The NATA 2018 Exam Pattern contains the details about the period of the exam, category of questions, program of study, marks allotted and number of questions in the entrance exam. Applicants interested can fill the application form till August, 2018. NATA is an all India level exam and conducted for the admission of qualified candidates into undergraduate course of Architecture in various affiliated colleges of India. The exam will be held on 29th April 2018. The lat date for online application of the exam has been extended till 30th March 2018. The candidates willing to apply for the exam have some more days to apply. The NATA 2018 exam pattern helps the applicants to plan prepare well in advance before appearing for the exam. The paper checks the aptitude of candidate in two sections i.e. Computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test and a paper based drawing test. The exam pattern of NATA 2018 is broken down into point below.
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The test is divided into two parts:
- Drawing Test
- Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
Applicant has to attempt three questions and the duration of the test is 120 minutes.
The drawing aptitude of judged on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
The test consists of 40 multiple choice objective type questions.
It is a computer based test and the duration of the exam is one hour.
No marks will be deducted for any wrong answer.
The test is conducted to check applicant’s perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and it comprises of –
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning.
- Mental Ability.
- Imaginative comprehension and expression.
- Architectural awareness.