Table of Content
Another Management entrance test! You students must be soo used to it by now..so lets begin! The Management Aptitude Test (MAT 2017) is a standardized entrance test conducted by the Centre for Management Services (CMS), a special division of the All India Management Association (AIMA), an apex body of management which is held 4 times a year. It has been observed that generally the tests are conducted on the 1st Sunday of February, May, September & December. Since 2003, the MAT has been approved by the Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD as a national level test. MAT scores are considered by more than 600 B Schools across the country. The MAT is considered the largest test of its kind in India. However, the list of B – schools that consider AIMA-MAT scores depend from test to test. So rest assured that you have made the right choice!
Here are some quick facts that you will need to know about the exam!
- The MAT exam can be taken online on a computer or offline.
- The online MAT can be given over a period of time as per the candidate’s convenience by choosing a center, day & time.
- The MAT can also be given offline but the candidates need to carry pen, pencil, eraser & sharpener. The questionnaire and the OMR answer sheet are however provided by the test center.
- The paper based test is held just once every test cycle, but the online computer based test may be held in a window over the week following the paper based test.
- It’s important to note that all B Schools that consider MAT are either AICTE approved or affiliated to universities.
- The MAT can be given across various centers in the country and is also conducted in overseas locations.
Now as you already know about the exam lets summarize the exam for your benefit!
|MAT 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test|
|Commonly known as||MAT 2017|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam Stream||Management Entrance Exam|
MAT 2017 December Eligibility Criteria
Its always good to know if you are eligible or not so here goes!
- All candidates who intend to take the MAT 2017 need to be a minimum of 21 years. They either should have completed graduation with a 3 year graduate programme recognized by the MHRD or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates in the final year may also apply but would have to submit the certificates confirming their requirements were fulfilled before start of the program.
- Please note that there are reservations seats for SC, ST, OBC’s & Differently Abled of 15%, 7.5%, 27% & 3%.
MAT 2017 December Registration, Fees & Admission Process:
After you have decided if you are eligible or not its best to fill up your form and get started with it. You will be required to follow the enlisted steps in order to successfully apply.
- You will firstly have to log on to www.aima.in/testing-services/mat/mat.html & register online with a credit / debit card. You can also pay via net banking of amount Rs. 1200.
- You can also register via a DD of Rs. 1200. Detailed procedure is mentioned in the above link. Candidate can also obtain a MAT 2017 application form along with the MAT Bulletin against Rs. 1200 from listed Nodal Centres of AIMA or from AIMA, New Delhi.
- All forms received at AIMA are scanned / validated within 5 days. Once scrutinized and found to be OK, will be provisionally registered. Forms received later than the due-date will be rejected and no refund of whatsoever will be entertained.
- All provisionally registered candidates both for Computer & Paper based test can download their Admit Card from AIMA website link.
MAT 2017 Paper Pattern & Syllabus:
Knowing the paper pattern and syllabus will just aid in increasing your confidence and get you a step ahead of most! All questions in the MAT 2017 are objective type tests with multiple choice answers. The exam tests your aptitude in the following fields.
- Intelligence and critical reasoning
- Mathematical ability
- Data Interpretation & data sufficiency
- English usage or Language comprehension
There is no fixed syllabus for MAT 2017.
Following points would give you a heads up of what may be expected in each category.
Intelligence and critical reasoning covers direction sense, data arrangement, blood relations, statement assumptions, statement conclusions & statement arguments, etc
Mathematical ability includes topics such as HCF, LCM, Averages, ratio proportion, profit & loss, simplification, ages, percentages & discounts, etc
Data Interpretation & data sufficiency covers tables, Bar / Line graphs, pie chart, data sufficiency, etc
English usage or Language comprehension contains topics such as synonyms, antonyms, para jumbles, sentence completion, analogies, fill in the blanks, etc
The exam duration is 150 minutes for 200 questions with each question carrying 1 mark each and 0.25 marks is deducted for each wrong answer.
The sections of the exam are divided in the following 5 categories, each having 40 questions.
- Language comprehension
- Mathematical skills
- Data Analysis & sufficiency
- Intelligence and critical reasoning
- Indian & global environment
The institutes consider scores of only the first four categories and the decision to consider the scores of Indian & Global environment is left to the discretion of the institutes.
MAT 2017 Exam Dates
|MAT Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Last date to apply online via Option 1||Last week of April 2017|
|Last date to submit duly completed Printout of application form at AIMA, New Delhi||3rd week of April 2017|
|Admit Card to released on||3rd week of April 2017|
|Date of Exam (Paper based)||First week of May 2017|
|Date of Exam (Computer based)||First week of May 2017|
|Result declared on||to be updated|
|Offline Based MAT September||First week of September 2017|
|Online Based MAT September||2nd week of September 2017|
Work hard & good Luck.