Post-Graduate Medical entrance Test, Jammu & Kashmir is conducted by Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination. PGMET J&K 2017 is a state level examination that is organized for the individuals seeking admission in graduate, postgraduate and diploma programs. Streams that are offered after this examination are dental, MD, MDS and MS.
The examination is conducted for the admissions in leading medical institutions across Jammu and Kashmir. The examination centers are located in different cities of the state. The session of medical and dental degree programs last for three years and the postgraduate diploma programs lasts for two years.
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- You need to be a resident of Jammu and Kashmir. You need to be a permanent doctor of the state. You need to possess a valid MBBS or BDS degree of J&K University. Degrees from Kashmir University and Medical council of India are also accepted. Those of you from State Dental Council, State Medical Council and State Dental Council can also apply for the exam.
- One-year pre- registration and internship is mandatory for the individuals. This must be recognized from University of Jammu or Kashmir University. You should be registered as a Medical Graduate or a Dental Graduate. The SRO-08 of 2005 and SRO 430 of 2007 is also required by the individuals. This criterion is for the serving individuals.
- Scheduled Caste category have 4 percent seats while the Scheduled Tribes category are provided with 5 percent reservation. Seats are reserved for the Backward Classes as well. Backward areas are given 10% reservation and the residents of LOC have 2% reservation on seats. Unprivileged classes and sports quota individuals are provided with 1 percent reservation. Wards of Army personnel and other armed forces have 2% reservation on the seats of PGMET J&K.
- The application forms are available in the board offices of Jammu and Kashmir. The form and the prospectus can be gained after paying Rs. 1500/- as a DD drafted in favor of FA/CAO, the J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations, RCC, Jammu/Srinagar. This is the offline mode of application.
- The online individuals need to pay the required amount by net banking. You must scan your mark sheet of class 10th that will serve as your birth certificate and photographs for filling up the form. Those of you filling online form must take the print out of the form for reference because it has registration number on it. They should also take a printout of the payment receipt.
- You should practice the solutions on OMR sheets because this would help you in understanding the answering and detail-filling scheme. This practice will reduce the chances of mistakes.
- Exam is on the basis of MCQ therefore time management is a must for the individuals. You can also keep a record of the questions solved by them. This records help in the maintaining the accuracy.
PGMET J&K Eligibility criteria
There are different norms that are to be completed by the individuals appearing in PGMET J&K. After passing through PGMET J&K exam eligibility criteria, you can move on the next process. The standards that are required in this examination are as follows.
Seats distribution for the individuals
The seats of PGMET J&K are divided after the results of the examination. They are divided on the basis of rankings and the category of the individuals. Open merit category and reserved category are the two main elements of seat distribution. In Open merit, there are 65 % seats and the rest 35% percent are under reserved category.
PGMET J&K Application Form
Online and offline are the two modes available for the individuals applying for PGMET J&K. They can choose the suitable option accordingly. Following are the methods for submitting PGMET J&K exam application form:
Note- the examination fee is non- refundable and those of you taking part in the exam would not be liable to claim the fees back. In any case, is found then you would be terminated without furnishing the reasons.
PGMET J&K Preparation strategies
PGMET J&K Exam pattern consists of multiple-choice questions and this pattern is important for the individuals. The questions are based on the UG level exams. You should read the PGMET J&K follow preparation tips to understand the pattern of the exam.
Important Dates of PGMET J&K 2017
|The online application starts from||January 2017|
|The last date to fill the application form will be||January 2017|
|Admit card will be provided||a week prior to the examination|
|Entrance examination will be conducted||February 2017|
|Results will be declared by||March 2017|
|Counselling process will start by||March 2017|