PTU M.Tech 2018 Admissions which is conducted by I.K Gujral Punjab technical University of Jalandhar welcomes all the students willing to take admission in M.Tech courses at affiliated colleges and The Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University of Bathinda.
The registration process in PTU M.Tech 2018 will be tentatively available online in the 4th week of June 2018. Counselling fee of Rs. 2000 per course need to be paid by the candidates before they can fill in the registration form, candidates are allowed to take multiple courses at a time.
Students will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in their Gate exam, first priority will be given to candidates with their Gate exam scores and rest seats can be filled by Non-Gate examination students.
You can find the rest details regarding PTU M.Tech 2018 such as its eligibility criteria, exam dates and application form.
PTU M.Tech 2018 Eligibility Criteria
To be considered to take admissions in PTU M.Tech 2018, candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria given below.
- The candidate should hold a valid Gate exam scores.
- Candidate must hold a B.E./ B. Tech. Degree with an aggregate of minimum 50% (45% in case of ST//SC/PWD candidates).
- Non-Gate qualified candidates will be taken into consideration only if the seats are available after the Gate qualified candidates allotment and that too on the basis of performance in qualifying exams.
- 85% of the total seat is reserved for the candidates who live in Punjab and rest 15% will be for others who live outside of Punjab.
PTU M.Tech 2018 Application Form
The application form of PTU M.Tech 2018 will be releasing in 2 phases i.e for Round 1 and Round 2. Application form for round 1 phase will be available in the month of May wherein the round 2 application will be launched in the month of July 2018.
- Candidates need to pay the counselling fee before they can fill in the application form.
- The amount of fee 2000 which can be paid online by Credit/Debit card, Net banking or cash.
- For the cash payment candidates needs to contact the address mentioned below.
- Candidate will have to feed in details like Roll Number, Eligibility (Punjab or Outside State candidate), Gender, Main Category, Sub Category, and Priority.
- Aspirants then need to give in their personal details and educational details.
Address: I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University,
Jalandhar-Kapurthala Highway, Kapurthala,
Near Pushpa Gujral Science City,
PTU M.Tech 2018 Exam Dates
The important dates for PTU M.Tech admission will release soon according to Round 1 & Round 2 process until then the candidates refer to the tentative dates provided below.
|Beginning of counselling fee payment||1st week of May 2018|
|Last date to pay the fee amount||4th week of June 2018|
|Registration starts||4th week of June 2018|
|Deadline to register||1st week of July 2018|
|Availability of rank list||1st week of July 2018|
|Choice filling begins from||1st week of July 2018|
|Last date to submit the choices||2nd week of July 2018|
|Round 1 seat allotment result||2nd week of July 2018|
|Reporting at the institutes||3rd week of July 2018|
|Beginning of counselling fee payment||1st week of July 2018|
|Last date to pay the fee amount||2nd week of July 2018|
|Registration starts||2nd week of July 2018|
|Deadline to register||3rd week of July 2018|
|Availability of rank list||3rd week of July 2018|
|Choice filling begins from||3rd week of July 2018|
|Last date to submit the choices||3rd week of July 2018|
|Round 2 seat allotment result||3rd week of July 2018|
|Reporting at the institutes||4th week of July 2018|
PTU M.Tech 2018 Counselling
- Counselling will be conducted according to the merit list prepared based on GATE scores.
- Non-Gate qualified candidates can also apply for PTU M.Tech 2018 counselling but they will be given second priority after the leftover vacant seats by GATE qualified candidates.
- Seats will be allotted based on the Merit list drawn by the admissions committee.
- Its completely candidate’s decision whether to fill the allotted seats, if the candidate wishes to participate in the second round of counselling then his options would be limited.
- Selected candidates are requested to report in-person to the institute at the time of seat allotment.