Table of Content
Nursing Course in India – “Nursing” basically means curing. Nursing is one of the most popular careers by the women in India. Nursing is a very popular, hardworking, challenging, respectful and merciful occupation. It mainly suits women. In India, Rajasthan and Kerala have produced the most numbers of nurses.
Nursing is the necessary part of our medical system. Nursing is to perform to take care of the sick people with the help of health care science. Beside this, a nurse dispenses the medicine, keep the patient report and operates the medical equipments along with the custom duty.
Nursing is one of the cultured jobs in the world. It is the field of women’s choice. In the past, the work of nursing was done by the male nurses. After the transformation in this field and by the reputation of Florence Nightingale, the field is wanted by the women.
Nursing Course Details
Nursing is the right career option for those candidates who have the enthusiasm and attention to serve up the mankind. The person who supposed in the curative of medically ill people and can work in hard situation for long hours may select the nursing as the career for herself/himself.
The courses in the field of nursing are as the following:
- ANM (Auxiliary Nursing & Midwife) – 18 months
- GNM (General Nursing & Midwife) – 5 yrs
UG Degree courses
- Sc – Basic (Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Basic) – 4 yrs
- Sc– Post Basic (Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Post Basic) – 2 yrs
- Sc– Distance (Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Distance) – 3 yrs
PG Degree courses
- Sc (Master of Science in Nursing) – 2 yrs
- Phil (Master of Science in Nursing) – 1 yr (Full time)
- Phil (Master of Science in Nursing) – 2 yr (part time)
- Ph D (Doctor in Philosophy) – 3 to 5 yrs
Jobs and Career after Nursing Course
The best part of this field is that nurses never remain without a job. They without difficulty get the job in health care hospital and organizations. This is a field where you may get a government job easily.
The top job profiles in the field of nursing are as the following:
- Staff Nurse
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent
- Department Supervisor
- Deputy Nursing Superintendent
- Nursing Supervisor or Ward Sister
- Director of Nursing
- Nursing Superintendent
- Teacher of Nursing
- Community Health Nurse (CHN)
- Military Nurse
- Industrial Nurse
- Nursing Service Administrators
- Nursing Service overseas
Salary Income Range after Nursing Course
The nurses, who has just finished the course and are fresher can get the job with approximately 7000 to 15000 per month salary. With an experience of 2-3 years you can get the 20000 to 30000 per month. Whereas a well experienced and mature nurses can get the salary more than 50000 per month. There is an chance to get the job abroad.