MAT 2017 is a national level entrance exam. Every year the exam is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). This exam is held 4 times in a year, In the month of February, May, September and December. Interested candidates in management studies can appear for this examination.
MAT February 2017 Paper Based Test was held on February 5, 2017, and the Computer Based Test was conducted on February 11, 2017. The candidates can fill in their choices with the help of their registration number and DOB.
MAT is an objective type test with multiple-choice questions. Candidates can choose to take the exam in either of the two modes – paper-based or computer-based.
Here in this article, we are providing you the detailed information regarding eligibility criteria, important dates, admit card, application form, exam pattern, and much more.
MAT 2017 May Quick Facts
- The MAT 2017 exam can be taken online on a computer or offline.
- The online MAT can be given over a period of time as per the candidate’s convenience by choosing a center, day & time.
- The MAT can also be given offline but the candidates need to carry pen, pencil, eraser & sharpener. The questionnaire and the OMR answer sheet are however provided by the test center.
- The paper based test is held just once every test cycle, but the online computer based test may be held in a window over the week following the paper based test.
- It’s important to note that allB Schools that consider MAT are either AICTE approved or affiliated to universities.
- The MAT can be given across various centers in the country and is also conducted in overseas locations.
MAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
Mention below are the details of MAT 2017 Eligibility criteria. Candidates whose criteria are matching can fill up the application form.
Any graduate with 50 % marks can apply for this entrance exam & 45% marks for SC, ST class. Even a final year student of any graduate course can apply for the same. There is no limit for appearing for MAT exams. The candidates who are in the final year of the graduation can also apply for the exam.
It’s always good to know if you are eligible or not so here goes!
- All candidates who intend to take the MAT 2017 need to be a minimum of 21 years. They either should have completed graduation with a 3-year graduate program recognized by the MHRD or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates in the final year may also apply but would have to submit the certificates confirming their requirements were fulfilled before the start of the program.
- Please note that there are reservations seats for SC, ST, OBC’s & Differently Abled of 15%, 7.5%, 27% & 3%.
Fees charges are applicable for all Categories, rates as mention below
- General +OBC Candidates: Rs.1200 + Bank charges as applicable
- SC/ST/ – Rs.1200 + Bank charges as applicable
NOTE: No concession for reserved category.
MAT 2017 EXAM PATTERN:
Students can get information about MAT 2017 Exam Pattern & Syllabus. Mat Exams are held in both forms, online & offline, students have to select the format while applying for the exam
Following points would give you a heads up of what may be expected in each category.
Intelligence and critical reasoning covers direction sense, data arrangement, blood relations, statement assumptions, statement conclusions & statement arguments, etc
Mathematical ability includes topics such as HCF, LCM, Averages, ratio proportion, profit & loss, simplification, ages, percentages & discounts, etc
Data Interpretation & data sufficiency covers tables, Bar / Line graphs, pie chart, data sufficiency, etc
English usage or Language comprehension contains topics such as synonyms, antonyms, para jumbles, sentence completion, analogies, fill in the blanks, etc
The exam duration is 150 minutes for 200 questions with each question carrying 1 mark each and 0.25 marks is deducted for each wrong answer.
The institutes consider scores of only the first four categories and the decision to consider the scores of Indian & Global environment is left to the discretion of the institutes.
MAT an online exam which consists of 200 objective type question, these objectives are divided into 6 sections.
Mathematical skills (40)
Data analysis (40)
Critical reasoning (40)
MAT exam consists of 200 questions and the time duration is 2 hours 30 Minutes
MAT paper exams will consist of 200 questions and each of the questions: the right answer for each question will be rewarded by 1 mark and ¼ marks will be deducted for wrong questions.
How To Fill MAT 2017 Application Form
MAT 2017 Application form starts from November 2016 & it closes in the month of December 2016. After you have decided if you are eligible or not its best to fill up your form and get started with it. You will be required to follow the enlisted steps in order to successfully apply
- Registration on MAT 2017 official website.( /www.aima.in )
- The application form includes details such as personal details, contact information, academic details, work experience, program preference and exam center preference.
- Candidates can pay the fees by credit / Debit card, net banking, Demand draft or by cash
- All forms received at AIMA are scanned/validated within 5 days. Once scrutinized and found to be OK, will be provisionally registered. Forms received later than the due date will be rejected and no refund of whatsoever will be entertained.
- All provisionally registered candidates both for Computer & Paper based test can download their Admit Card from AIMA website link.
- You can also register via a DD of Rs. 1200. Detailed procedure is mentioned in the above link. Candidate can also obtain a MAT 2017 registration along with the MAT Bulletin against Rs. 1200 from listed Nodal Centers of AIMA or from AIMA, New Delhi.
MAT 2017 Important Dates
Students can appear for MAT 2017 exams in any of the 4 months, sharing a tentative MAT 2017 exam dates chart with you.
|Sl. No||Exam Timing||Date of the release of application form|
|1.||MAT February 2017||5th February 2017 (PBT mode) and 11th February 2017 (CBT mode)|
|2.||MAT May 2017||7th May 2017 (PBT mode) and 13th May 2017 (CBT mode)|
|3.||MAT September 2017||June 2017|
|4.||MAT December 2017||October 2017|
Details about MAT 2017 Admit Card:
MAT 2017 Admit card will be available on the official website of AIMA.Candidates can visit the site& download admit card ( www.aima.in). It’s mandatory to carry admit card by each student. The date for receiving an admit card is 28th April 2017 for students who will be appearing in the month of May 2017.
Notifications about MAT 2017 Result
MAT result 2017 will be declared one month after the examination. The score of the MAT examination is valid for one year. Here in this page, we will update the details regarding MAT May 2017 Result & Score Card.
MAT 2017 Admissions
Almost every management college accepts the MAT score for admission to their management program. Every college has its own percentile to accept MAT score. Besides the score, some of the colleges also conduct their own entrance test for admissions. The MAT 2017 score card will be valid for one successive year only.
List of Participating Colleges For MAT 2017 Exam
In 2016 there 350 institutes associated with AIMA, a list of colleges for the year MAT 2017 Participating institutes have been shared.