SET LAW Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Symbiosis International University will publish the SET LAW Eligibility Criteria 2019 along with the announcement of the other notifications of the exam. The SET LAW Eligibility Criteria 2019 specifies the minimum requirements for educational qualifications and other important criteria required to be satisfied by the candidate to take up the SET LAW Entrance Exam 2019. Applicants may examine the following criteria of the SET Eligibility Criteria 2019 and must satisfy the minimum qualification and age specifications as well. Candidates must remember that they will have to satisfy each of the least requirements of the eligibility criteria as specified by the various institutes offering the law programs. Candidates failing to meet the minimum requirements will not be allowed to take up the entrance exam under any circumstances.
SET LAW Eligibility Criteria 2019: General Criteria
- Candidates must have cleared the 12th higher secondary exam or 10 + 2 school system from a recognized board or recognized institution.
- Candidates must have a master’s degree with a postgraduate diploma/certificate from the Indian University / Institute or a foreign degree/diploma/certificate from a foreign university/institute should note in their own interest the equivalence of their diploma / diploma / certificate with the master’s degree from any university recognized by the Indian Universities board.
- Applicants must have a 55% of scores as cumulative in their master’s degree are eligible for the SET Law 2019 exam.
- The candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% of the total score (general category) and 40% of the scores (SC and ST category) in the qualifying examination.
- In addition, candidates who will appear in the current year for their 12th Board Exams will also be considered eligible if they submit a Qualification Mark certificate at the time of admission.
- As per the SET LAW Eligibility Criteria of the Symbiosis Law School, applicants who have passed their 12th grade through an open university devoid of an elementary requirement cannot take part.
- Students from the Science/ Commerce streams are recommended not to apply for the SET Entrance exam.
- As per the Supreme Court of India’s decree, there no specific age limit for taking up the SET Entrance Exam.
- Candidates are expected to have cleared their 12th exams in a single attempt.
- Those candidates appearing or appearing for Compartment / Additional Papers are considered as not eligible to appear in the SET Law 2019.
SET LAW Eligibility Criteria 2019: Reservation Policy
Applicants who apply under the reserved category must provide the necessary certificates at the time of admission to provisioning their reservation. All law schools allied to SIU adhere to the reservation standards of the Indian government. The reservation of seats at the SET institutes is as follows:
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 7.5%
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
- Differently Abled: 3%
- Kashmiri Migrants: 2 slots per program
- Foreign candidates: 15%
SET LAW Eligibility Criteria 2019: Minimum Marks Required
|Category||Paper 1||Paper 2||Paper 3|
Only those candidates who have secured /met the above-mentioned marks under each category shall be considered while preparing the merit list of SET Law 2019.
SET LAW Eligibility Criteria 2019: Key Instructions
- The candidates awaiting their final results may appear for the exam, but are expected to produce a provisional pass certificate within 20 days from the announcement of results duly attested by the concerned authorities.
- Candidates appearing under the reservation policy are expected to produce Caste certificate/ special category certificate duly attested.
- Candidates must verify and confirm if you fulfill the prescribed Eligibility conditions specified by the SLAT Authorities.
- The community status in the application form must be duly filled to be eligible for slots under Category criteria.
- Candidates who have claimed for fee concession under SC/ST/OBC/PwD criteria must produce caste certificate.
- The candidacy of an applicant is only provisional and the candidature may be cancelled anytime during any stage of admission if the candidate’s is suspected to have involved in any malpractices.
To get your queries regarding SET Law Eligibility Criteria 2019 solved, get help from our experts in the comment section below.