If you are considering a legal career, have a glance at the Top Law Entrance Exams in India. The admissions exams (LLB, LLM, and Integrated Law programs) for admission to the Top Law Colleges of India are listed below. If you are a student who wants to start his career as a lawyer, this article is for you. As the field of law becomes more and more popular and more and more students are admitted in this field, the institutes and universities that offer legal training are also increasing. With the growth of universities and colleges offering law, it becomes important for students to choose the right university and college. Kick-start the profession of your dreams by becoming a member of one of the Top Law Schools. Some of the Law entrance exams listed below can be considered after Class XII and few after graduation.
- ACLAT: The Alliance University Common Law Admissions Test (ACLAT) is arranged by the Alliance School of Law for admittance to several legal programs offered at the university. The exam will be held in 10 regional cities of the country. Those cracking the entrance exam will be asked to attend a personal interview. The final selection will be made based on the performance of aspirants in all the rounds.
- AIBE: The All India Bar Exam (AIBE) will not be held for admission to Law Colleges. Their purpose is to test the ability of a lawyer to practice the legal profession in India. The AIBE deals with the analytical skills of an applicant and the understanding of basic legal knowledge. After clearing the exam, the candidate will be given the Certificate of Practice.
- AILET: AILET is an exam conducted at the National Law University (NLU) in Delhi for BA – LLB, LLM and Ph.D. courses. This is another key exam for aspirants who want to pursue a legal career. AILET is a legal university entrance exam for admission to B.A. LL.B (Hons.), LL.M and Ph.D. programs. Every year, nearly 20,000 candidates register. Intermediate graduates with a 50% overall score can enroll in a UG course or apply for a PG (at least 55%) for a PG course.
- AP LAWCET: With the support of the AP State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur holds the AP LAWCET entrance exam for legal courses. It is organized for admittance to LLB, LLB (Hons.), BBA LLB / BA LLB / B.Com LLB / BA LLB (Hons.) programs.
- BHU UET: The Banaras Hindu University Entrance Test (BHU UET) is organized by Banaras Hindu University for candidates seeking to study courses in the discipline of law. BHU UET is held across India and is conducted across 20 exam centers in India. The exam is planned for several dates in April – May 2019 in pen-paper mode. The exam date will be different for each of the courses.
- BVP CET: The Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test (BVP CET) Law is an offline exam held for admission to several LLB, BA LLB, and BBA LLB legal qualifications in the university’s four allied colleges. BVP is responsible for holding the entrance exam.
- CLAT: The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all-India entrance exam organized in the month of November by the National Law Universities (NLUs) for admittance to their graduation and postgraduate degree programs (LL.B & LL.M) the order of its establishment are carried out. India has a total of 18 national law schools (NLUs). You can apply for this exam either in the undergraduate or postgraduate program. The CLAT scorecard is valid for admission to NLUs like – NALSAR, GNLU, NLIU, WBNUJS, and NLSIU etc.
- CUSAT CAT: CUSAT CAT is an admission exam held by Cochin University for several courses offered by them. Candidates who meet the suitability criteria fixed by Cochin University must fulfill the CUSAT CAT application form as per the deadlines. CUSAT CAT is organized each year to acknowledge eligible applicants to bachelor and postgraduate law and many other programs open across its 23 campuses.
- DU LLB: The Entrance Test for Delhi University is held by Delhi University for admittance to several legal courses conducted by the Department of Law of the Delhi University and for the Admission of LLB and LLM. DU LLB Entrance Exam 2019 is an annual exam organized by the Faculty of Law. The exam will be held to select candidates for a 3-year LLB program. 2019 exam is planned for June 19 (provisional) in computer-aided mode.
- LSAT: LSAT is a held to assess the ability of reading and cognitive thinking of the aspirants. This exam is organized four times a year for admission to LLB and LLM courses. LSAT’s scorecard is accepted by so many leading law schools in India. Some of these law schools are – the Rajiv Gandhi Intellectual Property School, Amity Law School, Galgotia University Law School, IIT Kharagpur Law School, UPES Dehradun, Jindal Global Law School, SRM University and many more.
- MH CET: Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for Law is a held at the state level which is planned by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Government of Maharashtra. With this exam, applicants can get seats in LL.B (Three Year) and LL.B (combined-Five Year) legal courses.
- PU CET: The Panjab University Common Entrance Test (PU CET) is a state entrance exam organized by Panjab University, Chandigarh, for aspirants aiming at admission to the several undergraduate degree courses within the PU CET UG and master’s programs PU CET PG, as provided by the University. PU CET 2019 for the UG program will take place on April 29, 2019.
- SET: The Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET Law) is a general written entry exam for law graduates in symbiosis law schools in Pune and Noida. The Symbiosis University offers around 300 seats for five years integrated LLB approval and 60 seats for the three-year legal licenses.
- ULSAT: ULSAT 2019 is an approved entrance test for admission to legal programs, e.g. BA. LL.B., B.Com. LL.B., BBA. LL.B., B.Sc. LL.B. (5 years combined program) presented by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES). ULSAT 2019 will be held via both online/offline modes from any place.
Law Course is the most prevalent program after engineering and medicine. There are numerous universities/institutes in India offering admission exams. With the best interest and convenience-level can pick up the best-suited course accordingly.