LAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 – will be set by Allahabad University which is the leading authority to manage everything related to LAT 2019. There are certain set of norms that the candidates need to fulfill before applying for admission process of various 3-year law courses in the university. The eligibility conditions involve minimum and maximum age requirements, educational qualification and marks of the candidates in the qualifying exam. It is necessary for the law aspirants to read the eligibility criteria for LAT 2019 before directly jumping to the application process. This is because if the candidates do not fulfill even a single norm of eligibility, the authority will not consider them to be apt for LAT 2019. As per the eligibility norms set by the university, the candidates must have the degree of Graduation from any reputed university or college with minimum of 45% marks in aggregate. The university has the right to cancel the candidature of the applicants in case of ineligibility.
This article is about LAT eligibility norms prescribed by the authority, facts about the same, detailed information of the age criteria, educational qualification requirements etc, significance of the eligibility criteria and what the candidates need to do after ensuring their eligibility for LAT 2019.
LAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 Important Facts
- The candidates are suggested to go through the eligibility conditions specified by the university before applying for LAT 2019 else the authority will reject the application in case of ineligibility.
- Those who fail to meet any of the eligibility norms mentioned above cannot go ahead to appear in the application and registration process of LAT. If they do so, the authority reserves the right to cancel the candidature at any stage of admission process.
- The candidates cannot fool the authority in this regard as this is the first thing that the officials check after receiving the application. They verify each and every detail with the documents provided by the candidates.
- The candidates must check their exact percentage of marks in the qualifying exam from the mark sheet and then see whether they match with the minimum score specified by the authority under eligibility norms.
LAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 Details
The details related to LAT eligibility criteria 2019 are given below. The candidates need to ensure whether they are meeting these requirements or not. Only then they can go ahead to submit the application for LAT 2019.
Educational Qualifications and minimum marks
- The candidates must carry the degree of Graduation in any stream from some reputed college or university in India or abroad.
- The applicants who fall under General category must have attained the minimum marks of 45% in the qualifying exam that comes in the pattern of 10+20+3.
- Those who are from the categories of SC and ST must carry the minimum score of 40% in the Graduation degree or other equivalent exam.
- According to the decision of Allahabad High Court, the age limitation for LAT exam has already been eradicated.
- As of now there is no age bar on the candidates who wish to apply for LAT 2019.
Other Eligibility Requirements
- If the candidates are still in the final year of their Graduation or equivalent degree course or waiting for the results of the final year exams, they are eligible to fill the LAT application form provided they meet the criteria of minimum score in the qualifying exam.
- The applicants who have done their Graduation or other equivalent degree course through distant learning will not be eligible to appear for LAT 2019 as they are not allowed to take admission in various LLB courses as per BCI.
These are the conditions of eligibility that the candidates must fulfil if they are willing to give LAT exam 2019 and qualify the same to pursue three years law programmes.
Importance of Knowing LAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Fulfilling the LAT eligibility criteria is the foremost step to take part in the admission process of various law courses from Allahabad University and its affiliated colleges.
- It is therefore mandatory for the law aspirants to learn about each and every condition mentioned under the criteria and ensure whether they are matching the minimum requirements related to qualification, age or marks or not.
- If not, there is no use of filling the application form and depositing the fee as the university will reject the registration once the proper verification of the details will be made.
- Even if the applicants ignore the fact that they are ineligible and initiate the process of registration and fee submission, the authority will cancel the candidature at any stage of the admission process.
- The fee amount in this case will not be refundable.
What if the Candidates Fulfil the LAT Eligibility Criteria 2019?
- Those who meet the LAT eligibility criteria 2019 can complete the process of registration and application submission through online mode.
- They need to visit the website of Allahabad University and get the registration done online.
- The login credentials will be used to access the application form online and fill the same with correct details.
- The application fee deposition can be made online or offline while submitting the form.
- The candidates need to submit the completely filled form else the authority will reject it.
- After successful submission, they need to wait for the admit card that is the hall ticket for appearing in LAT exam 2019.
This is the complete guide of LAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 that all the law aspirants who want to apply for the exam need to learn. In case of any doubt, you can always get in touch with us.