NEF Law College conducts NLET. NEF Law Entrance Test gets organized every year on the state level. It works under the affiliation of Guwahati University. The College provides bachelor and master Law courses. It offers three 5-year integrated courses. It offers B.A. LLB, BBA LLB, and B.Com LLB programs. 60 seats available for BA & BB LLB program. Honors mode of these courses offered. NEFLC offers 2-year LL.M courses. B.A. LLB with 120 seats for admission. LLM course comprises 50 seats. Students interested should fill Application until the last date. Seats get allotted to students. Admissions are totally based on the rank scored in NLET 2018.
Various courses provided by the University: (FULL-TIME Regular course)-
- LLB – Bachelor of Law program carries n3-year duration for the entire course.
- LLB (Honors) – It also carries 3-year total duration for the course.
- A. L.L.B. (honors) – This Integrated course carries 5-year duration.
- B.A L.L.B. (honors) – This Integrated course carries 5-year duration
- COM L.L.B (honors) – This Integrated course carries 5-year duration
- M. – This master’s program carries 2-year duration.
The other courses provided by the University helps in the overall development of the students. The aspirants who wish to apply to the University for Admissions need to qualify certain eligibility criteria for respective fields.
Admissions to LLB (without Honors) and LLB (Honors) are based on the marks obtained in graduation degree exam.
The eligibility criteria are different for UG courses and it is different for PG courses. For PG courses the students must have a graduation degree with aggregate minimum marks required for the specialization and for UG courses the eligibility criteria is different.
NEF Law College is affiliated with Guwahati University. It provides other law programs at UG and PG level. The candidates must secure 45% aggregate marks in class 12th equivalent for UG courses. For reserved candidates like SC/ST students, the eligibility criteria are 40% aggregate. Candidates waiting for class 12th result scan also apply for the exam.
NEF Law Entrance Test 2018 – An Overview
Students can access the official website of the Institute, NEFL College for latest updates. The official dates and all the details can be gained from the website. Here we have summarized the details of examination pattern of NEF 2018-
|Exam Name||NEF Law Entrance Test|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducted By||NEF Law College, Guwahati|
|Exam Category||Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate|
|Exam Type||Objective Type Questions|
NEF Law Entrance Test Dates:
No official dates get released by the Institute. The released dates get shown on the official website. The website made available NEF College Students should check the website. Temporary dates released.
|Date for the Starting of Application process for the students with downloading of the forms||April-May 2018|
|Last date for filling and submitting the Application form||June 2018|
|Admit card release date of the test||June 2018|
|Exam date and merit list of NLET 2018||20th June 2018|
|Result date announcement of the test||July 2018|
|Counselling session begins for students||July-August 2018|
NLET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Some necessary ways made by the Institute. Strictly follow the points given. Make sure you fall eligible at every point.
Age limit: There is no age limit for the students to apply for the exam. Candidates can apply for the exam without any restrictions on the age limit.
Residence: The students applying for the exam should have the citizenship of India. Candidates should belong to the same state even if they are the domicile of the state living outside the state.
Educational qualification: Minimum 50% marks required for general category. The percentage is set as 45% in case of SC/ST students. The Exam passed must be from a recognized board. Appearing 10+2 students could apply. They need to submit the passing certificate. The passing certificate gets required at the time of Counselling. For LLM program, the candidate must have passed LLB degree. The degree should be held from any recognized Institute. No age-limit prescribed until date by College.
NLET 2018 Application form:
Online & offline mode made available. The Application gets downloaded from the website. It made available from April-May 2018 for candidates download.
- Search for Application link. The first step includes the downloading process of application form either from the website or from the campus itself.
- The application form can be downloaded by the students through offline and online mode. Students can visit the University campus to collect the application form or else they can download the application form from the official website of the University.
- The next step is to fill the application form providing the required information such as the signature and photograph, personal and academic details such as passing certificate and grades.
- Open the Application and read all instructions. Register yourself. Fill your personal details asked. Enter your Name, gender, and citizenship. Date of birth, residential address, and mobile number. Upload your scanned photograph and signature.
- The size and resolution provided. Other documents required mark sheets of 10th and 12th LLB course passed certificate. This will be required for LLM admissions. Caste and category certificates also considered important.
- All the details provided should be correct for that purpose the students should re-check the information provided on the application form.
Pay Application fee of Rs. 500. It can be paid by debit/credit card. Facility of net banking made available. Candidates must note that they can make the payment by credit card, debit card. Facility of net banking gets available. Offline mode of fee payment made available through DD. DD mode required to pay Rs. 550 with Rs 50 as processing fee is charged. Prepare DD in name of “NEF Law College”. The Application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. Candidates must keep the payment receipt with them safely. After this, candidates will get their application number and other details. Candidates must get a printout of their receipt and keep it with them. Enter the card details in space provided. Enter the otp generated. Wait till the transaction completes.
Offline mode of fee payment made available through e-challan. Bank e-challan need to be generated from Allahabad Bank with Core-Banking Services. Bank service charges are applicable in both the mode of payment. Save the details entered. Review the details entered. Submit the form.
It required being Payable at Guwahati. Save the details entered. For the offline Application filling, the candidates are required to write a request letter in favor of NEF College. Attach the DD of the fee. Send it to the College address. You could get the Application in-person. Get it from the NEF College campus, Guwahati.
NLET 2018 Exam Pattern:
The Exam authority has notified of the NLET 2018 exam pattern so that candidates can become familiar with the actual exam scenario. The exam pattern is given in the table below.
|Total Time Given to Finish the Exam||2.5 hours|
|Language of Question Paper||English and Hindi|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||182 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct response
There is no negative marking for the wrong answers
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Syllabus||General English, General Knowledge, Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness and Mathematics|
|Location and Exam centers||Tentatively in 30 cities of India|
NLET 2018 Reservation of Seats:
The NLET Exam council has mentioned the seat reservation quota for all applying candidates. The details are mentioned in the table below.
|Students Graduating from institute||25 Percent|
|General categories||25 Percent|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||12 Percent|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||17 Percent|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||21 Percent|
NLET 2018 Exam Admit Card:
Admit card made available from the website. This gets available for online Application submission. Students download it from June 2018.
- Search for the admit card link.
- Open and fill your Application Id and name.
- Admit card gets displayed.
It will have details of student and Exam. It also contains Name, photograph, signature, contact details of the students. Exam details with center address, date, and timings. Application submitted at the College campus. Such students collect their Admit card the same time. It is the most important document for Exam. Students get disqualified from the Exam of the present year. The admit card is the most important document for a candidate to appear for the exam. Without the admit card students will not be considered eligible to appear for the exam.
The admit card defines the identity of the student. It consists the name and application number of the student. The login credentials which are assigned to the students will be considered as key to download the admit card and the students can also check their results with the help of their login id credentials.
NLET 2018 Exam Syllabus:
General English. It contains topics from English Grammar. Also, questions arrive from reading passages. Topics come from Synonyms. Antonyms and Homonyms also get covered. Also comes from Vocabulary and Tenses. Passive and Active voice questions. Idioms, word selection. One word substitution.
General knowledge and current affairs topics are as follows. Legal issues in India. Eminent personalities in India. World and Indian History. Physical and world Geography. Economic issues. Civic cultures. Awards and prizes. General Sciences.
Legal Aptitude and Awareness. Critical reasoning. Analogy and Menology. Blood relations. Series and sequences.
Logical Reasoning. Patterns, logical links, and illogical arguments. Syllogisms and Analogy.
Mathematics. Algebra. Geometry. Trigonometry. Permutation-Combination. Sequences & series. Probability. Integration and Differentiation.
NLET 2018 Exam Results:
Results made available from official website. It made available in the month of June-July 2018. Dates get released on the website.
- Open the website and search for “NEF Law Entrance Test 2018”.
- Open the link. Enter the name, date of birth & roll number.
- Submit and the result page gets appeared. Rank-card provided for selected students. Contains name & roll number of student.
The results will be announced in the first week of July 2018. The merit list will be declared after the declaration of the results. Candidates will be shortlisted after the announcement of the merit list and those students will be called for the counseling session. The results decide the admission procedure of the students. After this counseling and the person-interview round is initiated only for the shortlisted students.
NLET 2018 Exam Counseling:
- The students get information for the Counselling. Centralized Counselling process conducted. Seat allotment process organized. Students required appearing in Institute.
- They must present on the date provided. Documents verify performs. The process will be called as Document Verification Process.
- The required document in original & Xerox. Students should possess only correct documents. Passport sized photographs. Transfer certificate. Migration and caste certificate. Id proofs. Admit card of NLET 2018. Print of NEF Law Entrance test rank-card
- The counseling process begins at the end of the admission procedure. All the students must be present at the time of counseling with their guardian to complete the verification process.
- Counseling session begins at the last step after the successful commencement of the exam and the results.