NOIDA: Central Board of Secondary Education has released the schedule for PWD (Differently-abled) students to make requests for availing the exemptions allowed by the board in the upcoming 10th and 12thg board examination. This year, CBSE has added new concessions and exemptions for candidates with disabilities. The candidates from PWD category can submit their requests for exemptions from the last date of students’ list submission (without late fee) to CBSE.
The process of Submitting Request by PWD Candidates for Exemptions
- On the last dates of list submission (without late fee), the respective schools will inform the PWD candidates about the revised exemptions and concessions laid by CBSE.
- After the submission of LOC, schools will make the list of the candidates applying under PWD category.
- Within 15 days from the first activity, the students/ parents/ guardians will be able to submit their requests with the supporting documents to avail the exemptions and concessions rolled out by CBSE for annual 10th and 12th board exams.
- After receiving the requests, schools will consolidate all the data in tabular form with all the supporting documents within 7 days from the second activity.
- In a single request, each school will send the data to the concerned regional office for their kind approval within 10 days from the third activity.
- The deficiency (if any) will be communicated by the regional office to the respective school within 10 days from the third activity.
- School will address the deficiency and send the corrected data to the regional office within 10 days from the fourth activity.
The schools will also have to inform to the regional office of a student had received the same facility earlier in previous classes. Suppose, if a 12th class student had availed the same exemption in class 10th or a student of 10th class had availed the concession in class 9th, then the school will have to convey the same to the regional office.
This activity is beneficial for the students in terms of getting approval from CBSE within the deadline and also for CBSE while allotting the roll numbers to PWD candidates for the upcoming board exams.