NEET Result 2019 for UG entrance exams has been declared on 5th June 2019 on the official website i.e. http://ntaneet.nic.in/NTANEET/result/Result.htm. This year the NEET exam was conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Earlier, NTA had made a shocking announcement of conducting the NEET 2019 once in a year which was proposed to be held twice a year earlier. It is mainly organized for the students who aspire to take admission in the medical programmes of BDS and MBBS. NEET 2019 is basically the national level test that will be held on 5th May 2019. The result for NEET exam 2019 was scheduled to be declared on 5th June 2019 and NTA met the deadline. The scorecard of NEET exam 2019 will be available on the website of NEET and the applicants need to download the same from there itself. Earlier, the NEET 2019 exam was proposed to be conducted online, but later on, NTA released one more press release stating that NEET 2019 will also be pen-paper based like previous years. They made this amendment taking into account the less familiarity of the students from the rural background with the online exam methods.
In this article, the candidates will be able to get the clarity on NEET result 2019, some important facts about the same, details mentioned in the scorecard, schedule for the result, the process to view the result online, merit list announcement, criteria of tie-breaking, qualifying criteria and cut off marks.
NEET Result 2019: Key Highlights
- All the applicants who will appear in NEET exam 2019 need to go to the website of NTA to get the glance of the result and also the merit list. Note that there is no offline mode to get the result and the scorecard of NEET exam 2019.
- The authority will not send the hard copy of the NEET Result 2019 to the communication address of the candidates.
- There is no provision of announcing the separate NEET result for the candidates who fall under the category of SC and ST. The rank list will be prepared by the NTA on the grounds of the total marks of the candidates in NEET exam 2019.
- After the release of NEET merit list, the applicants will be informed about the NEET counselling procedure.
- The minimum marks that will be needed to qualify for the NEET 2019 exam which is also called the cut-off marks will not be the same for all the categories. It will be 50% in case of General category and 40% in case of reserved category.
- The applicants will get the answer key for NEET exam 2019 online before the authority will announce the result so that they will be able to evaluate their rough score. With the help of the NEET answer key, the applicants will be able to evaluate their minimum marks in NEET exam 2019.
Important Dates of NEET Result 2019
Now the picture is clear that NEET 2019 will also be conducted only once in a year like previous years. The exam pattern will also remain the same i.e pen-paper based. Let’s have a quick glimpse of the dates to be memorized by the aspirants:
|Date of Result Announcement||5th June 2019(Declared)|
|NEET Counselling 2019||2nd Week of June 2019|
Declaration Schedule for NEET Result 2019
The authority or NTA will conduct the NEET exam 2019 through online mode on their official website. The NEET 2019 exam was held on 5th May 2019 complying with the pen-paper based method now. Now the NEET result 2019 has been announced on 5th June 2019. Now when the result of NEET 2019 has been published online, the process of counselling will be commenced from 2nd week of June 2019 tentatively.
How to Check the NEET Result 2019?
In order to check the result online, the applicants need to be updated with the schedule first and then go ahead to see the scorecard on the official website of NEET. The applicants need to follow the below-mentioned stepwise process to view the NEET result 2019:
- The candidates need to visit the official NEET website and click on the link for NEET result 2019.
- Once the applicants tap on the given link for the scorecard, the page will be displayed on the screen that will contain the link for the result for NEET 2019.
- The candidates are supposed to mention their roll number and date of birth in the given fields.
- They need to then tap on the tab of Submit.
- The candidates will now be able to see the NEET result 2019 on the display.
- The applicants will have to download the same and take the hard copy of the scorecard for any kind of further use.
Details in NEET Result 2019
The scorecard of the NEET result 2019 has been published by NTA on its website and the candidates can view the same by login into the web portal. Note that it is valid for one year only that means the scorecard of NEET 2019 will have the significance till the year 2020 only. The candidates will be able to find the below-given information on the NEET result 2019:
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Category and Sub-Category
- Candidate’s Roll Number
- Application Number
- Total score
- Marks obtained in Chemistry
- Marks attained in Biology
- Marks obtained in Physics
- Total attained Percentile
- Category rank in NEET 2019
- All India Rank in NEET 2019
- Qualifying Status of NEET exam 2019
- Cut-off marks for the process of NEET counselling under the All India Quota of 15%.
- All India Quota Rank in NEET 2019.
NEET Merit List 2019
The NEET merit list 2019 will be prepared by the NTA on the basis of the percentile that will be calculated as per the highest score attained by the applicants in the NEET 2019 exam. NTA is the leading authority to prepare the NEET merit list for 15% All India Quota. The applicants will be provided admission to various universities and colleges according to their ranking in the NEET merit list. Note that the authority will release the merit or rank list through online mode and the candidates need to go to the official web portal of NEET to view their ranking in the entrance exam. The link for the NEET merit list 2019 will be given there.
NEET Result 2019: Tie-Breaking Criteria
The authority takes the accountability of preparing the merit list for NEET 2019. However, if the applicants attain equal scores in NEET 2019 exam, the NTA will have to adopt the criteria of tie-breaking. In this method, the following considerations will be made and then the result will be decided:
- The authority will observe the marks in Biology subject in NEET exam and whoever is attained the higher will be considered.
- The candidates who will obtain the higher marks in the subject of Chemistry in NEET exam 2019 will be considered.
- The applicants who will attempt the least number of incorrect questions in every subject will be given the preference while calculating the NEET score for the merit list.
- In case the candidates attain equal marks in all the above-mentioned subjects, the tie-breaking method of age will be considered in which the candidates with more age will be given preference.
NEET Qualifying Marks Criteria 2019
Below is the table that contains the qualifying marks applicable for NEET examination 2019:
|Category||Qualifying Marks (From the total of 720)|
|OBC, SC &ST||288|
|General (UR) – PH||324|
|OBC, SC & ST – PH||288|
NEET Cut-off 2019
NEET Cut-off is basically the minimum marks that the applicants need to obtain in the entrance test in order to get admission to a wide range of medical colleges. There are various conditions on which the cut-off marks will be based and that include difficulty level of the NEET exam, total number of students that will appear in NEET 2019 etc. The authority will publish the list of NEET cut-off 2019 once the NEET result 2019 will be announced.
This is about the complete information of NEET result 2019. For any related query, simply connect with us.