The National Aptitude Test in Architecture popularly called as NATA 2017 is a national level architecture exam. It is conducted to offer admission in B.Arch course in a number of institutes in India. The NATA is organized by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA) which is a body of Council of Architecture, New Delhi in India. The test measures your drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study i.e. Architecture. NATA 2017 exam shall be held from April to August 2017.
NATA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
You need to ensure that you go through the NATA 2017 exam eligibility norms before applying to avoid misunderstandings!
- You need to have cleared SSC (10th) or equivalent exam in order to apply for the examination.
- You also need to have completed HSC Exam or its equivalent exam and qualified in NATA test from a recognized university in order to apply for the examination.
- You need to have a minimum of 50% total marks secured in exam with Mathematics as a subject in exam.
- If you have completed 10+3 diploma (any stream) from Central/ State Government with a total of 50% you can apply for the examination.
NATA 2017 Application Form
After you get to know if you are eligible or not its better to apply faster than later. You can successfully apply by following the enlisted steps.
Step 1: Application form will be available on the official website which is www.nata.in for interested individuals.
Step 2: You will need to click on register button to continue.
Step 3: You will have to fill your name, email ID, mobile number to register.
Step 4: You will then receive an email of confirmation and are required to login and fill in your personal, qualification and other details as per the requirement in the form.
Step 5: You will then have to pay the application fees either online or offline.
For any information about application form you can visit NATA exam official website as mentioned above
NATA 2017 Application fees
As mentioned above you can fill the NATA 2017 Registration Form and submit it online at website www.nata.in by paying fees of Rs. 1250.00 (approx.) either through credit card / debit card / net banking or via the generation of the challan for depositing the payment through cash in any of the branches of the ICICI Bank all over India.
You will also be required to pay additional charges as “processing charges” for the following: –
- Domestic Credit Card:- 1.25% of the NATA Fee plus service tax as applicable
- Domestic Debit Card: – 0.75% of the NATA Fees plus service tax as applicable
- Domestic Multiple Bank Net Banking Payment Gateway: – Rs.15 per transaction
- Collection through PAN India ICICI Branches in cash (through challan):- Rs.30 per transaction
- For International Credit Card / Debit Card the charges may apply as per the policy of the Bank
NATA 2017 Syllabus
Knowing the syllabus gives you an edge over the other candidates and also is an important factor to account for. You can view the syllabus below:
You will have to attempt 3 questions.
The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects –
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test:
This is computer based test of one hour where you will have to answer 40 multiple choice questions. The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of –
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning.
- Mental Ability.
- Imaginative comprehension and expression.
NATA 2017 Number of Attempts Allowed:
As a good news for most there is no limitation of number of attempts for the exam. Procedure will be same for them for repeat exam.
NATA 2017 Result/Score:
The Score Card will be released four days after the NATA 2017 exam.
NATA 2015 Counselling:
On the basis of your scores of NATA 2017 you are required to apply to the individual colleges, universities as per your admission notifications.
For the Final and most important question.When are the exam dates!
NATA 2017 Exam Dates
|Registration start||2nd January 2017
|Last date for registration||11th February 2017 (Extended)
|Image uploads allowed till||12th February 2017 (Extended)
|Fee payment allowed till||13th February 2017 (Extended)
|Confirmation page printing available till||28th February 2017 (11:59 PM)|
|Correction window (based on council feedback & self induced errors)||20th Feb (10:30 AM) to 24th Feb (11:59 PM)|
|Admit card download||26th March 2017|
|Offline exam date||16th April 2017 (11 AM to 2 PM)
|Result announce||By 10th June 2017|
Other UG National Level Engineering Entrance Exams 2017
|AEEE 2017||JEE Main 2017|
|ATIT 2017||MUOET 2017|
|BITSAT 2017||NATA 2017|
|Chandigarh Admission 2017||Symbiosis SET 2017|
|IIIT Hyderabad 2017||Thapar 2017|
|IISER Admissions 2017||VITEEE 2017|
|JEE Advanced 2017|