NDA Syllabus 2019 is very important and crucial for each and every candidate to know. A candidate is not being able to prepare for the NDA 2019 exam if he has no idea about the syllabus. Syllabus gives a proper direction to the candidate. Everyone can give the best result if they know what they have to prepare. NDA (National Defence Academy) is an entrance exam for those who want to serve Indian Armed Forces i.e. Indian Army, Indian Airforce, Indian Navy. NDA is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). It is conducted in every year twice. According to the NDA notification 2019, NDA-1 will be conducted on 21st April 2019 and NDA-2 on 17th November. There are different stages to join Indian Armed Forces, firstly a candidate needs to clear the written exam then the candidate will appear for the SSB interview. If a candidate clears both of them then a candidate will go for the medical and physical test. Candidate clearing all the four stages is ready to join Indian Armed Forces.
NDA Syllabus 2019:
Exam will be comprised of two parts.
- Part-I – Mathematics
- Part-II- General Ability Test
NDA Syllabus 2019 for Mathematics
Mathematics will be of 10+2 level. Main topics are as follows:
|Trigonometry||Analytical geometry of two or three dimensions|
|Algebra||Matrices and determinants|
|Vector algebra||Statistics and probability|
|calculus||Internal calculus and differential calculus|
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry ratios there angles, properties of the triangle, sum and difference formulae, inverse trigonometric functions, height and distances, applications of sub-multiple and multiple angles.
- Analytical geometry of two or three dimensions : Equation of circle in general and standard form , angle between two lines, ellipse and hyperbola, distance formula ,rectangular Cartesian coordinate system, Equation of line in various form, distance of a point from a line , eccentricity and axis of a conic , point in a three dimensional space , distance between two points , direction ratios and direction cosines , equation of a sphere, angle between two lines and two planes ,equation of a line and a plane in different forms.
- Algebra : Modulus, cube roots of unity, conversion of a number in binary system to decimal system and vice-versa, solution of linear inequalities through the graph, representation of real number in line, Binomial theorem and its applications, Quadratic equation, Permutation and combination, logarithms and application, complex number, argument, arithmetic.
- Matrices and determinants: Determinant of a matrix, operations on a matrix, Cramer’s rule basic properties, type of matrices.
- Vector Algebra: Vector in two or three dimensions, applications word done by force or moment of force, scalar multiplication of vector, unit and null vector, vector product addition of vector and cross product of two vectors.
- Statistics and probability: All type of events, binomial distribution, and outcome, definition of probability and examples, conditional probability, elements, and theorem. In statistics, Classification of data, frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution, histogram-mean, median, mode, pie chart, variance and standard deviation correlation and regression.
- Calculus : composite function, one to one, onto and inverse functions, continuity of functions increasing and decreasing , algebraic operations on continuous functions, second order derivative, Notion of limit, maxima and minima, domain and standard limits ,derivative of sum , product and quotient, derivative of a function with respect to other function .
- Internal and calculus and differential calculus: Formation of a differential equation by examples, exponential and hyperbolic functions, order and degree, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types, definite integrals and standard integrals, determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves, integration.
Other than that concept of basic mathematics should be clear of the candidate.
NDA Syllabus 2019 for General Ability Test:
It is comprised of two parts in itself.
- Part – I : English
- Part – II : General knowledge
NDA Syllabus 2019 for English
Basics of grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, use of words, English proficiency.
NDA Syllabus 2019 for General Knowledge:
It includes physics, chemistry, general science, geography, history, current events, and freedom movements.
|Work, energy and power||Electricity and current|
|Mode of transfer of heat and its effects||Pressure cooker, fuses and its safety, gramophone, telegraph, working of pendulum etc.|
|Laws of motion||Magnet and its properties|
|Matter||Light and sound and its properties|
|Acid, bases and salts||Preparation of chemicals|
|Physical and chemical changes||Properties of oxygen, hydrogen etc with reduction and oxidation|
|Chemical equations and chemical combination and it laws||Atom and structure|
|Elements, mixtures and compounds||Fertilizers|
|Air and water, its properties||Carbon and its form|
|Solar System||Achievements of scientists|
|Basics of cell||Reproduction of animals and plants|
|Living and not living beings||Life processes|
|Epidemic: prevention and cause||Balanced food and diet|
|Export, Import of India||Tides and Oceanic Currents|
|Agricultural and Industries||Trading and Transportation routes of India|
|Rocks||Atmosphere and its pressure|
|Type of climate||Regional geography of India|
|Earth, its origin, and movement ( longitude and latitudes )|
|Democracy in India||From the very beginning|
|Five-year plan of India||Renaissance and discovery|
|Nationalism in India||Role of Government at every level|
|Revolution (French, Russian and industrial )||Concept of one world and United Nations|
|Indian History||India’s Constitution and Administration|
|Current affairs||Indian as well as outside India|
|Indian or non-Indian Personalities related to sports and cultural activates.|
Mathematics section will be of 300 marks and General Ability Test will comprise of 600 marks, 200 marks for English section and 400 for general knowledge. Candidates to score more and to clear the exam to try to prepare in compliance with the NDA syllabus 2019. We wish a very good luck to every candidate. For further details regarding NDA 2019, stay connected with our articles.