NOIDA– HRD will release the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) India Rankings 2019 on April 8th. As per the sources, President of India, Ram Nath Kovind will announce the ranking released by HRD.
The colleges and universities have been receiving the NIRF ranking for different courses and fields since 2016. There will be nine categories under which the ranking will be assigned- Overall Universities, Colleges, Engineering, Pharmacy, Management, Medical, Law, and Architecture.
The parameters to be considered for NIRF ranking are learning & resources, teaching, graduation outcomes, research & professional practices, perception, and outreach & inclusivity.
Last year, the NIRF rankings were released on 3rd April 2018. In the NIRF ranking 2018, IISc was declared the best institute whereas the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M) was adjudged the best engineering college. Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A), as expected, won the title of best management institution in NIRF 2018. Premier healthcare institute AIIMS was the best medical college, DU’s Miranda House was the best college and NLSIU-Bengaluru was the best law school in the country.
List of Best Institutes in NIRF 2018 Rankings
1) Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
2) Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi
3) Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
4) Anna University, Chennai
5) University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
6) Jadavpur University, Kolkata
7) University of Delhi, Delhi
8) Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
9) Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
10) Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh