LAT Exam Pattern 2019 – LAT Exam Pattern will be decided and announced officially by Allahabad University with the notification in the mid of April 2019. The candidates who are looking forward to pursue the law course of 3-year from this university or its affiliated colleges will have to qualify LAT 2019. For this, the first step after applying for the exam successfully would be to learn about LAT exam pattern 2019. With this, the aspirants will be able to get clarity of the paper layout, sections that will come in the exam, subjects included in the syllabus of LAT, time duration within which they need to finish the paper, type and number of questions in the paper, marking scheme, and much more. According to the norms regarding LAT exam pattern as fixed by the university, there will be three sections in the paper and these are General Awareness, Current Affair & Reasoning, Language Comprehension and Mental Ability & Legal Aptitude.
From this article, the applicants will get to know about LAT exam pattern details, paper layout, marking scheme, section wise marks distribution, time duration, weightage of each question, type of questions, difficulty level, mode of exam and much more.
LAT Exam Pattern 2019 (Overview)
The below given table contains the sections and the subjects that will be included in the exam pattern of LAT 2019. The mark distribution for these sections is also mentioned. The candidates are supposed to go through the same before preparing for the exam.
|II||General Awareness & Current Affair & Reasoning||100|
|III||Mental Ability & Legal Aptitude||100|
LAT Exam Pattern 2019 (Details)
The candidates can get aware of the detailed information of LAT exam pattern from the below given facts. Right from the examination mode to the marking scheme, test duration and types of questions, the applicants will have to know everything before starting their preparation for LAT exam. Let’s get familiar with various parameters that are covered in LAT exam pattern 2019:
Mode of Exam
- LAT 2019 exam will be organized by Allahabad University in offline mode.
- In this mode, the applicants will have to make the use of paper and pen to solve the questions.
- OMR sheet will be given to the applicants to tick mark the answers in it.
- The candidates are supposed to read the instructions about LAT 2019 as given in the admit card before appearing for the paper.
- The university will give total time of 2 hours to the candidates.
- They need to complete all the sections of the paper within this time limit only.
- There will not be any time restriction for each section of the paper.
- No extra time will be granted in case of reserved category candidates.
Number of Questions
- The total questions that will be asked in the paper are 150.
- As per the section wise distribution, 100 marks will be there for each section of Language Comprehension, Mental Ability & Legal Aptitude and General Awareness, Current Affair & Reasoning.
Type of Questions
- The type of questions in LAT 2019 exam will be both objective and subjective.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to attempt both type of questions that will be from the topics like Mental Ability & Legal Aptitude, Language Comprehension and General Awareness, Current Affair & Reasoning.
- There will be total 300 marks in the paper.
- For each right answer, applicants will be granted two marks.
- For each incorrect answer, there will be the deduction of 0.5 marks.
LAT Syllabus 2019
Section I – Language Comprehension
- This part of the paper will be divided into two sections and these are Hindi Language Comprehension and Covering English Language Comprehension. It is mandatory for the applicants to carry linguistic skills in Hindi as well as English languages.
- In both the parts, there will be the topics like synonyms, figures of speech, antonyms, passages for comprehension, , knowledge of proverbs, homonyms, grammar, vocabulary, syntax, words commonly confused, phrases, one-word substitution, idioms, spellings, legal terms and precise writing.
- The candidates are supposed to prepare well and cover the above given topics before appearing for the exam.
Section II – General Awareness & Current Affairs
- This part of the paper contains the topics related to General Awareness and Current Affairs. These will be Indian and World History, International Organizations, Geography, International Political and Economic Perspectives, Environment, Regional, Indian Culture, Contemporary National, Indian National Movement, Treaties, Science and Technology etc.
Section III – Reasoning, Mental Ability & Legal Aptitude
- In this section of the exam paper, the applicants will be assessed on Mental Ability and reasoning skills, analogy, Mathematical analysis, syllogism, classification, deductive reasoning, logical fallacy, odd-even discretion, agreement and disagreement.
- The questions will also come from legal or constitutional practice and principles etc.
Things to Remember about LAT Exam Pattern 2019
- Allahabad University is the leading authority to announce the exam pattern for LAT 2019.
- The applicants must be aware of the paper layout, types of questions, section wise marks distribution, mode of exam, time duration etc before commencing their preparation for the exam.
- To make the best study planning and strategies, exam pattern must be clear to all the aspirants.
- With the help of LAT Exam Pattern 2019, the applicants will be able to know about the difficulty level of the questions and much more.
- Proper time management in the examination hall while giving the paper is quite important and this can be possible only if the candidates pay attention to the exam pattern.
- To avoid last minute doubts about the question paper and stay away from the surprises during the examination, it is necessary for the applicants to go through the LAT exam pattern in advance.
- Understanding about the mode of exam, medium of paper, type of questions etc will surely guide the candidates to prepare well for this law aptitude test.
This is all about the LAT exam pattern 2019. Hope you get the clear picture of everything related to the pattern of the paper. For further doubt or query, contact us.