LAT Counselling 2019 – LAT Counselling will be held in the 2nd week of July 2019 and Allahabad University is the apex body to organize the same. The authority will declare the list of the candidates in the form of merit that are eligible to appear in LAT counselling 2019. These candidates will be short listed on the basis of their marks in the written exam and ranking as per the score. The university will send the call letter to the candidates mentioning the details of counselling like date, time, venue, documents etc. LAT counselling will be the offline process and the candidates are supposed to appear physically at the place of counselling. The short listed candidates will have to download the form of counselling from the web portal of the university and fill it completely. The candidates need to carry this form while appearing for counselling.
After successful completion of this process, the applicants will be given admission to the law courses of three years. This article is all about the details of LAT counselling 2019, process of the same, schedule, seat allotment, facts about counselling and much more.
Important Dates: LAT Counselling 2019
The shortlisted applicants must keep themselves abreast of the schedule related to LAT counselling. They must read the required events and dates from the below given table:
|LAT exam 2019||Third week of May 2019|
|Declaration of LAT Result 2019||Second week of June 2019|
|Commencement of LAT Counselling 2019||Second week of July 2019|
Facts about LAT Counselling 2019
After the announcement of cut off and merit list by Allahabad University, the shortlisted applicants are supposed to take part in counselling process. LAT counselling will be commenced begin from the second week of July 2019. It is basically the offline process where the candidates need to visit the place of counselling on the specified date and time. The below given facts about LAT counselling need to be considered by the candidates while appearing for the process:
- The candidates must go through the details of counselling like date, timing and place as mentioned in the call letter.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to bring the specified documents on the day of LAT counselling.
- These documents will be their admit card, score card, ranking etc for the purpose of verification.
- Before visiting the venue of counselling, the candidates are expected to download the form from the website of the university and fill the same accurately without any mistake.
- The candidates are supposed to bring the counselling form to the venue else they will not be able to appear for the process.
- In case the applicants will not make to come on time at the counselling place, the next applicant as per the merit list will be given the seat.
- This case will also be applicable to the candidates whose candidature will be cancelled by the authority due to some reason.
- After the verification of the documents, the seat will be allotted to the candidates for the particular law course.
- In the final round, the candidates need to submit the mentioned documents and make the payment of the course fee.
- The applicants will have to report the given college on the specified date and time.
Procedure for LAT Counselling 2019
- The authority will calculate the score of the candidates and publish the result online.
- The cut off marks will be released by the university and the applicants who qualify the exam will be short listed for counselling process of LAT.
- As per the cut off score, the merit list will be published that contains the ranking of the candidates as per their marks in the exam.
- The applicants will be sent the call letters through email mentioning about the counselling details like centre, date, timing and list of important documents.
- The candidates are also instructed to download the counselling form online and bring the completely filled form to the centre of counselling.
- The allotment of seats and reservations for LAT 2019 will be specified by UGC, Indian government and BCI.
- The category wise reservation of seats in LAT 2019 is given below:
|Category||Reservation of Seats (Percentage)|
|ST or Scheduled Tribes||7.50%|
|SC or Scheduled Caste||15%|
|OBC or Other Backward||27%|
|PH or Physically Handicapped||3%|
Necessary Documents for LAT Counselling 2019
The candidates who are selected to take part in LAT counselling 2019 are supposed to bring the below given documents:
- Hard copy of LAT score card or result 2019
- LAT Admit card 2019
- Qualifying Exam Mark-sheets
- Hard copy of LAT application form 2019
- DOB Proof or certificate of class 10th
- Caste certificate for the categories of SC or OBC or ST
- Certificate of PH or Sports or NCC if applicable
Important Points about LAT Counselling 2019
- LAT counselling is the offline process that will be organized by Allahabad University after the release of final merit list of the candidates.
- The applicants are supposed to follow the instructions written on the call letter provided by the university.
- They need to reach the place of counselling on the mentioned date and time.
- The verification of the necessary documents will be done by the authority officials to check the eligibility of the candidates.
- Those who do not bring the specified documents in the day of counselling will have to face the rejection in the admission process for 3 year law course.
- The seat allotment will be done on the basis of the ranking and choice of the candidates.
- The final allotment of seats will only be made after the successful verification of the documents.
- The candidates need to deposit the course fee amount then and there to block the seat in the law college.
The above-mentioned content contains all the details about LAT counselling 2019. In case of any further doubt or query, feel free to connect with us.