Table of Content
We are glad to say that the official notification regarding Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) is released. Here in this article you would get complete details about Nizam’s Institute of Medical Science (NIMS) Ph.D Admission 2017 such as its eligibility criteria, important dates and various other important notifications.
NIMS (Nizam’s Institute of Sciences) was founded in the year 1887 which was a result of the merger of Hyderabad School and Madarsa-i-Aliya. Nizam’s is one of the most well known and oldest institute which imparts higher education in South India. The Nizam’s institute was tied up to the Madras University for more than 60 years and after that it was made a component College of Osmania University on 19th February 1947.
NIMS offers a number of courses and calls in applications for Ph.D courses for the academic year 2017-2018. NIMS University conducts Ph.D courses under regular mode only. Students are selected based on the merit in an entrance exam which is administered by the University “NIMS University M. Phil./ Ph. D Admission Test (NIMS MPAT).
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) Ph. D Admission 2017 Important Dates
|Application Process Begins||30th Jun, 2017|
|Last Date for submission of application forms||31st Jul, 2017|
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) Ph. D Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Those of you applying for Ph.D. in NIMS need to have the following:
- PG degree in Life Sciences subjects.
- You also need to have appeared in any of the following exam: CSIR/UGC JRF-NET or ICMR Junior research Fellowship or screening test organized by the university.
Note: For part time Ph.D. program the candidates would have to show a Memorandum of Understanding between the collaborating organization and NIMS.
Qualification for Guides:
Eligibility for Internal Guides is as follows:
Professors at NIMS and senior faculty members with a degree in DM/ M.Ch/DNB/ MS MD/ or Ph.D. would be eligible to be Guides for Ph.D. candidates.
They also need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Should not have less than 15 years experience in research or teaching.
- A minimum of 3 paper articles which are published as publish as first author and a minimum of 5 paper articles which are published as co-author.
Eligibility for External Guides:
The external guides need to have the following:
- MOU with recognized institutions only.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a faculty
- A minimum of 3 paper articles which are published as first author and a minimum of 5 paper articles which are published as co-author in indexed journals. (National/International Index journals)
How To Apply for Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) Ph. D Admission 2017
- You would have to click on the following link in order to apply for the Ph.D courses: http://nimsuniversity.org/online/reg.php.
- Next you would have to fill up all the necessary fields and mention the correct information as asked.
- After filling up all the details you need to press the submit button in order to submit the application.
- Then you would have to take a printout of the completely filled up application form.
- The downloaded application form needs to be sent to “Registrar, NIMS University, Shobha Nagar, Jaipur Delhi Highway (NH-11C), Jaipur-303121, Rajasthan”.
- Along with the hardcopy of the application form you need to send 2 recent passport size photos and a Demand Draft of Rs 2500/- which needs to be drawn in favor of NIMS University and would be payable at Jaipur.
Availability Of Seats
|Computer Science/ Computer Science and Engineering||11|