MU OET 2018 Counselling will commence in the 1st week of June 2018. Manipal University may have seven rounds of counselling, including one intra-institute sliding and one spot round.
The first round, intra-institute sliding, and spot round are physical rounds whereas rest of the rounds are online. Depending on the vacancy, an additional round of counselling may be conducted.
Candidates who will qualify for the MU OET 2018 can appear for the Counselling and Seat Allotment round on the basis of their MU OET 2018 Merit Rank. Check the following article for detailed information regarding the process of Counselling for MU OET 2018.
|MU OET 2018 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Manipal University Online Entrance Test Post Graduate|
|Commonly known as||MU OET|
|Exam level||University Level|
|Conducting Authority||Manipal University|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
MU OET Counselling 2018 Important Dates
|MU OET 2018 Result||3rd week of May 2018|
|MU OET 2018 Counselling (Round I)||1st week of June 2018|
|MU OET 2018 Commencement of B.Tech Programmes||2nd week of July 2018|
MU OET 2018 Counselling Procedure
Here we have mentioned the detailed counselling process:
- Students are needed to be present physically in the counselling process.
- Candidates have to fill the registration forms available at the registration counter.
- According to the rank secured in MU OET 2018, candidates will be called for the document verification process.
- Candidates are needed to pay the fee through demand draft drawn in favour of “Manipal University” payable at Manipal or Udupi.
- Students are allowed to choose any seat available during their turn.
- After seat allotment, allotment order & receipts for the fee payment will be given to candidates.
- To complete admission, candidates have to report to the allotted college on or before the reporting time and date schedule.
Documents Required for MU OET 2018 Counselling
Students are needed to bring the following documents in original along with their photocopies. The list of required documents is given here:
- MU OET 2018 hall ticket
- 10th& 12th class mark sheet
- Character certificate
- Transfer certificate or School/College Leaving Certificate
- Demand draft
- 4 recent passport size photograph and one stamp size photograph
Important guidelines before attending MU OET 2018 Counselling
- Candidate must be present physically
- Candidates must send another individual along with the authorization letter if they are unable to attend physically on the day of MU OET Counselling 2018
- Only the candidate/representative will be allowed to enter the counselling hall.
- Candidates must fill up the registration form.
- For the document, verification candidates will be called in the manner of their MU OET 2018 Merit List rank.
- The original documents are to be submitted on the day of orientation.
- Selected students will be allotted seats in order of their rank and seat availability.
- Candidates will be disqualified if they are not present on the particular date and time.
- The course cannot be changed or modified.
Steps of MU OET 2018 Counselling
- First Round –Physical Round
- Filling the Registration form for MU OET 2018 Counselling
- MU OET 2018 Counselling Registration fee
- Document Verification
- Seat Allotment
- WaitlistSecond, Third and Fourth Round of Seat Allotment Online
- Filling/Altering their filled Choices:
- Fifth round of Counselling
- Candidates who have not registered in any of the previous rounds, i.e. they are participating in the counselling for the first time.
- Candidates who have already taken their seat and wish to participate in this round will be able to modify their choices.
- Candidates who have registered and are not allotted any seat until the fourth round of Counselling.
Procedure of MU OET 2018 Counselling
To participate in the counselling session, the applicants will have to successfully register themselves in offline mode. The applicants will have to access the registration form from the counter at the counselling venue. Filling of the registration form has to be done by the applicants. While registering themselves, the applicants will be required to submit their preferred choices of college and courses. Allotment of seats will be done based on their selection.
Payment of Counselling Registration Fee
The applicants will have to pay both the registration and course fees while applying for the MU OET counselling 2018. Mode of payment is offline i.e., through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of Manipal University payable at Manipal or Udupi. No other mode of payment of course fees will be accepted.
MU OET Counselling Fees
|S.No||Category||Amount (in Rs.)|
|1||Registration Fees||Rs. 11000|
|2||Course Fees||Rs. 2,59,000|
Allotment of Seats
The eligible applicants will be allotted seats as per their ranking on the merit list. The preference of seats and availability of seats will also be a major factor for allotment. The list of the allotted applicants will be made available in online mode. The applicants will have to report at their allotted institute for confirmation of admission.
MU OET Waiting List 2018
The waitlist option will be open for those applicants who have been allotted a seat and wish to participate in the second round of counselling and who have already registered but were not allotted any seat in the first round.
The non-allotted applicants will be required to pay the registration fees. The waitlist form will have to be filled in by all of the applicants. If these applicants are allotted seats later on, then the registration fees will be adjusted during the admission. For more details, read MU OET Wait List 2018.
Participating institutes in the MU OET 2018 Counselling:
- Manipal University – Manipal Institute of Technology
- Sikkim Manipal University – Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology
- Manipal University Jaipur