NEET 2018 UG – National Eligibility Entrance Test is the national level examination for admission to BDS & MBBS courses. NEET 2018 UG examination is conducted by CBSE which every year across the country. NEET exam provides admissions into MBBS or BDS courses offered by various private and government medical colleges in the country.
From 2016 onward, AIPMT exam was replaced by NEET examination. Therefore, NEET score is considered by all medical institutions for providing admission in MBBS/BDS courses. Complete information about NEET 2018 UG including exam dates, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc is provided below.
NEET 2018 UG Exam Dates
The following are the Important Exam Dates of NEET 2018 UG:
|Commencement of Application form||Last week of December 2017|
|Last date of Registration||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date to pay the application fee||Last week of January 2018|
|Issue of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Date of Examination||1st week of May 2018|
|Announcement of Result||1st week of June 2018|
|Commencement of Counselling||After result declaration|
NEET 2018 UG Eligibility Criteria
Students appearing for NEET 2018 UG must check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET Examination. Following are the Eligibility criteria for NEET 2018 examination:
- Candidates appearing for NEET 2018 UG should have qualified the 12th or equivalent Subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology with English should have been taken earlier by candidates.
- Even candidates who are appearing for the 12th exam are eligible to apply for NEET 2018 UG.
- Applicants from General category should have obtained at least 50% marks, 40% marks for reserved category and 45% marks for general-PH.
- Candidates who are Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO), Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and Foreign National (FN) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates from J&K/AP/Telangana are eligible for all India 15% quota only by submitting the self-declaration.
- Aadhar card is a must for filling the application form.
- The maximum age limit for appearing NEET 2018 UG is 25 years for General and OBC candidates and 30 years for other categories.
- The minimum age limit for appearing NEET 2018 UG is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
How to apply for NEET 2018 UG Application Form
- NEET Application form 2018 will be available online tentatively around last week of December 2017.
- The NEET 2018 UG application form will be available on the official website of CBSE. Candidates can apply for NEET 2018 UG via online mode
- Candidates have to fill the online application form, which will include all the necessary details about their communication credentials such as phone number, email ID and address along with educational qualification.
- Students should have Registration Number and Aadhaar Card Number which will be provided by institutes to apply for NEET 2018 UG.
- Scanned images and signature are needed to be uploaded in the application in prescribed specifications.
- Acknowledgement page will be available for download after successfully submitting the Application form.
- Correction in the application form can be done by candidates through the official website only.
- One candidate can submit only one application.
- Multiple applications submitted won’t be considered valid.
Candidates are required to pay the Application form fee so as to complete the registration of form.
- The application fee for the candidates of the reserved category will be 750/-.
- The application fee for all the candidates will be 1400/-.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through Credit card, Debit card or Net banking/UPI/E-Wallet of numerous service providers.
- The application fee can be paid through the bank challan/e-challan also.
NEET 2018 UG Exam Pattern
The NEET Exam Pattern 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- The total number of Question asked in the examination will be 180.
- NEET 2018 UG Examination will be only through online mode.
- Multiple type/Objective questions will be asked along with 4 option given.
- Subjects for examination are Chemistry, Physics & Biology.
- The duration of examination will be 3 hours.
- The question paper will be in 8 languages like English, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- The Marking scheme consists of 4 marks for each correct answer.
- There is Negative Marking and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2018 UG Syllabus
- NEET Syllabus 2018 will be officially declared on their website by the concerned authority.
- The syllabus will be prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India).
- The syllabus is mostly based on 11th& 12th class standard.
NEET 2018 UG Admit Card
- The NEET Admit Card 2018 can be downloaded tentatively around 1st week of April 2018.
- For downloading the Admit Card candidates need to visit the official website and enter their application number and password.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the Admit Card.
- Candidates have to compulsively bring the Admit Card at the time of examination or else would not be allowed to appear the exam.
- The admit card comprises of details such as exam date, exam duration, reporting time and the venue of the exam.
NEET 2018 UG Preparation Tips
- Firstly, Candidate must gather all the relevant study material as prescribed in NEET 2018 UG Syllabus.
- Use NCERT books for NEET examination along with the Class 11th and 12th books of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- Proper study timetable should be scheduled by the candidates.
- Practising mock tests and previous year papers will help a lot.
- Be relaxed and stress-free.
- Consult good books like:
Morrison Boyd for Organic Chemistry
SC Verma (Part-1 and 2) ABC Chemistry
Peter Atkins and Julio de Paula for Physical Chemistry
Arihant Organic Chemistry
Dinesh Chemistry Class 11
Dinesh Class 12 Chemistry
HC Verma for Physics Vol 1
HC Verma for Physics Volume 2
AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication)
MTG (Biology Today)
Trueman’s Objective Biology(Volume 1 & 2)
NEET 2018 UG Answer Key
- The NEET Answer Key 2018 will be released by CBSE Board within a week of examination.
- NEET Answer Key 2018 is going to be published online on the official website.
- Answer Key will help candidates in cross-checking their answers with the ones they wrote in actual exams.
NEET 2018 UG Revaluation Process
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- for per question evaluated.
- If the questions were wrongly evaluated earlier than full revaluation money will be refunded.
NEET 2018 UG Result
- NEET Result 2018 will be declared tentatively around 1st week of June 2018 on the official website(cbseneet.nic.in).
- Candidates can check their results for NEET 2018 UG by submitting their roll number and other details online.
- Candidates are advised to keep extra printouts of result for further use.
- Merit List will be prepared after the result are declared by DGHS, MCI and DCI for admission.
NEET Cut-Off 2018 are based on various factors such as the number of candidates, availability of seats etc.
- The cutoff is the minimum score required by candidates for admission in various institutes.
- The Cutoffs will be released in the month of June 2017.
- It will be based on the number of students appeared in the exam, difficulty level and availability of seats.
NEET 2018 UG Counselling
After the declaration of NEET 2018 UG results, the applicants will be called for NEET Counselling on the basis of merit list. The counselling will tentatively start from the 3rd week of June 2018.
- Counselling will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Candidates who have successfully cleared the examination will have to register themselves online for counselling.
- There will be 3 rounds of counselling based on candidates availability and ranking.
- Mock counselling will also be conducted before the final allotment of seats to help the candidates for the selection of colleges and courses.
- As per candidate’s ranking in the merit list and his/her preference, final allotment of seats will be done.
- After the counselling procedure candidates have to report at their allotted Institute for verification of documents and payment of fees.
Keep visiting for further updates about NEET 2018 UG and drop down a comment below for any doubts or query.