DU LLB Seat Allotment 2019 – The counseling sessions for the DU LLB program is expected to begin the month of July 2019. Candidates included in the merit list will be invited to participate in the counseling process where the DU LLB Seat Allotment 2019 will be made. Candidates must register online to participate in the counselling. In the counselling process of DU LLB, applicants will be allocated a seat in three-year program of LLB course at numerous partaking institutions. For this, the qualifying applicants will go through various stages of counseling and DU LLB Seat Allotment 2019 process. The DU LLB consulting rounds include document authentication, the seat allocation procedure
DU LLB Seat Allotment 2019: Process Overview
- Upon completion of the review of the documents, the seat allocation procedure begins.
- The seat is assigned to the candidates on the basis of their rank, the category of the candidate, the available seats and the preferred selection of course
- The candidate is expected to be present physically at the time of the seat assignment
- If one of the candidates is not present at the time of the seat assignment, his candidacy will be canceled and the seat will be assigned to the next candidate.
- In order to confirm your seat at the assigned college, the applicant must carry all necessary certificates together with the registration letter.
DU LLB Seat Allotment 2019: Number of Seats Available
The University of Delhi offers approvals in three campuses. The partaking institutions and number of available seats are indicated below.
|Partaking Institutions||No of seats offered|
|Campus Law Center||886|
|Law Center II||886|
|Law Centre I||886|
|Total Seats offered||2658|
Seat Availability across Various Categories
According to the requirements of the rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, no less than five percent (5%) seats are earmarked for candidates with benchmark disabilities.
Five percent (5%) of seats are earmarked for candidates under Reservation of Armed Forces (CW) categories, program-wise in all branches. All CW Candidates must upload the concession for education certificate as per the attached format, which should be dispensed any of the concerned authorities.
The DU LLB Seat allotment 2019 will be performed with special reservation to the children/widows of brigadiers and men of the armed services, comprising paramilitary workforces in the subsequent order of preference:
- Widows/children of the defense workforces executed in action;
- Defense employees who are in service or withdraw from the service of disabled persons due to military service
- Widows/children of defense officers who expired in harmony while in armed service
- Children of defense personnel who are obstructed in times of peace and off board with a disability due to military service.
DU LLB Seat Allotment 2019: Important Guidelines
- Candidates who fall under any reserved category who are able to gain admission in the unreserved/ general category after meeting all the requirements of the non-reserved categories of candidates have the choice of whichever conceding to the reserved category or under their corresponding categories.
- If an applicant privileges a reservation underneath more than one category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/CW), he should specify the appropriate categories in the application form filled for the entrance exam.
- In the case of applicants with more than one category of reservation, the reservation will be shortened by the existing reservations of SC/ST/OBC; Widows/Stations of officers and men of the armed forces according to the principle of locking the reservation.
- The reservation for OBC applicants is only approved on the source of the central list.
- Unoccupied seats in an earmarked category are presented to other entitled candidates
- Surplus seats, if unoccupied, may not be offered to any candidate.
- Foreigners must submit an application for admission via Dean, Foreign to entitle a seat.
- There will be sub-reservations for physically handicapped applicants under every earmarked category so that a disabled SC/ST/OBC candidate would be preferred over a capable SC/ST/OBC candidate.
- Each vacant seat in the category ST can be filled in by the SC category and vice versa.
This is all about the seat allotment process of DU BA LLB 2019. Go ahead and share your comments in the box below to get an opinion of our experts.