Table of Content
The recruitment process of Punjab police is clean and translucent. The Punjab police recruitment board broadcasted the various job vacancies for different posts of police services. The physical fitness, physical measurements, metric qualification and medical fitness according to standards are the requisites of police service recruitment process. For the transparency in recruitment procedure all the norms are severely followed. The Punjab police recruitment written examination includes of general knowledge, English and Urdu language. In next section comes the recruitment process various posts.
Punjab Police Recruitment 2016
Punjab is a state of pride, sacrifice and glory. It is a state of power, bravery, firm willpower and devotion of Punjab police. They work obediently and maintain the respect and self-esteem of citizens. The Punjab police came into being in the year 1861 as a distinct organization. Punjab police force faced many disputes and challenges. They have respect for Human Rights. But the credit goes to Punjab police as they are improving their policing to uphold law and order and peace in the state. It’s the duty of both citizens and police to uphold peace in the state, as co- operation of both partners are similarly valuable and essential. Punjab police played a successful role in handling the terrorist activities. Punjab police has well recognized latest information system, scientific labs and training institutes of police personnel.
Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2016
The Police constable (male/female) exams are held by the Punjab Police recruitment Board. This post is also applicable for the Ex- Servicemen & wards of Freedom Fighters.
Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- For men/women: Minimum age limit for male and female candidate is 18 years and maximum age limit is 25 years.
- For Ex- service Men: Relaxation of 3 years is given in upper age limit.
- For Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe & Other Backward Classes: Relaxation of upper age limit is decided by the Government.
- For Male: The height of the male candidates should be 5’ 7”.
- For Female: The height of the female candidate must be 5’ 3”.
- The applicants would be tested on the grounds of physical fitness, physical efficiency & medical fitness.
- For the Punjab Police recruitment for the post of Constable, the minimum qualification is 10 +2 standard or equivalent education in any university/board.
- Punjabi Language is necessary for each and every applicant in 10th class and for ex- servicemen, qualification required is matric.
Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2016 Selection Process
There are distinct Recruitment Boards for choosing male and female constables. In case of female candidate, it is Central Recruitment Board and in case of male candidate District Recruitment Board is responsible. The applicants are chosen first on the basis of height measurements, educational qualifications and merit list is prepared, and then comes Physical Efficiency Test, and finally Personal interview.