SET Law 2019 – The registrations for SET Law 2019 has been started from 24 January 2019. Candidates can visit the official website and can register via online mode only. Symbiosis International University is the apex body that conducts the numerous exams for law, engineering and different courses. These exams are composed for giving admission to its different streams schools. For B. Tech admission, SITEEE (SIT Engineering Entrance Exam) exam is led by the college itself. SET General is regularly led for admission to other college. Aspirants looking for admission to SIU associated universities can apply for the exam. Alongside filling the application form for the exam, applicants are additionally required to apply for the institutes in which they need to take admission. In this blog, students will read the information about the SET Law 2019 exam and all its nitty-gritty.
SET Law 2019 Exam Dates Overview
SET has announced the official exam dates for SET Law 2019. Candidates can check the from the table given below:
|SET Law Events||Dates|
|Date of Online Registration Starts||24 January 2019, Tuesday|
|Last date of Registration Closes||15 April 2019, Monday|
|Date of closing of Payment||15 April 2019, Monday|
|Availability of Admit Card||20 April 2019, Saturday|
|Date of Final exam SET||04 May 2019, Saturday|
|Declaration of Result||May 14 2019, Tuesday|
|Date of start of Counselling||The second week of May 2019|
Click Here to fill the SET Law 2019 Application Form
SET Law 2019 Application Form
Note down the vital information about SET application form 2019 under below.
- SET application form 2019 is available on the official website of the conducting body
- The online registration has been started from 24 January 2019, Tuesday.
- The last date for online registration will be 15 April 2019, Monday.
- A student may enroll either for one paper or for two papers, one toward the beginning of the day session and another in evening sessions.
- The student will have to enter all the required essential particulars precisely in the application form.
- Before making the fee payment student need to read of the guidelines consciously.
- The student will have to upload the scanned most recent photo.
- It is likewise essential for the student to apply for the preferred college for the law program and finish the payment procedure for admission before the last date.
Note: In the event that a student looks for admission in engineering stream courses based on a national level test, (for example, JEE Main) other than SET at that point, such aspirants need not require give the SET exam. Rather, they may straightforwardly apply to the concerned college through a national level placement test.
SET Law 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Follow the eligibility criteria for the undergrads:
|BCA||The student will have to Pass 12th examination or diploma in engineering with minimum 50% marks in case of general category and 45% marks in case of SC/ST category students.|
|BA LLB/BBA LLB||
The student will have to Pass a 12th examination in any stream with minimum 45% marks in case of general category 40% marks in case of SC/ST category students.
Students who will appear in qualifying examination or whose results are awaiting are also eligible to apply. In case of the awaited result, the student will have to submit the passing certificate at the time of admission.
|BBA||A student who belongs to the general category will have to pass class 12th from a recognized board with minimum 50% marks and in case of SC/ST category students 45% marks.|
|B.Sc (Liberal Arts)||
A student who belongs to general category will have to Class 12th from any branch with minimum 50% marks and in case of SC/ST category students 45% marks.
Persons of Indian Origin, Foreign Nationals, and NRIs will have to apply through the SCIE (Symbiosis Center for International Education).
NRI Students who are living in India and appearing final 12th examination are also eligible to apply.
The student will have to pass 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Technical/Biology vocational subject.
General students will have to attain at least 45% marks and in case of SC/ST category students 40% marks (in the above subjects)
A student can also take admission on the basis Symbiosis Entrance Test, JEE-Main or MHT-CET.
|B.Sc. Economics (Hons.)||The student will have to pass 10+2 in any branch with minimum 50% marks for general category and in case of SC/ST category 45% marks.|
The student will have to pass 10+2 (any stream; e.g. Arts, Science, Commerce etc.) Or 10+3 diploma with minimum 50% marks in average.
The student who is appearing in the final year is also eligible to apply.
SET Law Application Fee
The student will have to submit the non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1750/- for the SET exam. Following payment options are available for the students:
- Axis Bank Gateway
- Indian Bank Gateway
- Bill desk Gateway
- Demand Draft.
Check Official Notification Released on SET Law 2019
SET Law 2019 Admit Card
- The SET Law admit card 2019 will be available to the students via online mode on the official website.
- The student will be able to download the admit card from 20 April 2019, Saturday.
- No student will be allowed without the admit card to appear for the test.
- Along with SET admit card, students will have to bring any of photo identity proof i.e. Driving License Passport, Voters ID Card, PAN Card, Aadhar Card.
Symbiosis SET Law 2019 Answer Key
Symbiosis International University publishes the Symbiosis Entrance Test Answer Key 2019 through online mode only on the official website. SET answer key 2019 will be provided to the students after the SET exam in the second week of May 2019. The student can match and compare the answers marked in the final exam through this answer sheet and will guess the outcome.
SET Law 2019 Result
SET Law result 2019 can be declared and checked on the official website of SET.
- The result will be declared on 14 May 2019, Tuesday.
- The score card will be available for one month soon after the result declaration.
- The SET final merit list will be declared in the 1st week of June’19
SET Law 2019 Cutoff
Every college will announce its own cut-off marks list on the basis of SET result 2019, and after that students will be selected for the selection process or admission process. The shortlisting of students varies from category to category.
SET Law 2019 Counselling
- Each college will conduct its own selection process for SET 2019
- After the result announcement of SET 2019, students will have to appear Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT)/Studio Test and Personal Interaction round.
- The final merit list will be made by giving 50% weightage to SET and remaining 50% weightage to Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test
- Students will secure their seat as per their rank secured in SET Law 2019.
SET Law 2019 Exam Pattern
The SET 2019 will be organized in the first week of May 2019. The exam pattern of SET Law 2019 is given here:
- Total Sections: Total number of 4 sections i.e. logical reasoning, Law, English and legal ability will be asked in the SET.
- Number of Questions: Total number of questions in SET law contains 150 questions while there are 200 questions in other fields.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted on the computer means an online test
- Duration: The total exam duration will be of 150 minutes.
- Sessions: SET law will be conducted in the morning session (9:30 am to 12.00 noon)
- Negative Marking: No negative marking in the paper.
Exam Pattern for Law:
|Total Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
Exam Pattern for General:
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
SET Law 2019 Preparation Tips
Here are some preparation tips for the SET 2019
- Prepare a strategic timetable which should be followed diligently.
- The student will have to be clear in every department of the exam including exam pattern and syllabus.
- Pick the right study materials for accurate preparations.
- Take proper sleep and food on time.
- Do take good care of your health and try to be positive.
- Revision is necessary for the students and tries to revise at least 2 times before the exam.
SET Law 2019 Syllabus
The different field has a different syllabus. The SET Law syllabus for law stream generally consists of 12th class standard and very general questions from analytical reasoning, logical reasoning, reading comprehension and GK.
SET 2019 will happen through an online mode all over India across 85 cities.
A student may choose three preferences as per the reach to ease as their test center:
Kochi/Ernakulam, Agra, Gandhinagar, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, , Nagpur, Ajmer, Guwahati, Nashik, Mysuru, Ahmednagar, Aligarh, Gwalior, Navi Mumbai, Gangtok / Bardang, Allahabad, Hooghly, Howrah, Panipat, Nellore, Ambala, , Hyderabad, Patiala, Amravati, Hubli, Panjim, Amritsar, , Aurangabad, Jabalpur, Anand, Indore, Bareilly, Patna Port Blair, Jaipur, Pune, , Bengaluru, Jammu, Rajkot, Bhilai, Belagavi(Belgaum), Jalandhar, Raipur, Bhopal, Jhansi, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, , Jodhpur, Roorkee, Bhubaneswar,, Lucknow, Udaipur, Kanpur, Shillong, Bilaspur, Shimla, Karnal, Chandigarh/Mohali Siliguri, Solapur, Chennai, Kolhapur, Cuttack, Coimbatore, Surat, Dehradun, Kota, Thane, Kottayam, (Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad), Thiruvananthapuram, Delhi/NCR (NOIDA, Greater NOIDA, Gaziabad), Kozhikode, Thrissur, , Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Madurai, Varanasi, Ludhiana, Vadodara, Vijayawada, Asansol/Durgapur, Meerut & Visakhapatnam.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Question: How to submit the SET application form 2019?
Answer: Only through online mode. No offline mode is available
Question: How much is reservation is for SC candidates in SET?
Answer: Yes, Total 15% seats are available for SC category students.
Question: Shall I have to send my application form via post?
Answer: No, you need not to send the physical form to the officials.
Question: How to make the application fee?
Answer: Following payment mode is available;
- Axis Bank Gateway
- Indian Bank Gateway
- Billdesk Gateway
- Demand Draft
Students who are making payment through Demand draft need to take the print out of the payment advice form, fill it and sign and send it to the official address.
Question: Is there any way to get the application form through offline mode?
Question: Are we permitted to change the exam center after final submission of form?
Question: What are the sections asked in the law paper?
Answer: The question paper of law will contain questions from English, Legal ability, reasoning, and maths.
Question: Is there any negative marking in SET?
Question: In which cities SET 2019 will be held?
Answer: SET will be held in 85 cities.
Question: How many times the SET 2019 held in a year?
Answer: 1 time a year.