NEET 2019– Application form of NEET 2019 exam has been started by NTA on its website on 1 November 2018, the candidates can fill the application form also on our separate page for application form. One and a half month after the declaration of NEET twice in a year, National Testing Agency has now rolled back and decided to conduct NEET 2019 once in a year only. As per the new schedule, the window for accepting the NEET Application Form 2019 will remain active from today that is, 1st November 2018 to 30th November 2018. NEET 2019 will take place on 5th May 2019. The conducting body has also refused to conduct this exam online and like previous years, it will be a pen-paper based exam in 2019 as well. NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, which has got the recognition as the largest national-level medical entrance exam. NTA takes the onus of organizing NEET UG 2019 for the candidates seeking admission to MBBS, BDS, and Ayush from the leading medical colleges and universities located all across the nation. However, the aspirants looking to pursue UG-level medical education from the medical research institutes located abroad will also have to qualify for NEET 2019. The aspirants can explore the comprehensive details of NEET 2019 in this article, such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card details, result announcement, answer key publishing details, counselling pattern, FAQs about NEET 2019.
Important Note: The registration process for the NEET 2019 is started from 1st November and will continue successfully till November 30.
Important Events & Dates of NEET 2019
The candidates need to know about the important events related to NEET 2019 and their schedule. The below-mentioned table will define all such details:
|Events||Dates for Exam|
|Start date of application form||1st November 2018|
|End date for application submission||30th November 2018|
|Application fee payment last date||November 2018 (Expected)|
|Access of Correction Window||December 2018 (Expected)|
|Admit card issuance||15th April 2019|
|NEET 2019 Examination date||5th May 2019|
|Release of Answer key & OMR||Within a week after exam|
|Declaration of result||5th June 2019|
|Commencement of Counseling||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET Application Form 2019
The candidates need to first check the eligibility criteria for NEET 2019 and then visit the official web portal of the authority to complete the process of registration from today and submit the same online without any hassle. There are various instructions that the applicants should follow while filling up the form. The step by step process of NEET 2019 application form is mentioned below:
- The authority uploads the NEET 2019 application form on its official web portal and the applicants will have to fill it through online mode only.
- The authority will not provide any offline facility to apply for NEET 2019 exam.
- The registration process for this exam has been commenced from the November 1, 2018 and will conclude on the November 30 of the same month.
- The candidates need to complete the form accurately and mention only the authentic information. After that, they need to upload their signature and the latest passport size photograph.
- Once the details are filled completely and the documents are uploaded, the system will generate the page of confirmation. The applicants need to download the same.
- The print out of the confirmation page will be kept for future use but there is no need of sending it to the authority.
Application Fee for NEET 2019
- The candidates who come under the category of General and OBC need to make the fee payment of Rs. 1400/-
- Those who belong to the SC or ST or PH category will have to make the application fee payment of Rs. 750/-.
- The applicants can submit the NEET 2019 application fee through credit card or debit card or UPI or net banking or e-wallet.
- The service tax will also be applied to this fee amount.
|General or OBC||1400/-|
|SC or ST or PH||750/-|
Correction of NEET 2019 Application Form
The authority will provide the candidates with a golden opportunity to rectify the details in the application form of NEET 2019 if they have not entered the information correctly. The online correction window will be opened by the authority for a certain period of time and the candidates who want to correct the details can do that within that time period only. Some important facts about the NEET application form correction are given below:
- The rectification of the NEET application form will only be done online.
- The window for application form correction will be opened in December 2018.
- The authority will notify the candidates about the rectification in signature and photograph on their registered email id and phone number. The candidates need to enter the login credentials to rectify the same.
- The details that the candidates can rectify through correction window are:
- Date of birth
- Identification Identity
- Eligibility State code
- Exam paper medium
- Disability status
- Father’s name and Mother’s name
- Examination Center
- Qualifying Exam Code or Marks attained in Class 12th
- If the additional fee is supposed to be deposited, the applicants need to make the payment through debit card or net banking or credit card.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates need to know about the eligibility criteria of NEET 2019 before applying for this exam else they won’t be able to know about the minimum requirements to appear in NEET 2019. The details of the eligibility requirements as set by the authority are given below:
- The candidates need to have the minimum age of 17 years.
- The candidates must have the maximum age of 25 years. Those who are in SC or ST or OBC category should possess the maximum age of 30 years.
- The candidates who are Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin or PIOs, Non-Resident Indians or NRIs, Overseas Citizen of India or OCIs and Foreign Nationals can apply for NEET 2019 exam.
- The applicants who are from the state of Jammu &Kashmir can apply for this exam under All India Quota of 15% through self-declaration.
Mandate for Adhaar Card
- The candidates need not provide Aadhar number for NEET 2019 exam.
- The applicants who are from the states of J&K, Meghalaya and Assam are also eligible to appear in this exam provided they have the passport number, bank account number, ration card number or any Government ID card.
- NRI applicants are also permitted to apply for NEET 2019 if they have the Passport number or the Adhaar Card number.
- The candidates who are PIO, Foreign nationals and OCI need to provide Passport Number to apply for this exam.
NEET Qualification Criteria 2019
|Qualifying Exam||The candidates should have qualified the exam of 10+2 or any other equivalent course.|
|Appearing Candidates||Those who are appearing in the exam of 10+2 can also apply for NEET 2019.|
|Subjects||The candidates should mandatorily have the subjects like physics, biology or biotechnology and chemistry and English should be the compulsory subject.|
|Percentage or Marks||For general candidates, minimum marks should be 50%, for SC and ST candidates, it should be 40% (PCB group) and for PH candidates, the marks should be 45%.|
NEET Exam Pattern 2019
The aspirants who are striving hard to qualify the exam of NEET 2019 should be aware of the exam pattern without which they won’t be able to know about the layout of the paper and also the type and number of questions that come in the exam. NEET 2019 exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Examination date: The NEET exam will be held on 5th May 2019.
- Mode of Exam: The authority will conduct the NEET 2019 exam in pen-paper based mode from the year 2019 where the applicants need to take the offline (PBT) test.
- Type of Questions: All the questions in the exam will be of multiple choice type.
- Exam Duration: Total 3 hours will be given to complete the NEET exam.
- Number of Questions: There will be the total 180 questions in the paper.
- Language: This question paper will come in various languages like Hindi, English, Urdu, Gujarati, Tamil, Marathi, Telugu, Oriya, Assamese, Bengali and Kannada.
- Marking Scheme: For every right answer, 4 marks will be granted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be cut under the clause of negative marking.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
NEET Syllabus 2019
MCI or Medical Council of India is the authority that prescribes the syllabus for NEET 2019. The candidates who aspire to get admission in various medical courses in the universities of abroad need to thoroughly learn about the syllabus that includes the subjects like physics, biology and chemistry and then start their preparations for the exam. The details of the NEET syllabus 2019 are mentioned below:
- Laws of Motion
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Physical world and measurement
- Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electronic Devices
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Coordination Compounds
- p-Block Elements
- Phenols and Ethers
- Diversity in Living World
- Human Physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Plant Physiology
- Biotechnology and Its Applications.
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
Preparation Tips for NEET 2019
The candidates must know about the syllabus and the pattern of the NEET exam if they wish to qualify the same with good scores. This exam actually demands the pretty good preparation as the level of difficulty is moderate to high as per the trend of the previous years’ papers. There are certain tips that the applicants must keep in their minds before making the study plan for NEET exam preparations. Let’s discuss the same:
- First of all, the applicants need to make a proper timetable for studies and allot the time for each and every topic on daily basis.
- Take some gap between the two subjects or topics and relax for the time being just to make your mind fresh.
- The applicants need to know about the syllabus and the pattern as set by the authority and then they should prepare for the exam accordingly.
- If the topics are tough and demand for more time, the applicants should allot the time to practice such subjects on daily basis.
- Solve the sample papers and the last year question papers to know about the actual paper pattern and the types of the questions.
- The applicants should not stress much during the exams and do yoga and exercise to release the exertion.
- The nutritious diet is advisable for the candidates that will maintain their good health.
NEET Admit Card 2019
The applicants who have applied for the NEET 2019 exam perfectly and are looking forward to the hall ticket can download the same from the official website of the authority. Only those candidates who have completed the process of application form online will be able to get the admit card for this exam. Some important information related to NEET Admit card is given below:
- The authority will publish the admit card of NEET 2019 on 15th April 2019.
- The authority will upload the admit card of the candidates on its official web portal and the applicants need to login their accounts to get the link of the admit card.
- In the admit card, there is the space for the postcard size photograph where the applicants need to affix the same once they download and print the admit card.
- In case, the details in the admit card do not match with that in the application form, the candidates need to connect with the authority and get it corrected before the exam date.
- Once the hall ticket or admit card will be downloaded by the candidates, they should take out the hard copy for future use. The authority will also send the soft copy of the admit card in PDF form to the registered email of the candidates.
NEET Answer Key 2019
- The authority releases the answer key for NEET 2019 exam on its web portal and it will be announced in a week’s time after the date of the examination.
- The candidates who want to raise their voice against the given answer key provided by the authority will have to make the payment of Rs. 1000/- for every answer they challenge.
- For the process of challenging the answer key, the applicants need to go to the website of the authority and enter their username and password to open the link for the same.
NEET Result 2019
The important points regarding the NEET result 2019 are given below:
- The applicants who give the NEET 2019 exam will have to visit the website of the board and see the result online.
- The authority will declare the result on 5th June 2019.
- Note that the result will not be category wise.
- As per the board or the authority, there will not be any clause for evaluation of the answer sheet once again.
NEET Merit List 2019
- The authority takes the onus of preparing for the rank list on the basis of MCI, DGHS and DCI guidelines.
- The rank list will also be given for 15% All India Quota.
- The candidates will be given the offer letter for counselling on the grounds of their ranks in the NEET 2019 exam.
NEET Cut Off 2019
In order to qualify for NEET 2019, the applicants need to score more than the cut off marks as prescribed by the NTA. The below-given details about NEET cut off should be known to all the applicants who appear for the exam and qualify the same.
- The authority will release the cut off list via online mode.
- This cut off list will be published at the same time of the result declaration.
- The authority decides the cut off on the grounds of the performance of the applicants in NEET 2019, the total number of candidates in the exam, the level of difficulty of the paper and much more.
- The qualifying cut off marks of the last year paper for NEET exam is given below. Note that the cut off marks will be out of 720.
NEET Cut Off 2018: A Quick Glimpse
|OBC or SC or ST||288|
|UR and PH||324|
|OBC or SC or ST or PH||288|
NEET Counseling 2019
- The counselling procedure of NEET 2019 will be conducted by the authority via online mode.
- The state authorities that are accountable for the counselling process will take the onus of conducting the State level counselling.
- The counselling of NEET 2019 exam will be started from the second week of June 2019.
- The applicants need to first register themselves online for NEET counselling and fill the the preference form for admission.
- The authority will allot the seats to the selected candidates on the basis of their rank in the merit list, seat availability I various colleges and the category of the applicants.
- After the allotment of the seat, the applicants will have to report to the college in the given time period.
Some new changes Introduced Last Year
Union Health Ministry has proposed various changes in NEET 2019 exam that are approved by MCI last year. The list for the same is given below:
- The applicants who belong to the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will not have to give the form of self-declaration as they have joined the scheme of 15% All India Quota.
- There is not any mandate for Aadhaar Card to apply for NEET exam. The applicants can submit any other identity proof.
- The candidates who are NIOS or private or State Open School cannot apply for NEET exam.
- For multiple languages, the single set of question paper will be there.
FAQs or Frequently Asked Questions about NEET 2019
Question: When will the authority publish the NEET application form online?
Answer: The NEET 2019 application form has been made available from today that is, 1st November 2018 and will conclude on the 30th November 2018.
Question: Who can apply for NEET examination?
Answer: The candidates who are Indian Nationals, OCIs, NRIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals can proceed to apply for NEET 2019.
Question: Can the students who are appearing for the exam of 10+2 apply for NEET 2019?
Answer: Yes, the students who are still to give the exam for 10+2 are eligible for NEET exam.
Question: How NRI applicants can appear for NEET 2019 without Aadhaar Card?
Answer: NRI candidates need not have the details of the Aadhaar card to complete the online registration as the photo ID proof is enough to fill the form.
Question: When will NEET exam be organized by the authority?
Answer: NEET 2019 exam will be organized by the authority on 5th May 2019.
Question: Can NIOS/Private students apply for NEET 2019?
Answer: No, such candidates cannot apply for this exam.
Question: Is there any clause of negative marking in the NEET examination?
Answer: Yes, for every incorrect response, one mark will be cut.
Question: How many times the candidates can appear for NEET exam?
Answer: There is not any provision of attempts in NEET exam any more as it is withdrawn by MCI.
Question: The detail of my DOB is not completely given in the Aadhaar Card. Do I need to rectify the same?
Answer: No need to rectify the same as the date of birth proof can be shown through some other identity proof.
This is all about the NEET 2019 exam and the mandatory things related to this exam. Hope you will get the clarity and will prepare well for the entrance test.