The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the first phase of JEE Main 2019 exam on 8 January 2019 and the exam will end by 12 January 2019. Over 9.6 Lakhs students across the country are appearing in the exam at various exam centres located around the world. The students who are appearing need to know the important instructions and exam pattern and keep that in their mind so that they can easily take up the exam. A few days ago, National Testing Agency has released an advisory for the students which suggest the dos and don’ts for the candidates. From the year 2019 onward, JEE Main exam will be conducted in online mode only and the students will be given chance twice to crack JEE Main exam and get admission into the top Engineering institutions such as IITs, ISM, IIITs, NITs & more reputed engineering colleges.
JEE Main 2019: Important Instructions for the candidates
The candidates appearing in the first phase of JEE Main 2019 exam must know the important instructions suggested by the exam conducting body:
- The candidates are firstly recommended to download their Admit Card on the NTA’s website at www.jeemain.nic.in. and have to check the following details indicated on the Admit Card:
- Reporting Time at Centre
- Gate Closing time of Centre
- Date of Examination
- Shift and Timings of Test
- Venue of Test
- The candidates are suggested to visit the Examination Centre, a day before the examination and get themselves familiarize themselves with the exam centre location so that they can reach at venue of the Test on time on the day of exam.
- The students must reach the venue of the test centre at the Reporting Time mentioned on the Admit Card. No candidates will be allowed to enter in the Test venue if they report beyond the Gate Closing time. (Instructions have been issued for strict compliance. Several pre-examination formalities need to be completed and therefore please reach on time).
- The candidates have to carry the following items along with them to the JEE Main 2019 exam hall:
- JEE Main Admit Card downloaded from the NTA Website (a clear preferably colour printout on A4 size paper).
- One Passport size photograph (same as uploaded with the Online Application Form) to be pasted on the Attendance Sheet at the Centre.
- A valid Photo ID Proof in ORIGINAL (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/E- Aadhaar/Ration Card). (Note: No Candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Centre, without identity verification).
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category. The candidates with Physical Disability are requested to report early for facilitation during entry.
- The candidates are not allowed to carry Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material), Eatables and Water (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/Ear Phone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, to wear/carry any type of watch including Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room. There may not be any provision for safe keeping of valuables at the JEE Main 2019 Exam Centre.
- Diabetic students will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle to the Examination Hall/Room. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolates/candy/sandwich etc.
- The candidates will be provided Pen/ Pencil and blank paper sheets for rough work in the examination Hall/Room.
- The candidates must write their name and Roll Number at the top of the sheet, and must return the sheets and JEE Main 2019 Admit Card to the Invigilator, before leaving the examination Hall/Room. The candidates must enter required details in the Attendance Sheet in legible handwriting, put their signature, Left
- Hand Thumb Impression and paste the Photograph at the appropriate place. They should ensure that their Left Hand Thumb Impression is clear and not smudged.
- The candidate are advised to read the instruction prescribed over the JEE Main Admit Card 2019 and o go through all Instruction.
JEE Main 2019: Exam Pattern
The candidates appearing in the JEE Main 2019 exam must be completely aware about the exam pattern as determined by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The important details related to the JEE Main 2019 exam pattern paper 1 is as follows:
- JEE Main 2019 exam paper 1 will be conducted in online mode only.
- The candidates will be asked total 90 questions (30 questions from each section).
- Total marks in the exam will be 360 and the candidates will have to take up the exam withing 3 hours.
- The candidates can take up JEE Main exam in English, Hindi and Gujarati languages.
- For each correct answer, the candidates will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.