Nirma M.Tech Admission 2016 – The Ahmedabad based, Nirma University of Science & Technology is one of the oldest self-financed engineering colleges in Gujarat. The institution is grouped amongst the top 20 engineering colleges in India. The NIRMA University is established under the Nirma Education and Research Foundation providing higher education in the following disciplines: technology, engineering, business, pharmacy and sciences respectively. The university is recognized under the Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act.Courses offered.
Aspirants who wish to pursue the PG courses in engineering at the Nirma University must have qualified in the GATE. Aspirants can apply for the Nirma M.Tech Admission if they qualify in the GATE and meet with the eligibility criteria saspecified by the Nirma University. Non GATE Aspirants will have to appear for the Nirma University Admission Test for the vacant seats left after the admissions of the GATE qualified aspirants.
Admissions to the M.Tech programs at Nirma University are prepared with the help of the GATE scores.
|Nirma M.Tech 2016 Admission Summary|
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Commonly known as||GATE|
|Exam level||University Level|
|Conducting Authority||Administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
Nirma M.Tech Admission 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants applying for the M.Tech admissions at the Nirma University must possess valid GATE scores in addition to the specified Nirma M.Tech Eligibility Criteria.
Aspirants not having a GATE score must appear for the Entrance Exam of the university after meeting the Eligibility Criteria for the Nirma M.Tech Admission.
All applicants ought to have compulsorily passed one of the following exams:
- Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50% marks or an equal cumulative grade point index
- Any other qualifying degree / diploma examination consideredcomparable by Nirma University with minimum score 50% marks or equal CPI.
- Aspirants preparing for their final year qualifying exams are eligible to apply provided they submit the results of their final semester within a 30 days period, post the declaration of these results.
- Aspirants must have valid GATE Scores.
- Aspirants applying as External Candidates (by Research) should have a minimum work experience of three years after graduation, and are required to submit a ‘No Objection’ certificate from their employers for taking up this course.
- After completing the admissions of the GATE applicants, the university will hold an Entrance Exam for the remaining available seats.
- These seats will be offered to students who appear and qualify in the Entrance Exam held by the University.
- Aspirants whose GATE scores are less than the approved qualifying score will be treated as other aspirants and have to appear for the University Entrance Exam
Nirma M.Tech Admission 2016 Application Form
The Nirma M.Tech Admission 2016 application form as well as the payment towards the Application fees is available online on nirmauni.ac.in
Aspirants have to send a copy of the duly filled Nirma M.Tech Application Form to the university, Member Secretary (PG-ENGG. Admissions),Postgraduate and Research Center, Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmadabad 382481, Gujarat, INDIA.
The Nirma M.Tech Application Fee is Rs 1200/- and the payment may be made online with a Debit, Credit Card or through the Net Banking facility.
The guide to complete the registration and application is as follows:
- Register Online:
- Aspirants must register using their Email ID.
- The password is sent to the specified Email ID and the aspirants must use this password to login in. Note: the User ID will be the registered Email ID.
- Fill the Nirma M.Tech Application Form:
- Aspirants have to log in using the Email ID and password provided.
- They are advised to reset the password and maintain it safely for future reference..
Aspirants must enter their personal information, provide the important data as asked, load a passport size picture and the exam details, the course preference and payment information. Wherever relevant, they must mention their work experience.
- Aspirants will have to upload the mandatory information documents and also provide data such as the formula to convert CPI/CGPA to percentage, this is required on the letter head of Institute/University
- Aspirants are advised to download and print the application form post the successful online submission and keep it for reference, as they may be required to provide it at the time of the counselling program, along withthe documents they have uploaded..
All Final year candidates whose results are declared after the specified date are required to send the details of their results to the PG coordinators of the respective departments.
Nirma University Entrance Exam
This is an ‘objective type’ question paper with 60 questions in all. This paper has to be solved within 60 minutes and the syllabus of the exam is the same as the GATE.
Nirma M.Tech Admission 2016 Selection Procedure
- This is basis the GATE scores followed by a personal interview.
- Seat admittances[available post the selections of the GATE applicants] will be filled through a written test conducted by the institute at a date announced by them.
- For all programmes, non-sponsored applicants with qualifying GATEscore as mentioned in score card (greater than or equal to qualifying marks out of 100 or score in respective discipline) will be given admission based on GATE merit
- Aspirants who have applied for the GATE category but having less than suitable marks/ score (of general category) will be considered as non-GATE applicants and have to appear for the test
- Such applicants will be given admission based on merit
- The syllabus for the written test for Non-GATE applicants will be same as that of latest GATE Examination of the specificM.Tech Program
A total of 402 seats are available across various disciplines under the M.Tech programs at the Nirma University, Institute of Technology.
Admission of sponsored applicants for all M.Tech Programsis based on the merit of qualifying degree examination
Sponsored aspirants having equal merit marks calculated on the basis of qualifying degree examination
Admission to M.Tech (by Research) programme will be given based on the merit of the entrance test followed by an interview
Nirma M.Tech Admission 2016 Important Dates
|Nirma M.Tech Admission Events||Important Dates|
|Availability of Nirma M.Tech Admission 2016 Application forms||May, 2016[wp_ad_camp_3]|
|Online Application Process Ends||June, 2016|
|Shortlisted candidates display||July, 2016|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.