NOIDA: IIM-Calcutta will be the apex authority to organize CAT or Common Admission Test on November 25. There are approximately 2.41 lakh aspirants that have applied for CAT 2018. IIM-Calcutta has published a long list containing certain instructions that the candidates need to follow on the day of examination. They are not permitted to wear any kind of jewelry or even the footwear while appearing for CAT 2018. In the year 2016, the applicants were suggested to wear any type of open footwear like chappals.
The test day help guide has been published on November 19 and it mentions various facts pertaining to the exam. The exam conducting authority has instructed that only the hall ticket or admit card, relevant medical certificates, photo identity proof and specified affidavit (if required) would be allowed inside the examination centre and the proper frisking will be done by the officials to ensure the same.
Things that are strictly restricted by the authority to carry inside the examination room
- Wearing any sort of jewelry with metal embellishments in it is not allowed. The strict frisking will be done in the examination centre and if any of the applicants carry the same, they will be instructed to remove it.
- The jackets and footwear are not allowed inside the examination hall and those who carry the same will have to remove during frisking.
- Bringing any kind of electronic devices, gadgets, mobile phones, watches, stationery items, calculators and much more inside the exam room is not permitted at all. The officials will ask the candidates to keep them all outside the test centre at the time of frisking.
- The applicants will be permitted to wear socks, sweaters, plain pullovers, cardigans etc with no pockets in it while appearing for the exam. They need to go through the strict frisking process before entering the examination centre.
- Those applicants who have the implants of metal or pacemaker in their body will have to carry the related medical certificate as an evidence of the same at the exam centre.
- After frisking, whatever belongings will be found, the authority officials will put them aside and they will not be accountable in case of any loss or missing of the items.
There will be two sessions of CAT and these will be from 9 am to 12 pm and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. All the appearing candidates are recommended to visit the exam centre by 7:30 am for the morning session and by 1 pm for the afternoon session.