MU OET 2018 Exam is set to be conducted in the 2nd week of April 2018. For this, the application form has started from 17th October 2017 for the entrance exam for B.Tech (Engineering).
Manipal University is one of the leading institutes of education in the Indian context, for both, undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) courses. Applicants may apply online only to the Manipal University for the M.Tech Courses during the MU OET Exam. Applicants paying by Demand Draft (DD) will have to send the printout of their application form to the academy.
Manipal University is tantamount to excellence in higher education. Over 28,000 pupils from 57 different nations live and learn in the sprawling ‘University town’, nestled on a plateau in Karnataka’s Udupi district. It also has nearly 2500 faculty and almost 10000 other support and service staff, who provide to the various professional institutions in health sciences, engineering, management, communication and humanities which dot the Wi-Fi-enabled campus.
The University has off-campuses in Mangalore and Bangalore, and off-shore campuses in Dubai (UAE) and Melaka (Malaysia).
Every institute has world class facilities and pedagogy, which are constantly reviewed and upgraded to reflect the latest trends and developments in higher education.
Aspirants must appear for the MU OET exam if they wish to gain entry to the M.Tech program at the Manipal University. GATE qualified aspirants will be given extra marks during the preparation of the MU OET Merit List.
|MU OET 2018 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Manipal University Online Entrance Test Post Graduate|
|Commonly known as||MU OET|
|Exam level||University Level|
|Conducting Authority||Manipal University|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
MU OET 2018 Exam Dates
|Online application form starts||17th October 2017|
|Last date to submit application form||11th March 2018|
|Slot Booking Starts||3rd week to last week of March 2018|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of April 2018|
|Result declaration||3rd week of May 2018|
|Counselling Starts||1st week of June 2018|
|Application Last Date|
|B.Arch||31st May 2018|
|M.Tech||15th May 2018|
|B.Tech (LE)||8th May 2018|
|B.Com/BA (Media & Communication)/BHM/BBA/B.Sc||21st March 2018|
|B.Sc Nursing/BPT/BOT||30th May 2018|
|BA (Humanities)/MA||2nd May 2018|
|MBA||11th June 2018|
MU OET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The above dates are declared and have been updated with its official portal reference. Keep visiting our website in order to get any new updates regarding the same.
- Aspirants need have passed the BE/BTech or AMIE or an equal exam in the respective discipline with a minimum score of 50% marks.
- Only Indian citizens are able to apply for admissions in the general category.
- It is necessary for the aspirant to pass B.E./B.Tech course from a recognised university.
- Aspirants must possess passing certificate or degree at the time of applying and counselling.
MU OET 2018 Application Form
The Application Fees of Rs 1600/- is bifurcated as follows Rs 600 for the Application Form and Rs 1000 for MU OET Exam
- The Online application procedure is the only way to apply for the exam.
- Aspirant should fill the complete application form as per exact instructions
Filling the MU-OET Online Application Form:
- Aspirants have to enter their Personal information, Course and Category and place.
- The Application No to be used as login and a secret word will be emailed to the registered Email ID.
- Aspirant will have to verify the Personal information and continue to expense.
- After payment, the phone details have to be filled in followed by an Educational diploma and proof of the MU OET. Application Form
- Aspirants will be necessary to upload their snap and signature in JPEG or GIF Formats or email them to email@example.com in the specified size
- In the case of a sum by DD: Aspirants have to enter the DD information like Date, Branch, DD figure etc.
- They have to send the printout of the MU OET Application Form along with the DD to the college.
Important: Aspirants with suitable GATE scores must enclose their GATE score Card along with the application form to gain the 10% extra marks awarded for the MU OET. Merit Rank.
- Application Fees can be paid via DD in favour of Manipal University payable at Manipal or Udupi or Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking.
- Aspirants paying the application fees via DD will have to send the printout of their application form to the university along with the DD.
MU OET 2018 Admit Card
- Admit Card will be available one month before the exam.
- Candidates are required to print two copies and carry them to the exam hall along with a copy of their application form and a valid photo ID.
- Candidates can book their online slot between 3rd week of May 2018 until the last week of May 2018.
- The system will generate it immediately after booking a slot.
- On the examination day, the candidates must carry a copy of their application confirmation page, valid photo ID, and the MU OET, admit card 2018.
MU OET 2018 Exam Pattern
- The test paper has to be completed in a span of 1.hour and 30 minutes.
- The MU OET Exam will be online with a single question paper consisting of 60 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of the objective sort.The MCQ format may either be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement with four given responses labelled A, B, C, and D.
- Aspirants have to choose the correct response for the given choices
- For every correct answer, the aspirant will be awarded 4 marks while a wrong answer will have one mark taken away from the total score
- 50 Questions will be asked from the engineering discipline chosen by the aspirant and 10 questions from Engineering/ Mathematics
- All questions will be in English.
Rough Work: All rough work should be done in the paper/s supplied in the Test Centre. No extra paper/s should be taken beforehand to the test hall for this purpose.
Aspirants have to choose one of the following nine disciplines for the MU OET exam as per their qualifying degree:
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Chemical Engineering (CH)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electronics& Communication Engineering (EC)
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering (IC)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Printing and Media Technology (PT)
MU OET 2018 Result
Manipal University will announce the MU OET 2018 result in the 3rd week of May 2018.
GATE aspirants will be given extra marks based on their GATE scores.
MU OET 2018 Counselling
- The MU OET 2018 Counselling venue is to be selected during the slot booking itself
- Aspirants have to personally participate during the Counselling Schedule of the MU OET based on the MU OET. Rank.
- Aspirants have to fill the Registration Form at the counter and can participate in the MU OET. Counselling after their biometric and document verification.
- Candidates going to be allotted a seat but wish to be waitlisted for another course can take the admissions for the seat and in parallel apply to be ‘waitlisted’.
manipal.edu, Manipal 576104, Karnataka, India
Tel: +91 9243777733