PDPU M.Tech Admission 2017 – Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) has been established by Gujarat energy Research and Management Institute (GERMI) as a Private University through the State Act enacted on 4 April 2007. The University is acknowledged by UGC (University Grants Commission)and is aassociate of AIU (Association of Indian Universities). PDPU has also been bestowed Scientific & Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) recognition by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
The university has its own 1 megawatt solar plant. The Gujarat Government has decided to set up an international Centre of Excellence in Automobile at PDPU with investment of Rs. 150 Crores (US$ 25M) in joint venture with Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MSIL). Aspirants apply online for the PDPU M.Tech Admission if they meet the stated eligibility criteria. GATE qualified Aspirants can participate in the first phase. Aspirants not offered admission’s in the first phase or not having valid GATE scores have to appear for an aptitude test followed by an interview.
|PDPU M.Tech 2017 Admission Summary|
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Commonly known as||GATE|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
PDPU M.Tech Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicants for M.Tech must have passed the qualifying B. Tech. degree in the respective discipline with a minimum score of 60% on aggregate or CPI/CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale.
- A valid GATE score during the time of admission
- Aspirantsshort ofthe GATE score may also apply and candidates meeting with these below mentioned qualifications may be sponsored by related industries
M.Tech: Nuclear Engineering
B.Tech or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Civil/Instrumentation/ Chemical/ Metallurgical/ Production/Industrial Engineering or M.Sc in Physics/Electronics/Nuclear Physics
M.Tech (Electrical Engineering (Power Systems):
B.E./B.Tech or equivalent in Electrical/ Instrumentation and Control/Mech./Energy Science and Engineering
- Tech. (Mechanical Engg. (Thermal):
B.E./B.Tech or equivalent in Mechanical /Energy Science and Engineering
- Tech. (Civil Engg. (Infrastructure Engg. and Management):
B.E./B.Tech or equivalent in Civil Engg./ Environmental Engg. / Construction Technology/Planning
PDPU M.Tech Admission Selection Procedure
Admission to the PDPU M.TechAdmissions has 2 phases, the First Phase is based on valid GATE scores in and the Second Phase on the basis of the scores obtained in the Written Aptitude Test [WAT] and Personal Interview in the ratio 50:50. The First Phase Aspirants need not appear for the WAT and are eligible for direct admissions.
The sample WAT syllabi are available for reference on the university website.
PDPU M.Tech Admissions Written Aptitude Test Details
- A common Written Aptitude Test will be held for all the branches of PDPU M. Tech. admissions
- At the time of written examination, all aspirants are to carry and provide a set of the self-attested photocopies of all the relevant testimonials along with the originals.
PDPU M.Tech Admission 2017 – Registration Process
There are Application Fees of Rs 1500 which may be paid either with a Debit card / Credit card /or through the net-banking facility.
PDPU M.Tech Admission 2017 Application process
- Apply online on http://www.pdpu.ac.in the aspirant will receive a login and password after submitting the online Application.This is an important advice for the exam and must be saved for future access.On successful submission of the PDPU M.Tech Application Form, candidates will receive an email with the username (the Email registered in the Application will be the username) along with the password.
- Aspirants must upload their recent photographs and copies of their graduation certificates in the prescribed format, and provide the required information.
- Aspirants have to ensure all fields marked * are entered failing which the PDPU M.Tech Application Form will not be acknowledged.
- After the details are filled in and saved, aspirants will have to pay the application Fees via credit/debit card or internet banking.
- Once the Application Fees are paid, Aspirants must save and submit their PDPU M.Tech Application
PDPU M.Tech 2017 Admission Counseling
- Counselling for admissions is fixed in two phases.
- Phase 1 will be for the GATE qualified Aspirants and Phase 2 for non-GATE Aspirants who have to appear for the WAT and the personal interview.
- Aspirants who are shortlisted as per the PDPU Merit List as per Phase 1 & 2 will have to attend the counselling in person as specified
- If chosen for a seat, they have to pay the Admission Fees as specified.
Financial Assistance: Aspirants with effective GATE score and admitted to M.Tech programme, would be entitled to get a Research and/or Teaching Assistant-ship.
Rs.7500/- per month as Fellowship to the accepted aspirants having valid GATE score
Rs.7500/- per month is paid for Teaching Assistant-ship to the admitted Aspirants with or without valid GATE score, for the duration of the first year as per the prerequisite of the University
PDPU M.Tech Admission 2017 Important Dates
|PDPU M.Tech Admission Events||Important Dates|
|PDPU M.Tech Admission 2017 Application Form availability||April, 2017|
|Phase 1 Merit List (GATE qualified candidates)||June, 2017|
|Aptitude Test and Interview||July, 2017|
|Phase 2 Merit List||July, 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.
Other UG University Level Engineering Entrance Exams 2017
|BSAUEEE 2017||LNMIIT 2017|
|BVP CET 2017||LPU NEST 2017|
|CIPET JEE 2017||NSIT 2017|
|CUSAT CAT 2017||PDPU 2017|
|GEEE 2017||PESSAT 2017|
|IPU CET 2017||RGIPT 2017|
|JMI EEE 2017||SAAT 2017|
|Karunya Entrance Exam (KEE) 2017||SRMJEEE 2017|
|KIITEE 2017||TMISAT 2017|
|KLU EEE 2017||UPESEAT 2017|
|KRLMPCA CET 2017||Thapar B.Tech Admission 2017|