PAMCAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria – Though, the suitability criteria for admission comprising educational qualifications as stated by Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and Punjabi University, Patiala will be appropriate for admission to the institutions/colleges allied to respective Universities.
Applicants who have finished their secondary and higher secondary education with a minimum 3 years after 10+2 can apply for this respective course.
To get qualified in Punjab Admission to MCA – Master of Computer Applications CAT entrance exam and study in the Punjab Technical University applicant are mandatory to meet the following eligibility criteria:
PAMCAT 2017 Educational Qualification for Admission
As per the newest rules of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the basic educational qualifications for admission to these courses shall be as under:
All those applicants who have cleared passed from any documented bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years duration in any discipline, with mathematics at 10 + 2 school level or have cleared BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) of minimum 3 years duration from any well-known university.
- Candidates who have completed their secondary and higher secondary education with at least 3 years after 10+2 can apply for this respective course.
- Applicants need to secure a minimum 50 percent in their final year of graduation to be qualified for PAM-CAT (Punjab Admission to MCA Common Aptitude Test). (45% for Schedule Tribe, Schedule Caste, and Other Backward Class, and 40% for physically disabled).
- There is no age limit.
PAMCAT 2017 For MBA Course:
- The candidate should be a degree holder in the concerned discipline with at least of 50% marks from any UGC/ AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) appropriate college/ university.
PAMCAT 2017 For MCA Course:
- The candidates should be having a graduate degree of 3 years duration with at least of 50% marks and should have cleared 10+2 with Mathematics as the main subject or have accomplished 3 years of graduation in the Computer Applications from any documented university/ colleges for this purpose.
- Apart from this, the applicants who are in the final year of their succeeding degree examination can also appear in the concerned entrance examination.
- For Admission to the MBA (Master of Business Administration) or MCA (Master of Computer Applications) courses through MET and PAM-CAT (Punjab Admission to MCA Common Aptitude Test) 85% seats will be earmarked for the residents of Punjab State candidates and 15% seats will be open to candidates outside the State.
- BBA/B.Com./B.Com (Professional) /B.Sc. (Hons.) Economics or Graduate in any stream with Computer Applications / Computer Maintenance / Computer Sciences / IT /Mathematics / Statistics / Quantitative Techniques as one of the elective subjects with 50% marks in total or any corresponding degree thereto.
The residence circumstance of Punjab Applicants will be strong-minded in terms of commands allotted by the Government of Punjab, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms (Personnel Policies Branch).
Applicants who have appeared for the succeeding examinations, whose outcome has not been announced, may be allowed to appear conditionally in the Entrance Exam at their own risk and responsibility. Their application for admission to MBA (Master of Business Administration) or MCA (Master of Computer Applications) course shall be considered only if they submit correctly attested copy of the complete marks card/requisite certificate in original (stating the marks acquired) of the qualifying examination at the time of counseling.
The application of all applicants to the Entrance Exam shall be purely provisional. If on confirmation at a later stage, it is found that an applicant does not accomplish the suitability circumstances, his/her application will be cancelled and he/she will have no claim, whatever, against the University/College. The applicants are, hence counseled in their own interest to go through the eligibility circumstances carefully and make sure of their suitability before appearing in the exam.