NEET To Be Conducted Twice A Year In February & May From 2019 – In November 2017, it was approved by the Union Cabinet that the National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the competitive entrance exams, such as JEE Main, NEET, UGC NET, CMET, and GMET for higher educational institutions. From 2019 on wards, NTA will be an autonomous and sole premier testing organization for these exams. There are certain changes made in the conduct of the competitive examinations which we have mentioned below in the article. Through using the services of experts, researchers, education specialists, and test item writers, NTA will focus more on research and scientific test design to bring qualitative difference in the process of conduct of these exams. NEET aspirants must note that there is no change in the syllabus and exam pattern for the exam. Also, there is no increase in the application fee of the exam.
From 2019 onwards, NTA will conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) twice in a year, i.e. in February and May to offer admissions to various medical courses into various Indian Medical colleges. Candidates must note that the exam will be conducted on international level, and thus there will be no chances of leak of any paper. Below you can go through other changes made and tentative schedule of NEET 2019.
- To give chance to the candidates, NEET (under graduate medical exam) will be conducted twice in year.
- NTA will conduct the both exams using psychometric methods, standardization techniques, and other best techniques to equate the scores for admissions. This will lead to less stress among the students, and decrease in pressure which develops due to single conduct of exam.
- Aspirants must note that it is not necessary to sit in both the exams. If any candidate has missed the dates for first exam or have not cracked the first exam, they can register themselves for the second exam.
- NEET will be purely a computer based test from now onwards.
- Applicants will also be able to choose dates for the exam as per their convenience and preference as there will be multiple sittings for this medical entrance test.
- Using standardization techniques, the scores secured by the candidates in multiple sittings will be equated by NTA.
- To ensure delivery of exam in described test time, and to ensure no malpractices and leakage of the paper, NTA will use highly secured IT software and encryption.
- 4 months before the conduct of exam, candidates from rural areas will be able to practice at the computer centres to be established by NTA.
- Any student will be able to use the facility free of any charge on Saturdays and Sundays at the identified practice centres.
Online submissions of NEET 2019 for the month of February 2019 will begin on 1st October 2018 to 31st October 2018. Entrance exam of NEET 2019, February is scheduled from 3rd February to 17th February 2019. Result for the same will be released in 1st week of March 2019, tentatively.
For NEET 2019 May exam, the applications will begin in 2nd week of March 2019, tentatively. NEET 2019 May exam is expected to be conducted in between of 12th May 2019 to 26th May 2019. Result for the same will be declared in 1st week of June 2019, tentatively.
Candidates must know that both the exams will be conducted in 8 different sittings and the candidates will be able to choose any one slot as per their convenience and preference. These schedules are tentative; as soon as the actual schedules for conduct of NEET 2019 are released we will update it here.
As discussed above, the NEET aspirants will get a chance to sit in the exam twice a year. In case the first exam in missed, there is no need to lose your hearts as you’ll have another chance to appear for the exam. We hope that these changes will bring colors of joy for NEET aspirants. In case of any new update we will post it here on this page for reference of all the NEET aspirants. Wishing you all the best for your future.