Table of Content
NDA 2017 Exam which is also known as the National Defence Academy Exam has been scheduled for the month of April and September 2017. The NDA (I) exam will be conducted on the 3rd week of April 2017 and the NDA (II) will be conducted in the 3rd week of September 2017. The exam is conducted by the UPSC as a national level entrance exam for the selection of officers in Indian Defence forces. All the detailed information about the NDA 2017 Exam, its eligibility criteria, posts involved, application form procedure, exam pattern, admit card and result have been provided below.
NDA 2017 Exam – About the Exam
Name of the exam: NDA 2017 Exam
Also known as: National Defence Academy 2017 Exam
Organizing authority: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Type of exam: National Level entrance exam
NDA 2017 Exam Dates
|Date of Notification||3rd week of June 2017|
|Last date for filling application form||3rd week of July 2017|
|NDA/NA 2nd Exam Date||3rd week of September 2017|
NDA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of an exam are some necessary conditions and norms of the exam that are required to be followed by the candidates. Aspirants of the exam must fulfil the conditions set for the exam by the conducting authority. It is advised that before applying for the exam, candidates must check themselves with the eligibility conditions as imposed by the authorities. If the candidate is ineligible, he/she should not apply for the exam. the eligibility conditions for the NDA 2017 Exam has been given below.
- The nationality of the candidates must be Indian/subject of Bhutan/subject of Nepal/Tibetan refugee.
- Candidates appearing for the Indian army wing of NDA must have passed the 12th class qualifying exam from a recognised board of education.
- Candidates appearing for the Air force and Indian navy must have passed the 12th class qualifying exam from a recognised board of education with physics and mathematics.
- For the NDA (I) exam, the candidates must not be born before the date 2nd July 1998 and not after 1st July 2002.
- For the NDA (II) exam, the candidates must not be born before 2nd January 1999 and not after 1st July 2002.
- Aspirants of this exam must be unmarried only.
NDA 2017 Selection Procedure
For the selection process, the first step is the NDA 2017 Exam which is a written exam. On the basis of performance of the candidates in the written test, they shall be called for the SSB interview which is generally carried out for 4-5 days. In the basis of the interview, a merit list is prepared. Final selections are done through the medical test and the verification of documents.
NDA 2017 Application Form
For taking part in the entrance exam, the application form needs to be submitted to the UPSC. The application form for the NDA 2017 Exam is to be filled online before the last date. The candidates can find the link to apply for the exam below. In addition to that, the procedure to apply for the exam has also been given below. Candidates must go through these steps before they start applying for the exam.
The candidates must fill the online application form of the exam and pay the exam fee by the online mode. The complete instruction for filling the form will be available on the link mentioned above. Candidates will be required to enter the choice of exam centre. This must be filled with care by the candidates. Other details will be shown on the official site.
NDA 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of an exam refers to the basic details of the question paper. This includes the things like the number of questions in the paper, the type of questions, the time allotted for the exam paper, the marking scheme adopted for the paper etc. These details are important and must be known by the candidates before they start preparing for the exam. The exam pattern for the NDA 2017 Exam has been given below.
- The NDA exam will consist of 2 papers namely Mathematics and General Ability test.
- For the mathematics paper, the total marks for the paper will be 300 marks.
- The type of questions asked in this paper will be multiple choice type questions.
- The total time allowed to complete the paper will be 2 ½ hours.
- The questions asked in this paper will be based on the syllabus of class 10th and 11th.
- For the general ability paper, two sections will be included in the paper i.e. section A and section B.
- The section A consists of English subject with maximum 200 marks.
- The section B consists of General knowledge subject with maximum 400 marks.
NDA 2017 Admit Card
The admit card of the NDA 2017 Exam will be released a few weeks before the exam. The admit card is a very important document which is required at the time of written test. Candidates must download the admit card from the official website of the UPSC, where it will be made available. Please note that if a candidate fails to present the admit card at the exam hall, then he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the written exam and hence the selection process.
NDA 2017 Exam Results
The result for the NDA 2017 Exam will be declared after around 1 month of the exam. The result will also be posted on the official website. Candidates will be able to check their results by entering their registration details on the official site of UPSC. The link to check the result will also be posted here when it will be available. According to the result of the written exam, the SSB interviews will be conducted which will form the basis of the final selection of the candidates.
Link to apply for the exam:
Other Recruitment Exams in India
|SSC CGL Tier 1 2016||CG TET 2016|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 2016||HTET 2016|
|SSC CHSL 2016||HP TET 2016|
|SSC Constable GD 2016||KARTET 2016|
|SSC JE 2016||Kerala TET 2016|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2016||Maharashtra TET 2016|
|SSC MTS 2016||Tamil Nadu TET 2016|
|SSC Stenographer 2016||UP TET 2016|
|IBPS Clerk 2016||WB SET 2016|
|IBPS PO 2016||Punjab TET 2016|
|IBPS SO 2016||OTET 2016|
|IBPS RRB 2016||UPSC IAS 2016|
|RBI Grade B Officer 2016||UPSC CAPF 2016|
|RBI Assistant 2016||UPSC IFS 2016|
|SBI SO 2016||IES/ ISS 2016|
|SBI PO 2016||NDA 2016|
|SBI Clerk 2016||CDS 1 2016|
|SBI Associate Banks 2016||CDS 2 2016|
|CBSE NET 2016||Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2016|
|CSIR UGC NET 2016||SCRA 2016|