ULSAT Exam Pattern 2019 will be decided and declared online by University of Petroleum & Energy Studies or UPES in the month of November 2018. The applicants who are willing to get admission in various law courses from COLS or College of Legal Studies need to prepare well for ULSAT exam 2019 and qualify the same with the high ranking. For this, they need to know about ULSAT Exam Pattern 2019 that contains the details of the examination mode, time duration of the exam, number, and types of questions, marking pattern and much more. The exam for ULSAT 2019 will be held in the month of May 2019 through online mode. Knowing about the exam pattern for ULSAT 2019 in advance will help the candidates to understand well about the layout of the paper, marking pattern and much more. The candidates need to learn about the syllabus also in order to know about the subjects and topics that will be covered in ULSAT 2019.
This article discusses the ULSAT Exam Pattern 2019, important facts in tabular form, detailed information about the examination mode, time duration, number of questions, total marks and much more. Go through the same and get clarity on the layout of ULSAT exam 2019.
ULSAT Exam Pattern 2019 (Table)
The candidates need to visit the below-given table to know about the ULSAT Exam Pattern 2019. Note that for better preparation of the exam, it is mandatory for the applicants to discover about the pattern and syllabus of ULSAT 2019 and get the tentative idea of the paper layout and marking scheme. Let’s have a glance at the table mentioned below:
|Total Time allotted to the applicants for ULSAT exam||3 Hours|
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice or Objective Type|
|Total marks in the paper of ULSAT 2019||150|
|Marks specified for every question||1|
|Negative Marking||No such clause|
ULSAT Exam Pattern 2019 (Details)
The candidates must be aware of the fact that without knowing the exam pattern of ULSAT as specified by UPES, they won’t be able to apprehend well about the layout and thus will find difficulty in preparing for the exam. The detailed information about the ULSAT Exam Pattern 2019 is mentioned as under:
Mode of exam
- UPES is the authority to conduct ULSAT exam 2019 via both online and offline modes.
- The total time durable within which the applicants need to finish their paper will be 3 hours. No extra time will be allotted to any of the candidates in any case.
Number of questions
- There will be a total 200 questions in ULSAT exam 2019.
Type of questions
- All the questions in ULSAT exam 2019 are of multiple choice or objective type.
- The total marks in the ULSAT exam 2019 will be 200.
- For each right answer in the exam, the applicants will be awarded one mark.
- There will not be any provision of negative marking that means no deduction will be made if the candidates mark any incorrect response.
- The applicants need to understand the fact that if they mark two answers for a single question, it will be treated as incorrect even if one of the marked options is correct and thus zero marks will be granted for that particular question.
- The candidates must also be aware of the section wise marking of the paper. For instance, they should know the distribution of marks in the sections like Logical reasoning, Legal Aptitude, Quantitative & Numerical Ability, Language Comprehension and Legal General Knowledge.
- This is what we call weightage of the sections in ULSAT exam 2019.
- This marking pattern of every section is the same as it was in the last year exam of ULSAT.
- The applicants can read the below-given details to verify the section wise marks in ULSAT paper:
- Logical Reasoning – 30 marks
- Quantitative & Numerical Ability – 30 marks
- Legal General Knowledge -30 marks
- Language Comprehension – 30 marks
- Legal Aptitude – 30 marks
ULSAT Syllabus 2019
UPES is the authority that has announced the syllabus for ULSAT 2019. The applicants are advised to keep the note of the same and then proceed ahead for preparation of this exam. Let’ have a look at ULSAT syllabus 2019:
- Reading Comprehension
- One-word substitution
- Legal terms
- Figures of speech
Quantitative & Numerical Ability
- Mental Ability & Logical or Mathematical Analysis
- Agreement and Disagreement
- Blood Relations
- Deductive Reasoning
- Odd-Even Discretion
Legal General Knowledge & Legal Aptitude
- International Law
- Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity
- Strict Liability
- Law of Crimes
- Contracts and Constitutional Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Vicarious Liability
General Preparation Tips Complying with ULSAT Exam Pattern 2019
- Read about the exam pattern and syllabus for ULSAT 2019.
- Make the organized study plan for preparation.
- Learn about various topics and subjects that are included in the syllabus and create an appropriate timetable.
- Refer to the authentic books and genuine study material.
- Make notes while doing preparation as it will help you to recall whatever you have studied.
- Take care of your health and diet routine.
This is the detailed information about ULSAT Exam Pattern 2019. In case of any further doubt related to the exam pattern, feel free to connect with us.