Panjab University will be releasing the PU LLB Merit List 2019 in a preliminary and final Phase tentatively in the third week of July 2019. The examination will be held to provide the candidates admission in the field of Law. The merit list of the PU LLB 2019 will contain the overall marks and the shortlist status for the counselling process which is expected tentatively to be available in the month of August 2019. The candidates will be provided the call letter for taking part in the counselling procedure based on the merit list of PU LLB 2019. The candidates who will qualify the cutoff of the PU LLB 2019 will be provided a place in the preliminary merit list of PU LLB 2019. The final merit list will display the final positions the candidates will be attained in their respective categories. The factors which will be a base for preparing the merit list are the marks obtained by the candidates in the PU examination as well as marks obtained by the candidate’s in their last Qualifying examination, Graduation or Post Graduation examination. This article will provide information in detail about PU LLB Merit List 2019.
The Final merit list of PU LLB 2019 will be released separately for each of the categories and candidates by the four constituent centers of Punjab and candidates are advised to check each of these merit lists to make sure that which participating Institute of PU LLB they have secured admission. Candidates will be able to be aware of the important information about the preliminary and final merit list of PU LLB. It should be noted by the candidates that the information provided in this article is on the basis of the previous year’s data and might subject to change.
Important Points of the PU LLB Preliminary Merit List 2019
- The preliminary merit list of PU LLB 2019 is expected to be available in the last week of July, three or four weeks after the PU LLB 2019 Result will be declared by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- The tentative rank card of PU LLB 2019 will be released in only in online mode. The candidates will be able to see the scores they secured in the examination via the merit list of PU LLB 2019.
- The candidates will only be eligible for a position in the tentative merit list of Panjab University Law entrance examination 2019 who will attain the minimum category-wise cutoff score as decided by the Panjab University.
- The candidate’s order in the PU LLB Merit List 2019 will be arranged based on the mark they attained out of 75 in the entrance test of PU LLB 2019.
- Indian candidates from different categories will be granted 597 seats, the Foreign National/NRI candidates will be provided 44 seats by Panjab University, Chandigarh to the LLB course offered by its four law departments at different constituent centres. The merit list of the PU LLB 2019 will display precisely the candidates’ secure admission according to the number of seats available. PU LLB Waiting List will also be released upon a certain rank in the rank card of PU LLB to fill the seats which are vacant.
- The admission will be granted to the candidates to either one of the four participating institutes of PU LLB based on their relative merit in the Panjab University LLB entrance examination. This will be decided by the marks obtained in the qualifying examination as well as the PU LLB result in 2019 with reservation considered and other weightage as determined by the PU LLB participating institutes.
PU LLB Merit List 2019: Categories
The four participating institutes of PU LLB will separately release the PU LLB Merit List 2019 for each category under which candidates have applied. Only those candidates who will be applied in the institute will be able to view their names in the merit list of a particular participating institute of PU. The candidates for which the separate rank list will be released by the four participating institutes is mentioned below.
- Scheduled Caste
- Scheduled Tribe
- Backward Class (Not OBC)
- Physically Handicapped
- Riot Victim/Terrorist Victim
- Grandchildren of Freedom Fighter
- NRI/Foreign National
- Economically Weaker Section
How to Check PU LLB Merit List 2019?
The candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below to download the merit list of the PU LLB.
- The candidates need to click on the link ‘PU LLB Merit List 2019’
- The candidates then need to select their course applied for – LLB (Hons.)
- The category-wise merit lists will be displayed in a new window from which the candidates need to select and click on the relevant category they belong to.
- The candidates will be able to click on download PU LLB 2019 Merit list.
PU LLB Final Merit List 2019: Main Points
- The PU LLB final merit list 2019 will be releasing within a week of the PU LLB preliminary merit list 2019 and one day before PU LLB 2019 Counselling which is expected to begin in the third week of July 2019.
- The final rank list of PU LLB 2019 will be releasing in online mode by Panjab University
- The candidates will be called for concluding their PU LLB admission process at the PU LLB Counselling 2019 based on the positions they attain in the merit list of PU LLB 2019.
- The PU LLB Final Merit List will be given equal weightage to the candidate’s scores out of 75 in the PU LLB 2019 Entrance Exam and the aggregate marks attained in their Graduation/Post Graduation/Qualifying Examination by the candidates.
- The method of merit calculation can be seen by the candidates that will be used to decide the final positions in the rank card of PU LLB 2019.
Merit-wise Marks Calculation for PU LLB Merit List 2019
|LLB (Bachelor of Law)
3 Year Professional Course
|50% (marks obtained in PU LLB 2019 Entrance Examination)
50% for marks secured in Graduation/Post Graduation/Qualifying Exam
Other admissible weightage
How to Break Tie in PU LLB Merit List 2019
It has been seen many times that two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the examination. In such a case, the candidates will be sorted out by the university as it will opt for a procedure to break that tie mentioned underneath.
- The candidates scoring higher marks or percentage of the aggregate marks in the Graduation/Post Graduation/Qualifying Examination will be ranked higher.
- If the marks obtained in graduation/post graduation/Qualifying examination are the same, then, in that case, the candidates will be obtaining more marks in the qualifying examination will be ranked higher.
- If a candidate attains equal in both the above mentioned, then the candidates older in age will be given preference.
PU LLB Merit List 2019 – Points to Remember
- The PU LLB Merit List 2019 will be issued by Panjab University in online mode.
- The merit list of PU LLB 2019 will be available in the month of July 2019.
- PU LLB 2019 Merit List will contain the names and scores of the candidates.
- Candidates will be invited to take part in PU LLB Counselling 2019 after the declaration of PU LLB Merit List 2019.
Now you must be aware of all the nitty-gritty of the merit list of PU LLB 2019. Post your further queries in the comment section below.