TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2019 will be decided by Osmania University on behalf of TSCHE or Telangana State Council of Higher Education. Those who have applied for TS LAWCET 2019 need to know about the exam pattern that consists of the type and number of questions, section names, marking scheme, mode of exam etc. This entrance test will be conducted offline for the duration of 90 minutes. Total sections or parts in the exam will be three and these are Current affairs, General Knowledge and mental ability, legal aptitude. Total 120 questions will be there and all will be of objective type. There will not be any clause of negative marking. The medium of paper will be English and Telugu only. The candidates need to make use of a blue or black pointed ball pen to solve the paper. The applicants must also be aware of TS LAWCET syllabus before starting their preparation for the exam.
This article is all about the details related to TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2019, syllabus, related information, section wise pattern of the paper, tie breaking criteria and some important instructions to follow while giving an offline exam.
TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2019 (Table)
|Examination mode||Pen and paper or Offline mode|
|Number of papers||1|
|Name of sections||Current affairs, General Knowledge and Mental Ability, Aptitude for study of law|
|Type of questions||Objective type or Multiple choice type (MCQ)|
|Time duration||90 minutes|
|Medium of exam||English & Telugu|
TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2019 (Detail)
TS LAWCET 2019 will be held in the month of May 2019. There will be total three sections or parts in the paper and these are Current Affairs, General Knowledge and Mental Ability and Aptitude for Study of Law. The section-wise details of TS LAWCET exam pattern 2019 are given as under:
General Knowledge & Mental Ability
- This part will contain total 30 questions and all will be of MCQ type.
- For every question, there will be total of four alternatives.
- For each question, the applicants will have to mark one right answer.
- The total marks allotted for this section will be 30.
- There will be a total 30 questions in this part of the paper.
- All the questions will be objective or multiple choice type.
- For every question, there will be four options.
- The applicants need to choose any one right response for each question.
- Total marks of this section will be 30.
Aptitude for Study of Law
- There will be total 60 questions in this part and all will be MCQ type.
- Total four alternatives will be there for every question.
- The applicants are supposed to tick mark only one right answer for each question.
- Total 60 marks will be allotted for this section.
Section-wise Distribution of Marks
- The marks for every section will be decided by the authority and according to the same marking scheme; the marks will be given to the candidates.
- There will be the same marking pattern and section wise marks distribution for all the candidates.
- The reserved category candidates will not be provided any benefits regarding this.
- The section wise distribution of marks in TS LAWCET exam 2019 is mentioned below in tabular form:
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Knowledge & Metal ability||30||30|
|Aptitude for law||60||60|
TS LAWCET marking scheme will be set by the authority and is similar for all the parts or sections of the paper. The detailed information about the marking pattern of TS LAWCET 2019 exam is as under:
- There will be total 120 questions in the paper.
- One mark will be granted to the applicants for each right answer.
- There will not be any provision of negative marking for wrong answers.
- The applicants will not face the deduction of marks in case of un-attempted questions.
- It is mandatory to answer all the questions.
- There will not be any time limitations for each section and the applicants will have to solve the complete paper within 90 minutes.
- The candidates can solve the sections of the paper as per their convenience.
- To obtain the passing marks in TS LAWCET exam paper, the candidates need to correctly answer minimum 42 questions and then their score will be 35%.
- For SC or ST applicants, there is no other specified percentage of qualification.
- The merit list will be prepared on the grounds of the total marks in the exam paper.
TS LAWCET Tie-Breaking Criteria 2019
- It may happen that the applicants will obtain similar marks in the exam paper of TS LAWCET 2019 which will be the condition of tie.
- As there is no negative marking in this exam, the probability of tie like situation will be more.
- The authority has therefore prescribed some tie-breaking strategies to fix the situation.
- The applicants are allowed to challenge the tie-breaking criteria if they wish to cross check the same.
The below given tie-breaking criteria will be accepted by the authority:
- If two or more applicants will score same marks in TS LAWCET exam 2019, the marks of section C will be seen and those who have attained higher score will be given the preference.
- Even then if the tie like situation remains the same, the applicants’ marks in section B will be observed and the one with higher marks will be given priority.
- Still if the tie exists, the authority will break the same through age criteria. The one who is older in age as compared to the other will be given the preference.
TS LAWCET Syllabus 2019
The candidates who are willing to appear for TS LAWCET exam 2019 will have to learn about the complete syllabus. This will help them to apprehend about the topics and subjects before preparing for the exam. TS LAWCET syllabus 2019 is given below:
Section A: In this part of the paper, the questions will be based on basic general awareness and logical reasoning.
Section B: In this section, the questions will be based on the subjects of current affairs and other topics that are trending. The applicants need to be aware of the surrounding events across the world.
Section C: In this section of the paper, the questions will be prepared to assess the legal knowledge of the candidates that contain various laws based on private and public issues. This part of the paper is quite significant and carries maximum weightage.
Important Instructions: TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2019
- The candidates are supposed to use the HB pencil to fill the circles in the OMR sheet.
- The applicants are supposed to fill their name and address with pointed black ball pen in bold letters.
- The address details must be accurate as the authority will use the same for any future communication.
- The name of the college should also be filled in bold letters and space should be left between two words.
- The applicants are suggested to use the pointed black pen to tick mark the answers in the sheet.
- The applicants need to use ball pointed pen only to color the circles in OMR sheet.
- The circles must be filled appropriately by the candidates.
- The candidates must remember the fact that the circles need to be colored completely and not partially else the answer will not be considered.
- Those who mark the answers with pencil will not be considered and zero marks will be granted for such questions.
- The applicants should not cross the circles after filling else that will not be considered.
- The answer sheet will be handed over to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall.
- The candidates must make a proper timetable to prepare well for TS LAWCET 2019.
- They must refer to previous years’ papers for better understanding of the paper layout and difficulty level of the questions.
- Making notes will help the applicants to prepare well for every section of the paper as per the syllabus.
This is all about the TS LAWCET exam pattern 2019. The applicants must read this content for the complete guidance of the paper pattern, syllabus and much more. In case of any doubt, write to us.