NATA 2018 – National Aptitude Test in Architecture is a national level aptitude test conducted by Council of Architecture (COA) for admission into the architecture programme all over the country. The NATA 2018 Examination provides admission into 5 years of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) programme.
The Registration process for NATA 2018 will tentatively start from the 1st week of January 2018. Complete information about NATA 2018 including Registration, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc is provided below.
NATA 2018 Exam Dates
The following are the Important Dates of NATA 2018:
|Commencement of Online Registration||1st week of January 2018|
|Last Date for Online Registration||1st week of February 2018|
|Documents Uploading Last Date||1st week of February 2018|
|Last Date for Fees payment||1st week of February 2018|
|Printout Page Available||Last week of February 2018|
|Date for Correction in Application form||3rd week of February 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||4th week of March 2018|
|Date of Examination||3rd week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2018|
NATA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The NATA Eligibility Criteria 2018 should be checked by the candidates for appearing the Examination which is provided below:
- Minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years as on 31st July 2018.
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2, International Baccalaureate Diploma or 10+2 (any stream) after 10 years of Schooling with mathematics as one of the subjects.
- The candidates currently appearing for the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
NATA 2018 Registration
- The Registration for NATA 2018 will tentatively start the 1st week of January 2018 via Online mode through the official website.
- Candidates have to fill the NATA Applicatiom Form by entering their personal & educational details.
- Scanned images, i.e. Left and thumb impression, Passport size photograph, & own signature are to be uploaded while the Registration from.
- It is suggested that candidates should take a printout of the application form after payment of fees for further use.
- If candidates make any error in the application form, the correction window for changing the details will be opened in the 3rd week of February 2018.
- The registration fee for NATA 2018 is Rs. 1250 for all category candidates.
- Payment of Registration form fees can be done through online or offline mode by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking & E-challan.
- Candidates who wish to Opt Dubai city for the exam have to pay a fee of INR 7000 prior to the issue of admit card.
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
The NATA Exam Pattern 2018 is provided below:
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Type of Question||Multiple choices|
|No. of Question||60 questions|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
|Subjects||Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude|
|Marking Scheme||2 Marks per correct Answer|
|Negative Marking||No Mark Deduction|
The table below shows details about Subjects and marks allotment:
|PART A (90 minutes)|
|PART B (90 minutes)|
|Drawing Two sets in A4 size paper||80|
NATA 2018 Syllabus
The NATA Syllabus 2018 comprises of three sections which include General Aptitude, Mathematics & Drawing.
General awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations, Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Objects, textures related to architecture & built environment, Analytical reasoning, visualising three-dimensional objects from a two-dimensional drawing, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), Mathematical reasoning and sets & relations, Visualising different sides of 3D objects.
Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, Logarithms, Matrices, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate Geometry, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus.
Conceptualization and visualisation through structuring objects in memory, Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract, Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast, Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes, Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, sketching of urban scape and landscape, Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
NATA 2018 Admit Card
- The NATA Admit Card 2018 will tentatively be available from the 4th week of March 2018 on the official website of NATA via Online Mode.
- Candidates have to download the Admit Card from the website and take a printout of the same for further use.
- The Admit Card will contain details such as Name of the candidate, Roll number, Venue, Date & Time of the exam, etc.
- Candidates have to compulsorily carry Admit Card along with one photo ID proof at the time of examination.
How to prepare for NATA 2018
- Firstly, Candidates must acquire all the relevant study material as per Syllabus for starting the preparation.
- Make a proper timetable and schedule time for each subject.
- Practice previous year Question paper and give Mock Tests, it will help you to know your preparations for examination.
- Lastly, candidates should stay stress-free, relaxed and be healthy.
NATA 2018 Result
The NATA Result 2018 will be declared tentatively in the 2nd week of June 2018 after a few weeks of the examination. Candidates can check their results through online mode from the official website. It is advised that candidates take a printout of their result for further admission procedure.
NATA 2018 Admission Procedure
The NATA Counselling 2018 will be conducted individually by the participating Institutions. Counselling process will start after the result is published on the official website of NATA. Candidates can get admission into B.Arch courses in various University & Institutions on the basis of the NATA Score card. The Score Card of NATA will be valid only for the academic year 2018-2019.
For any doubts or quiries regarding Nata 2018 drop down a comment below.
List of Engineering Entrance Exam in India