LFAT 2019 – The term ‘LFAT’ means Law Faculty Admission Test that is organized by the Allahabad University. It is a common law entrance test for all the aspirants who wish to be a part of Judiciary & solicitation in future. This common entrance test will provide aspirants to take admission in various UG and PG law programs every year. Students take this exam very seriously as it is conducted by the University of Allahabad which is India’s top-rated central university. Aspirants will be able to fill the LFAT application form 2019 on the official website of University of Allahabad with their personal details. In this blog we will highlight some of the key issues related of LFAT 2019 like how to fill the LFAT application form 2019, what is the eligibility criteria for LFAT, The exam pattern of LFAT, Exam dates etc.
Before knowing the LFAT more let’s look the other UG and PG entrance exams conducted by the University of Allahabad.
Allahabad University Entrance Exam 2019
Below is the list of the exams which will be conducted by University of Allahabad in the year 2019 to offer admission in different courses;
- 3 years Law Admission Test 2019 popularly known as LAT 2019
- Five Year BA LLB (Hons) Integrated Course Admission Test is popularly known as LFAT 2019
- LLM 2019
- Postgraduate Admission Test 2019
- MBA (MONIBRA) Admission Test 2019
- Undergraduate Admission Test 2019
- Institute of Professional Studies Admission Test 2019
- MBARD (GBPSSI) Admission Test 2019
- CRET 2019
- Ed 2019
- Ed 2019
Let’s have an overview of LFAT 2019 exam so that students will have the clear idea of the exam and conducting body:
|Name of the Exam||B.A. LL.B Admission Test organized by University of Allahabad|
|Popularly known as||LFAT|
|Organizing body||University of Allahabad|
|Level of entrance exam||University level|
|Reserved Seats in LFAT||
SC category students- 15%,
ST category students- 7.5%
OBC category students- 27%
LFAT Application Form 2019
Aspirants must know that the LFAT Application Form 2019 will be available to them from the third week of April 2019. Students who are seeking admission in UG and PG law programs through LFAT 2019 will be able to fill the registration and application form at the official website of University of Allahabad. This course is an integrated law course i.e. 5 year BA LLB (Hons.) course. Although the students first have to make a valid profile and register themselves on the University of Allahabad before filling of the LFAT application form 2019 online. The student will also have to submit the required fee online at the time of submitting the LFAT application form 2019.
Below is the table which will highlight the important dates and events of LFAT 2019 for the aspirants as a quick view:
|Particulars of LFAT 2019||Date of Events|
|The date of issue of notification- LFAT 2019||The second week of April 2019|
|Date of filling of LFAT Application 2019||The third week of April 2019|
|Last date to apply for LFAT 2019||The second week of May 2019|
|Start date of downloading Admit cards LFAT 2019||The third week of May 2019|
|Date of final exam LFAT 2019||Fourth week of May 2019|
|Date of announcement of Final Results||The third week of June 2019|
LFAT Application Fee 2019
Aspirants must note that the application fee for each course and for various student category will be different. Students will be able to submit the LFAT fee 2019 only through online mode i.e. debit card/ credit card/net banking/wallet etc. Below is the table which clarifies the fees of LFAT student category wise:
|Category of Students||A fee of LFAT 2019|
|For General students||INR 1500/-|
|For OBC Category students||INR 1500/-|
|For SC/ST/PH Category students||INR 750/-|
LFAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
It is highly recommended for the aspirants to read the eligibility criteria and fulfill it before the filing of LFAT application form 2019. In absence of meeting the eligibility criteria, the university has all the rights to cancel the candidature of aspirants at any given point even the student has filled the application form and paid the application fee. Thus it is necessary for the students rather than to waste their hard money kindly read the eligibility criteria carefully and then fill the LFAT application form 2019.
Following are the minimum eligibility criteria for the aspirants who wish to take admission in five year law course:
- The student will have to pass 10+2 or equivalent course (class 12th) examination from a recognized central or state education board of India.
- In case of general category students, they will have to secure the at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
- In case of OBC category students, they will have to secure the at least 42% marks in the qualifying exam.
- In case of SC/ST category, they will have to secure the at least 40% marks in the qualifying exam.
- There is no maximum age limit to apply for LFAT 2019 (Hon’ble Supreme court has abolished the maximum age limit to appear in any of the law exams in India)
A quick table will give a clear idea what is course eligibility for LFAT 2019
|Category of Students||Eligibility Criteria for LFAT 2019||Age Limit|
|General Category Students||45% marks in the qualifying exam.||20 Years (as on 1st July 2019)|
|OBC Category Students||42% marks in the qualifying exam.||20 Years (as on 1st July 2019)|
|SC/ST Category Students||40% marks in the qualifying exam||22 Years (as on 1st July 2019)|
The Process of Filling the LFAT Application Form 2019
There is the proper way to fill the application form of LFAT 2019. The University of Allahabad has given step by step process for the aspirants to fill the LFAT application form 2019 on it’s the official website. Here are the following steps which aspirant must follow to complete the registration process and filling the application process on the official website of the university of Allahabad.
- On the very first step, students will have to visit the official website of the university of Allahabad.
- After reaching on the official website of Allahabad university, the student will have to find the link mentioning ‘LFAT 2019’ and then click on it.
- Soon after the click on ‘LFAT 2019’ a fresh LFAT application form 2019 webpage will be displayed in front of the student.
- Now the student will be required to fill all the necessary personal and educational details on it. The student will also have to upload the scanned copies of certificates, signature and passport size photograph on the LFAT application form 2019 online.
- It is necessary for the students to make the online payment of fee while submitting the application form. LFAT application fee 2019 will be different for each student category i.e. INR 1500/- for general and OBC category of students and INR 750 for SC/ST/PH category students.
- After remitting the required fee the application form will be considered complete and the student will be asked to submit the LFAT application form 2019. After submission student is suggested to take print out of their application form for future use.
LFAT Exam Pattern 2019
The most important thing in any entrance exam is that the student must know the exam pattern. Law aspirants who would like to appear in LFAT 2019 also wish to know the Exam pattern in advance so that they can prepare themselves for this reputed common law entrance test. The university will release a detailed exam pattern for LFAT 2019 which will include the following general topics;
- 1st Paper- Language comprehension
- 2nd Paper- General Awareness & Current Affairs
- 3rd Paper- Mental Ability, Reasoning, and Legal Aptitude.
LFAT Exam Centers 2019
A student who is going to appear for LFAT 2019, they should be aware of the exam centers so that they can make an arrangement accordingly. While filling up the application form of LFAT 2019, students will get a chance to check the exam centers and select the best one as per their convenience and proximity. There will be a complete long list of exam centers among which the student will have to select the suitable one. Most importantly once the exam center will be allotted to the student by the LFAT authorities it will not be changed in any case later on.
LFAT Admit Card 2019
The University of Allahabad University will release and disperse the LFAT Admit Card 2019 in the first week of May 2019. Students can access and download their respective admit cards through their registered accounts made on the official website of the University of Allahabad. Students are advised to take two or three copies of admit card as in case of an emergency like lost, torn or stolen they may use it’s duplicate copy. The student will have to keep this admit card safe till the admission process get over.
LFAT Result 2019
Soon after the Final exam of LFAT 2019, the University of Allahabad will declare/announce the final LFAT Result 2019. Students will be able to check their results on their registered accounts at the official website. The LFAT Result 2019 will mention the total marks scored by the candidate in LFAT 2019. On the basis of the marks secured the final merit list will be prepared by the university for the counselling purpose.
LFAT Counselling 2019
Only the students who have appeared in LFAT 2019 and successfully passed the LFAT 2019 exam will get a call from the university for the LFAT counselling in 2019. This counselling process will have a personal (face-to-face) interaction of the student with officials at the defined venue. The counselling venue will be communicated to the students through online and only those will get the seat who will successfully pass the interview and submit the final fee to the University for Law Admission.
FAQs about LFAT 2019
Question: I have realized that I have made a mistake in the submitted application form of LFAT 2019. Can I change now?
Answer: No. Students will not be allowed to make a correction after the final submission of LFAT application form.
Question: Which documents I have to send physically along with the application form at the Allahabad University?
Answer: Please note that Student need not send any hard copy or documents to the university. However, the student is advised to take a hard copy of application form for future use.
Question: Shall I apply more than 1 course in Allahabad University entrance exam?
Answer: You may apply for all the courses in which you meet the eligibility criteria.
Question: Is there any provision to fill the LFAT 2019 application form through offline mode?
Answer: No. It is available only online.
Question: I have given class 12th exam and my result is awaited. Can I apply for UG course?
Answer: Yes, appearing students can also apply for LFAT 2019.
Question: Is there any maximum age limit to appear in LFAT 2019 exam?