DU will Contact CBSE for Mark sheets, it would Reduce Cases of Fake Documents Submission, Says officials

18 Mar, 2019
DU will Contact CBSE for Mark sheets, it would Reduce Cases of Fake Documents Submission, Says officials
Official from DU said "If we get access to the CBSE database of students, there will be surety of almost 80 per cent of students, while we can get the rest of the mark sheets and certificates verified from respective boards, thereby ensuring more transparency".

Noida – The Delhi University has decided to contact the Central Board of School Examination (CBSE) for getting the mark sheets & certificates of the students who will apply for admission in DU; it will reduce the cases of fake documents being submitted by the students for admissions, an official from Delhi University said on Saturday. DU is also looking for looking by the forensic experts to check the veracity of marksheets.

Last year, 82 per cent of students from the CBSE enrolled for admissions and the remaining 18 percent students were from other boards, so that the move taken by the University will surely help in reducing the cases of fake document submission.

Official from DU said “If we get access to the CBSE database of students, there will be surety of almost 80 per cent of students, while we can get the rest of the mark sheets and certificates verified from respective boards, thereby ensuring more transparency”. it will also reduce stress for students who will not have to submit their mark sheets during the time of admissions, he also added.

Last year, DUSU president Ankiv Basoya had allegedly submitted fake mark sheets to get admission in the Delhi University. After getting elected as the president of the Delhi University’s Students’ Union (DUSU), his admission was cancelled after a case was registered against him and following the row. Therefore, the varsity is trying sto contact the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to use their database for getting students’ mark sheets and certificates so that the students have to submit the same during the time of admissions.

The admission process for 2019-2020 academic session will tentatively begin on April 15 and registration for all undergraduate, postgraduate, M.Phil and PhD courses will be done from April 15 to May 7, tentatively.

Shahzad has always wanted to pursue a career in writing, especially for education affairs. He loves to write news which are helpful for the students around the world.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here