Table of Content
Admissions is one of the most important step in a student’s career. Here in this article we would guide you with all important details about MGM Institute of Health Sciences B.Sc Nursing and BPT Admissions 2017 such as its exam dates, application form and various other important notifications.
MHMIHS (MGM Institute of Health Sciences) was founded in the year 1956 under UGC Act and is recognized by NAAC. Mahatma Gandhi Mission Trust along with a chain of several other colleges spread around the country runs this institute and provides quality education in multiple streams such as Medical, Engineering, Nursing, Science, Management, Journalism and Fine Arts. MGM School of Physiotherapy was founded in the year 2008 when its first batch of students were admitted into BPT program.
The following UG level courses are offered by the university:
- B.Sc. Nursing – (4 years)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.P.T.) – (4½ years)
- Post-Basic (PB) B.Sc. Nursing – (2 years)
MGM Institute of Health Sciences B.Sc Nursing and BPT Admissions 2017 Important Dates
|Registration||01st May – 15th Jul , 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination (BPT)||30th Jul, 2017|
MGM Institute of Health Sciences B.Sc Nursing and BPT Admissions 2017 Eligibility Criteria
B.Sc. Nursing – (50 seats in MGM College, Navi Mumbai):
- You need to have cleared class 12th exam with science (PSB) and English Core / English Elective with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks from a board recognized under CBSE/AISSCE/SSCE/ICSE/HSCE or equivalent (OR)
You need to have cleared class 12th exam in science subjects with a minimum of 45% marks by NIOS (National Institute of Open School)
- 5% relaxations in the minimum required aggregate is granted for those who belong to ST/SC category.
- You need to be at least 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing – (30 seats in MGM College, Navi Mumbai):
- You need to have cleared higher secondary/ senior secondary/intermediate/10+2/equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- You need to register as R.N.R.M with the State Nurses Registration Council in case of G.N.M (General Nursing and Midwifery)
- Foreign nursing which is recognized from Indian Nursing Council would be considered equivalent in case of G.N.M. from foreign countries.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy(BPT)
- You need to pass an exam which is organized by Councils/Boards/Intermediate founded by state government/central government and 2 years recognized pre-university exam by Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Health Science with Physics, English, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% marks.
- You also need to have cleared Common Entrance Test conducted by MGMIHS with at least 50% marks.
- You also need to possess a certificate of Medical fitness from an authorized medical officer.
How to Apply for MGM Institute of Health Sciences B.Sc Nursing and BPT Admissions 2017
- Firstly you would have to visit the official website of the university and register yourself by filling up the online application form.
- Along with the completely filled up applications, you need to submit the application fee along with an amount of Rs 500/- by Demand Draft in favour of ‘MGM Institute of Health Science’ and payable at Mumbai. If you are late by a week then you would have to submit the application form along with late fee od Rs 1500/-.
- During the time of admission, you would have to submit the original supporting document along with 2 sets of attested photocopies of the enclosures.
- Completely filled up application forms along with the application fee and documents need to be sent to the following postal address:
The Registrar, MGM-CET-(Nursing)
MGM Institute of Health Sciences
Post Box-06, MGM Educational Complex
Sector 1, Kamothe, 410209.
- S.S.C Statement of Marks
- H.S.C Statement of Marks
- S.S.C. passing Certificate
- H.S.C. passing Certificate
- College Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Nationality Certificate / Domicile Certificate
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
- Migration Certificate (If applicable)
- Physical fitness certificate