IPU CET Law 2019 – IPU CET Law 2019 popularly known as Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test, is a university level law entrance exam, usually organized by the IPU University. But this year, there is an update that the university can give admission on the basis of national level entrance test i.e. CLAT 2019. Hence, all the rules and schedule applicable for CLAT 2019 will be applicable on IPU University Law Admissions 2019. IPU University offers admission to various level of PG, UG and other courses in the field of management, engineering, law, medical, computer applications, nursing etc. As far as, admission in MBBS & BDS courses are concerned students will get admission through NEET scores. On the basis of CLAT 2019 scores, admission will be given at Indraprastha University and its affiliated institutes.
In this article, students will see the IPU CET Law 2019 details which include eligibility criteria, dates, new application form, etc.
IPU CET Law Exam Date 2019 based on CLAT 2019
Let’s see the tentative schedule of IPU CET Law 2019 which is exactly same as CLAT 2019:
Date of submission
of the application
|Date of Exam||Result declaration|
|LLB||The first week of May 2019||12th May 2019 (CLAT 2019)||Last week of May 2019|
|MBA||The first week of May 2019||Last week of May 2019||The second week of June 2019|
|BBA||The first week of May 2019||Last week of May 2019||The second week of June 2019|
|B.Sc. Nursing||The second week of April 2019||Fourth week of April 2019||The first week of May 2019|
|B. Tech||The first week of May 2019||The second week of May 2019||Fourth week of May 2019|
|BCA||The first week of May 2019||The second week of May 2019||Fourth week of May 2019|
|MBBS/BDS||–||Through NEET UG||–|
|MBA (IT)||The second week of April 2019||3rd week of April 2019||The first week of May 2019|
|MCA/MCA (SE)||The first week of May 2019||3rd week of May 2019||Fourth week of May 2019|
|B.Ed.||The first week of May 2019||The second week of May 2019||Fourth week of May 2019|
IPU CET Law Application Form 2019
- The student will be able to access IPU CET law application form 2019 through official website only.
- Online forms will be available in the month of March or April 2019 (as per the courses).
- Students have to upload the scanned images of signature, passport size photograph and left-hand thumb impression on the IPU CET website.
- One must note that Images will be in the form of JPG, JPEG and GIF format.
- Through their login credentials, students will be able to apply for multiple courses
- The student will make sure they should have multiple copies of result for future use.
Application Fee 2019:
- 1000/- will be the application fee for each course.
- The fee will be paid only via online mode using net banking and debit/credit card.
- The student must note that the application fee will be non-refundable in any case.
IPU CET Law Eligibility Criteria 2019
A student may check the below table for the eligibility criteria for various courses.
Note: Students whose results are awaited, are having compartment or supplementary in exams are also eligible to apply.
|Courses offered||Eligibility Criteria|
|LLB||The student will have to pass Class 12th or equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks with English subject. They also need to present their CLAT 2019 score.|
|MBA||The student will have to pass 3-year bachelor degree or equivalent in any stream with 50% marks in aggregate.|
|BCA||The student will have to pass 12th class or equivalent exam passed with at least 50% marks (with compulsory passing marks in English and Mathematics/Computer Science subjects)|
|M. Tech||The student will have to pass B. Tech, Grad. IETE, AMIE, B.E., M. Sc. MCA with minimum 60% marks aggregate.|
|LLM||The student will have to secure LLB or equivalent law degree with minimum 50% marks aggregate.|
|MCA||The student will have to secure bachelor degree in any stream with securing 50% marks with Mathematics & English subjects at 10+2 level.|
|B. Tech.||The student will have to pass the class 12th exam (PCM subjects) with 55% marks and also pass the English exam.|
IPU CET Law Exam Pattern 2019
Below is the IPU CET law exam pattern 2019:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will purely be organized through pen and paper mode. Students have to write exam paper physically.
- Pattern: The exam pattern will comprise Objective type questions or MCQs and students have to mark the answer on the OMR sheet.
- Answering Style: Student will use the black or blue ballpoint pen to circle OMR sheet.
- of Questions: Total 150 questions will be asked on the final exam.
- Marking Scheme: Here for every correct answer given 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. More than one answer marked will also be considered as wrong and mark will be deducted.
IPU CET Law Syllabus 2019
The student can check the below-mentioned sections which are generally asked in the CET Law exam:
- English Grammar and Comprehension: The segment assesses a student’s English language abilities. English Language and Comprehension area involve distinctive subjects including Narration, Prepositions, Comprehension, Articles, Sentence Construction, and
- General Knowledge: This area of IPU CET Law 2019 tests the general awareness of the students and incorporates questions related with the accompanying themes i.e. Science and Technology, National Culture and History, Geography and Natural Resources, International Affairs, and Current National Events.
- Reasoning ability: Reasoning Section incorporates the essential thinking aptitudes where inquiries will be of Numerical and Logical Reasoning.
- Legal Ability: This area will check the capacity to get a handle on fundamental legal information of terms. The questions will involve subjects including Application of Legal Principles and General Legal Awareness & Understanding
IPU CET Law Admission 2019 will be held on the basis of CLAT 2019 which is scheduled to be held on 12th May 2019. The IPU CET admit cards 2019 will be available in the second week of May 2019. Let’s see the below table for the paper pattern and marking.
Section-wise break-up of marks and questions – PU CET Law Syllabus 2019
|Subjects||Number of questions||% of marks|
|English Language including Comprehension||25||25|
How to Prepare for IPU CET Law 2019
- Firstly, the student should prepare a proper time table and then divide time into each section properly.
- The student will have to look out all the details about the exam pattern and syllabus.
- The student will have to take help from the reference books and other study materials available on the internet.
- The student will try to take help and solve previous year questions paper to score well in the exam
- Eat good and healthy food and take proper rest/sleep.
IPU CET Law Admit Card 2019
- Before one week from the date of examination, the admit cards will be released to the students. IPU CET Law admit card 2019 will no more be needed by the candidates as there will be no exam on university level.
- Students will have to carry 2 copies of the photograph the same which were uploaded at the time of application at the exam center.
- Students will have to bring 2 printouts of the admit card. Students have to keep the 1 copy of the admit card with him after getting it signed by the Invigilator and another copy will be handed over to the invigilator at the exam room for university records.
IPU CET Law Result 2019
- The IPU CET Law result 2019 will be declared online and the student will check the result on official website.
- The IPU CET Law result 2019 will be declared for the students within two weeks after the completion of the exam.
- A final merit list will be prepared after the final result declaration. Students will get a chance to participate in the counselling process as per their merit.
IPU CET Counselling 2019
- The counselling process will be structured through offline mode. As per the availability of seats, it will be conducted in several rounds.
- Students will have to appear at the already given counselling venue on the given date and time to participate in the counselling process. Students will have to bring necessary documents along with the photocopies at the counselling center.
- Students will have to submit Rs. 1000/- as counselling fee which is purely nonrefundable. As per the student’s merit, given seats will be offered. Students will get a chance to choose from the available options at their turn.
- Students who will get confirmed seat during counselling have to pay the informed fee immediately. After the fee payment, the student will receive an admission slip.
FAQs (Most Asked Question)
Question: What is the release date of IPU CET Law application form 2019?
Answer: It will be available on the official website with proper notification in the month of March or April 2019 (as per the courses).
Question: Which documents necessary to be uploaded online with the application form?
Answer: Student will have to upload scanned images of signature, photograph, and left-hand thumb impression.
Question: Is there any way to submit the CET Law application fee via offline mode?
Answer: No, fee payment will be done through online mode only, no offline mode is available.
Question: If someone has a compartment in Maths in class 12th. Will he/she eligible to apply?
Answer: Yes, they are eligible.
Question: What are the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the LLM course?
Answer: Check the eligibility criteria from the above-given section of the blog.
For any other inquiries about IPU CET Law 2019, you may leave your comment below.