The MHT CET 2017 for Engineering commonly known as Maharashtra Technology Common Entrance Test is a state level exam. As you may know that this exam was conducted for the admission of candidates in various Engineering Colleges in the state of Maharashtra. You should know that the JEE Main was replaced by MH CET and from 2017 the admission to various engineering colleges will be done through CET marks scored by the applicants in the exam. The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra is going to conduct the every year the MT CET entrance exam. All those who are interested will be able to fill the application form from official website as soon as the schedule of the exam is declared. In order to apply you need to be a citizen of India. The structure of the exam pattern will help you to prepare and plan well in advance before appearing for the examination.
MHT CET 2017 Engineering Eligibility Criteria
Those of you who are interested ought to satisfy the conditions laid down below by the conducting authority in order to be eligible. The MHT CET 2017 Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below:
- If you desire to apply you need to have completed your Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 or its equivalent exam from a recognized Board in order to be eligible.
- You need to be a citizen of India to be eligible for the examination.
- Those of you who have secured an aggregate of 50% of marks in their qualifying examination for general category and 40% of marks in case of SC/ ST/ PH applicants.
- You need to be at least 17 years of age in order to apply.
- You need to have taken Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology as their subjects.
MHT CET 2017 Engineering Application Form
Those of you who have satisfied the eligibility criteria can only apply for the examination. Steps to apply for MHT CET 2017 Application Form are as below:
- You will have to fill the application form online on the website dte.org.in
- You will have to collect the Application Kit from the Junior College as described above as per schedule.
- You then have to click on “Apply Online” and log in using Application Kit Number & Password provided in the Application Kit.
- You will need to fill in your personal, qualification, contact and other details as mentioned in the application form and save it.
- After filling the form you will need to upload your recent scanned passport size photograph and signature and confirm the Online Application Form by clicking “Confirm Application From” button.
- You have to take two printout of the application form duly signed by the parents and submit it to your respective college/ school.
MHT CET 2017 Engineering Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern helps you prepare for the exam better. The details of the MHT CET 2017 Exam Pattern are enlisted below.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- The paper comprises of 200 multiple choice objective type questions.
- No marks will be deducted for any incorrect answer and 1 mark will be added for each correct answer.
- The structure of for MT CET is as follows:
|Physics and Chemistry||50+50 = 100 marks||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Mathematics||100 marks||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Total||200 marks||3 hours|
MHT CET 2017 Engineering Exam Dates
|MHT CET Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online Registration & filling of Application Form||First week of March, 2017|
|Schedule for Fee Acceptance at SBI Bank, through Computer Generated Challan||First week of March, 2017|
|Issue of Admit Cards (Online)||Last week of April, 2017|
|MHT CET 2017 Date of Examination||11th May, 2017|
|Centre of examination||As indicated in Admit Card|
|Period for submission of certificates/documents which will be asked by the notification to be published by on the website||2nd week of May, 2017|
|Online display of Question Paper Booklets of each version on website||3rd week of May, 2017|
|Online Display of Provisional Keys of each version on website||3rd week of May, 2017|
|OMR Answer Sheets will be available on website||Last week of May, 2017|
|Last date of Online submission of objections on Question Paper/Answer Key/Typographic errors||Last week of May, 2017|
|Declaration of Provisional MHT CET 2017 Result/Marks||First week of June, 2017|
|Last Date of Submission of Application form for Verification of Marks at office of the Divisional authority with prescribed fee (Place -Mumbai, Pune, Miraj, Dhule, Aurangabad, Nanded, Nagpur & Akola)||within 4 days of declaration of result|
|Declaration of Merit List on or before||3rd week of June, 2017|
|Downloading of Marksheet from website||3rd week of June, 2017|
MHT CET 2017 Engineering Reservation of Seat
The reserved seats in MT CET 2017 are as below:
|Type of Institute||No. of Seats in %|
|Seats With Competent Authority||Seats With Other Authorities|
|For Maharashtra Candidates||All India Seats||Institution Level Seats||Minority community/groupseats|
|HU Seats||OHU Seats|
|Autonomous Institutes(Government/ Government Aided)||100% (State Level Seats)||Nil||*||Nil|
|BATU||85% seats shall be considered as State level Seats.15% seats shall be reserved for candidates from District of Konkan Region viz. Thane, Raigad, Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg.All these seats shall be available only for Maharashtra state candidates.|
|University Managed Institutes||100% (State Level Seats)||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Autonomous Unaided Non Minority Institutes||100% State Level Seats||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Autonomous Unaided Non Minority Institutes||65%(State Level Seats)||15%||20%||Nil|
|Autonomous Unaided Minority Colleges||10% of M.S. Seats $(State Level Seats)||15% of seatsComing under CAP||Maximum20%£||Minimum51%**|
|Non AutonomousUnaided MinorityColleges||70 % ofM.S. Seats$||30 % ofM.S. Seats$|
|Non AutonomousGovernment,Government AidedInstitutes &
|Non AutonomousUnaided Non– Minority Colleges||70 % of(65 % seats of SI)||30 % of(65 % seats of SI)||15 %||20 %||Nil|
|ICT, Mumbai||70%(State Level Seats)||30%||Nil||Nil|
Note – All of the above information are tentative. We would recommend you to wait for the official notification for MHT CET Engineering Exam details. Stay connected with us for more updates.
Other UG State Level Engineering Entrance Exams
|Assam CEE 2017||GCET 2017|
|Bihar CET 2017||GUJCET 2017|
|CG PET 2017||Haryana Admission 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017||JCECE 2017|
|EAMCET 2017||KCET 2017|