PU BA LLB Seat Allotment 2019 – During the PU BA LLB Seat allotment 2019 process, the partaking institutes will admit the scores of the university for Legal Programs. The PU BA LLB will see the involvement of three institutes proposing a total of 360 places for inclusion in BA LLB programs. Applicants wishing to apply for admission in the five-year integrated legal programs must be aware of the PU BA LLB Seat allotment process and other information on the total number of seats available and participating institutions and the availability of seats per course. Let’s read this article further to gather the fruitful information about the seat allotment process of Punjab University.
PU BA LLB Seat Allotment 2019: Seats per University
Below is the list of seats available at various centers of the University of Punjab.
|University Institute of Legal Studies||Five-year combined law program B.A LL.B and B.Com LL.B||240 (120 seats per program)|
|University Institute of Laws, Ludhiana||Five-year combined law program B.A LL.B||60 seats|
|University Institute of Legal Studies, Hoshiarpur||Five-year combined law program B.A LL.B||60 seats|
PU BA LLB Seat allotment 2019: Reservation of Seats
- Usually, 53.5% of the seats in every course are preserved for candidates fitting to the general category.
- 5% of the seats are to be treated as part of the reserved category, according to the information given below:
- 15% for candidates who fit into the scheduled castes.
- 5% for candidates who fit into the scheduled tribes.
- 5% for candidates who fit into the backward classes
PU BA LLB Seat Allotment 2019: Important Clauses
- The reservation can be exchangeable, i.e. If an adequate number of applicants is not existing to fill the seats earmarked for scheduled tribes and they can be occupied by appropriate candidates from scheduled tribes, and vice versa
- 5% of the seats are reserved straight for persons with Disabilities (PWD) *, of which 1% is to be reserved for persons who suffer from the handicaps as stated in the Act of RPWD 2016.
- Each applicant must specify in his registration form the reserved category for which the candidate wishes to apply. If the category is not declared in the registration form, the applicant will only be considered for the general category. No applicant will be considered for admission to a reserved category for which he has not applied.
- If 5% of the seat reservation reaches 0.5 to 0.9, it is considered as a seat. Conversely, if the number of seats is divisible by 5 after calculating the 5% seat, the same allocation will be made for all five categories. If there is still a remainder left after the division, it will be distributed on the basis of inter-se merit among all five categories. If the seats after the calculation are based on 5% to less than 5%, it will be distributed on the basis of inter-se merits under all five categories.
- An applicant under a reserved category is considered for admission to general category seats when in accordance with its general merit position, subject to the situation that the candidate of SC/ST/BC/PWD categories meets the minimum requirement of the general category and must not have made use of the relaxation in the marks.
- All applicants who take part in the counseling procedure will be asked to mark their participation. Only applicants who report and mark their participation on the scheduled day of the consultation will be considered in the allotment of the free seats for admission.
- For the colleges affiliated to Punjab University, the total number of candidates to be called for consultation round in the general category will be three times the total number of seats available.
- The candidate is chosen for admission and PU BA LLB Seat allotment 2019 round is required to deposit the original certificates and pay the prescribed fees if it is not included in the course and the seat is offered to the next candidate on the merits list.
- An applicant who reports late on the day of the consultation will not be entitled to admission as per the merit position, but will only be offered seats vacant at that of reporting in the PU BA LLB Seat allotment 2019 process.
Share your further queries regarding the seat allotment process of PU BA LLB 2019 in the comment box below to get help from our experts.