Table of Content
National Institute of Industrial Engineering Mumbai (NITIE) has dedicated itself to help Indian businesses to make their mark globally and has thus decided to act as a driving force not only in the manufacturing sector but in all dynamic sectors in the Indian economy. NITIE offers 2 courses that are approved by the AICTE in Post graduate Diploma in Industrial Management (PGDIM) and Post graduate diploma in industrial safety and environmental management (PGDISM) which are both two-year full time courses. The Institute uses Common Aptitude Test (CAT) as a tool for selection and shortlisting of students into the course and those who wish to seek admission into any of the two courses must first apply for CAT
The other necessary information about the admission procedure is enlisted below.
NITIE Mumbai Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for Indian students is engineering/technology graduates in any branch with an aggregate 60% marks which is relaxable by 5%in case of SC/ST/PD candidates an d a valid CAT score as per cutoff. However, candidate with Civil Engineering background will not be considered for PGDMM. There is r reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-NC and PD candidates. Those who are in the final year engineering/technology can also apply provided they qualify the criteria failing to do so their admissions will be cancelled.
15% of the seats in the supernumery quota is reserved for international students in each program. The entry level qualification is similar to those of Indian students specified above and the admission cut-off will be based on GRE/ GMAT/ CAT scores (whichever is applicable). Also students from countries that are non-English speaking should have a valid TOEFL score and international students will have to attend the interview along with Indian students though if it’s not possible they can use video conferencing
There are few seats reserved for sponsored candidates who are from a reputed industrial organization or academic institution. They are required to have at least 2 years of full time relevant experience after graduation in engineering /technology and are not required to take the GATE conducted by IITs though they may have to attend a written test/personal interview conducted at the institute . They are required to fill in the sponsorship form available on the official website and produce sponsorship certificate in the specific format from their employer
NITIE Mumbai Selection Procedure
Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview at NITIE, Mumbai.
NITIE Mumbai Admission 2015-2016
- Eligible candidates have to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) that’s conducted by the IIMs in order to be eligible to apply for the progammes.
- Candidates will have to register themselves before applying for the progammes. They can do the same via the official website.
- Those interested candidates who are in their final year of engineering/technology who wish to apply can do so if they:
Complete their examination, viva voce etc. by June.
They have to submit their final year mark sheet and provisional certificate latest by September
- If the duration of work experience is specified should be after the graduation
- If the candidate belongs to SC/ST /PD/ OBC candidates should provide certificates in support of the same at the time of group discussions and personal interviews.
- After the CAT results are out the candidates will have to fill in the CAT score online through admission portal within 10 days of the declaration.
- At the time of the group discussion/ personal interviews to be held at NITIE the candidate must produce the original CAT score card and original call letter.
- The candidate is always required to mention the application number in all the correspondence either via letter/fax or email.
- The candidate is required to convert his CGPA into appropriate percentage and also produce the Institutes/Universities conversions formula at the time of Group Discussion and personal interview.
- After the CAT result is entered through the online portal the candidate has to click on generate to complete the application form.
NITIE Fee structure
|Category||PGDIM||PGDISEM||PGDIM and PGDISEM|
NITIE Important dates
Dnline Application Portal Open : October
Challan Payment Closure : December
Online Application Portal Close: December
NITIE Mumbai Cut off
Assistant Registrar (Academic)
NITIE, Vihar Lake
Ph: 022 28573371, 28035317, 28035370
Fax: 022 28572066, 022 28573251