LFAT Eligibility criteria 2019 should be known to all the candidates who wish to get admission in the field of law offered by the Allahabad University. This examination is a common law entrance examination for getting part of the judiciary and solicitation in future. The entrance test will be a gateway for all the candidates to undergraduate and postgraduate law programme. This examination is conducted every year. The candidates need to take this examination very seriously as the University of Allahabad is the conducting body which is India’s top-rated central university. The candidates will find the application form on the official website of the Allahabad University. The candidates must check the LFAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 before filling details in the application form of LFAT. This article will highlight some important information related to LFAT Eligibility Criteria 2019.
Overview of LFAT 2019
The candidates are advised to know the facts about LFAT first before proceeding further which are mentioned below.
|Name of the examination||Law Faculty Admission Test|
|Commonly known as||LFAT|
|Conducting body||Allahabad University|
|Level of Examination||University level|
|Degree offered||BA, LLB|
|Seats Reserved||SC category students- 15%,
ST category students- 7.5%
OBC category students- 27%
LFAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates are recommended to read the eligibility criteria and fulfill it before the filling up the application form of LFAT 2019. If the candidates fail to meet the eligibility criteria, the university will have all the right to cancel their candidature at any given point. Therefore, it is necessary for the candidates to meet the requisite eligibility criteria rather than wasting their hard earned money.
The candidates will be able to check the eligibility criteria which are mentioned underneath.
- The candidates will have to be 12th standard qualified or equivalent from a recognized central or state educational board of India.
- The candidates belonging from the general category will have to secure a minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates belonging from Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe will have to obtain a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates belonging from Other Backward Class category will need to secure a minimum of 42% marks in the qualifying examination.
Age criteria: There is no age bar for applying in the examination i.e. there is no maximum age limit to apply for LFAT 2019 (Hon’ble Supreme court has abolished the maximum age limit to appear in any of the law exams in India)
The candidates will be able to understand from the table mentioned below.
|Category of Candidates||Eligibility Criteria for LFAT 2019||Age Limit|
|Candidates of General category||45% of the qualifying examination||20 years (as on 1st July 2019)|
|Candidates of SC/ST||40% of the qualifying examination||22 years (as on 1st July 2019)|
|Candidates of OBC||42% of the qualifying examination||20 years (as on 1st July 2019)|
Reservation of Seats for LFAT 2019
In accordance with provision of Section 9 of the University of Allahabad Act, 2005 (Act no. 26 of 2005) seats shall be reserved for Schedule Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category candidates in all subject for which the admission test will be held in accordance with the points mentioned below.
- The candidates belonging form Schedule Caste (SC) category will reserve 15% of the total seats in each subject/course.
- The candidates belonging from Schedule Tribe (ST) category will reserve 7.5% of the total seats in each subject/course.
- The candidates of OBC category will reserve 27% of the total seats in each subject/course.
If you still want to clear any of your doubts on LFAT eligibility criteria 2019, then feel free to post the same in the comment section below.