GATE 2020 application has been started in online mode on September 3. The examination conducting body that is the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi has started the GATE 2020 application process. The online registration form has been released on the official website at gate.iitd.ac.in. Eligible candidates can apply for GATE 2020 till September 24, 2019.
How to apply for GATE 2020
In order to fill and submit the online application form of GATE 2020, the candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log on to the official website of GATE 2020, gate.iitd.ac.in
- Click on ‘GATE Online Application Portal is live. Click here to Apply’
- Make your login account
- Log in using your enrollment id/email address and password
- Fill the application form
- Upload all the required documents and pay the fees
- Click on submit
GATE 2020: Important dates
As per the official brochure released for GATE 2020, the important dates are as follows:
- GATE online application processing system (GOAPS) opens: September 3, 2019
- Last date to close the GATE online application processing system (GOAPS): September 24, 2019
- Extended closing date for submission of application form: October 1, 2019
- Admit card availability: January 3, 2020
- GATE 2020 Exam date: February 1 to 9, 2020
- Result announcement: March 16, 2020
GATE 2020 application process
While filling the online application form of GATE 2020, the following steps has to be followed by the candidates:
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- High-quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the specified requirements (File size should be between 5KB and 200KB)
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the specified requirements (File size should be between 5KB and 150KB)
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate: upload any one of the following valid Documents (File size should between 10 KB and 500 KB, pdf format):
- Degree certificate / Provisional passing certificate.
- Course completion certificate.
- Consolidated mark sheet / Final year mark sheet.
- Those who have not completed undergraduate studies. Upload Eligibility certificate in the prescribed format is available in GATE 2019 Website.
- Section A or B completion certificate from a professional society
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall).