NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019- National Testing Agency aka NTA has made amendments in their previous announcement of conducting NEET 2019 twice a year and decided to conduct it once in a year through offline mode. The NEET Exam will be organized on 5th May 2019 and application form for the same has been released on 1 November 2018. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is abbreviated as NEET and reckoned as the leading medical entrance exam in India. Every year, thousands of students appear in this exam. NTA instead of CBSE will be responsible to conduct NEET exam every year for all medical aspirants all over India from 2019 onwards. And NTA, the conductor of the NEET exam, recommended certain NEET eligibility criteria 2019 to be met by the students. So to take the admission in BDS and MBBS courses in any Government or private college, the student will have to comply with all the necessary things directed by NTA. The application process for NEET 2019 UG exam has begun on 1 November 2018 and will remain active till 30 November 2018. This article discourses about the eligibility criteria of NEET 2019.
Latest Update: NTA has released online mode application form for NEET 2019 exam on 1 November 2018 on its official website. Click the below-given link to fill up the online application form.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
The student will have to check the below mentioned NEET Eligibility criteria 2019:
|Educational Qualification||Class Intermediate Qualified from any recognized university|
|Age Limit (Minimum)||Seventeen (17) years|
|Age Limit (Maximum)||Twenty Five Years for Gen Students Thirty years for Reserved Students|
|Qualifying Marks||Gen 50%, SC, ST & OBC 40% and for PWD 45%|
|Maximum Attempts||9 (Gen Category) & 14 (Reserved Category)|
|Nationality||NRI, Indian Citizen, Foreign National, PIO and OCI|
Educational Qualification: NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
Students should know what is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for this national medical entrance examination? NTA has specified some guidelines in the official announcement regarding education eligibility criteria. Following are the mandatory qualifications mentioned here;
- Students who are going to appear class 12th exam in 2019 or who the result is awaited are eligible to fill up the NEET form. In case the student doesn’t qualify in the appearing/appeared exam with the mandatory percentage then his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- Students who have passed the SSC or the Indian School of Certification in their 12 years of study with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as their core subjects.
- Students who have qualified the 12th or Pre-degree exam in science only offered by Indian University or any Board with Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and
- Students who have passed the pre-medical exam with Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and English after finishing HSC or equivalent with practical tests and compulsory English.
- Students pursuing the 1st year in 3 years degree course from any known university with Chemistry Physics, and Biology and compulsory English.
- Students who have passed B.Sc. degree from the any known University of India with minimum 2 subjects from Chemistry, Physics, and Biology and passed successfully all earlier exams.
- Students passed an Intermediate exam from State level Open Schools or National Institute for Open School with Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and English as key subjects.
The student must be aged 17 years old at the time of admission on or before Thirty first (31st) in December of the year of admission. Maximum age for general category student is 25 years and 5 years relaxation for the reserved categories like SC, ST, OBC, and PwD.
|Category||Age Limit (Minimum)|
|General Students||17 years or Born on or before 1st January 2003|
|SC, ST and OBC Students||17 years or Born on or before 1st January 2003|
|Category||Age Limit (Maximum)|
|General Students||25 years or Born on or before 1st January 1994|
|SC, ST and OBC Students||25 years or Born on or before 1st January 1989|
Qualifying Marks for NEET 2019
- Students will have to score qualifying marks in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology individually.
- For general category students, they will have to score at least 50% aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology in class 12th exam
- For SC, ST and OBC category students, the minimum marks will be 40% in aggregate in the class 12th
- For PwD category students, 45% marks in case they belong to the general category and 40% marks in case of reserved categories across Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are required.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019: Category-wise
|Minimum Required Marks in Class 12 Exam||% Marks|
|SC, ST and OBC Student||40%|
|PH and PWD (Unreserved) Student||45%|
|PH and PWD (Reserved) Student||40%|
Number of Attempts:
Supreme Court has overruled the earlier decision of maximum 3 attempts in NEET exam. Now a student may appear as many times as he or she wants within the prescribed age limit.
|Student Category||Maximum Attempts|
|For General Students||9 times|
|For SC, ST and OBC Students||14 times|
Nationality Based Criteria:
- Indian Citizen, NRI, OCI and Person of Indian Origin and are eligible to appear in NEET exam 2019.
- A student in India needs to have an Aadhar card number while filling the application form and its submission. Registration form without the Aadhar number will be cancelled.
- In case of Mizoram, Assam and J&K Students, they will have to produce bank account number or any other government-issued ID.
- For OCI, NRI, PIO and Foreign Citizen, they will have to submit the valid passport number.
- Students from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 15% AIQ (All India Quota) as these states have opted out for this scheme. For those students who want to claim 15% from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and J&K need to submit a Self-Declaration form through online mode.
Now you must be aware of the NEET eligibility criteria 2019. Don’t hesitate in sharing your views in the comment section below.