DU LLB Eligibility Criteria 2019 – The University of Delhi will be announcing the DU LLB Eligibility Criteria 2019 in the second week of May 2019. Candidates who are willing to apply for the LLB courses are recommended to go through the before completing the application form. Key details are encompassed in the eligibility criteria for DU LLB 2019 are required to be satisfied to seek inclusion in the three-year law program, basic prerequisites required to enter the University of Delhi Examination and the final aggregate score rendering to the criteria set by the Central University. It is imperative to comply with all the DU LLB Eligibility Criteria 2019 in order to evade a termination of candidacy at any stage of admission. The eligibility criteria will vary according to the applicant’s category. The application form of DU LLB 2019 is anticipated to be accessible online from the second week of June 2019 and the applicants will be asked to check the registration standards before application. Provided that the below-mentioned minimum qualifications do not inevitably permit a candidate to obtain admission to an institution, but only the candidate concerned is eligible to satisfy other DU LLB Eligibility Criteria 2019 which are enclosed by the institution concerned.
DU LLB Eligibility Criteria 2019: Educational Qualifications and Age Norms
- An applicant who is recognized in any discipline of knowledge by any university recognized by the University of Delhi who has attained the graduated status may appear for this exam.
- For general and Other Backward Classes (OBC) Applicants: Applicants should hold a degree or Post graduation degree from the University of Delhi or another affiliated university or foreign university acknowledged by the University of Delhi as equivalent.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST category need to have secured 40% in their qualifying exams
- Candidates must have at least 50% mark or equal grade in the cumulative or either one of them. However, there is a 10% relaxation in the cumulative scores for candidates belonging to the OBC category when compared to the students from General category.
- Candidates from OBC category will have a relaxation of up to 5% when compared to the general category candidates. The candidates must secure 45% aggregate in the qualifying exams.
- If an applicant holds a postgraduate degree or appears last year, the postgraduate exam can also be applied for the DU LLB 2019 Entrance Exam.
- Relaxations of up to 5% marks in the minimum requirement from the general candidates are provided to the applicants fitting to physically handicapped (PH) sort as per the endorsements from the Medical Board.
- According to the Supreme Court of India, the age limit for all Entrance exams was eliminated. Thus, the aspirants of any age group can apply for DU LLB 2019.
DU LLB Eligibility Criteria 2019: Reservation of Seats
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy)||27%|
|Persons with disability||3%|
|Widows/Wards of Armed Force Personnel||5%|
DU LLB Eligibility Criteria 2019: Mark Requirement
|Other backward classes||40%|
|Persons with disability||45%|
|Widows/Wards of Armed Force Personnel||45%|
DU LLB Eligibility Criteria 2019: Key Points to Note
- Applicants who claim a reservation under more than one category must provide all the relevant category details when updating the DU LLB application form 2019.
- Reservations for OBC candidates can be issued on the basis of the central list.
- If there are vacant slots available in any of the SC/ST category, those may be entitled to be filled in by either of the candidates.
- The vacant reservation category seats may be allotted to eligible candidates if required.
It is very vital for the applicants to check their eligibility criteria and if a candidate found to produce any duplicate information at the time of admission, then his candidacy will be canceled right there. In addition, it will also help the candidates to know their requirements and prepare as such. Therefore, it is important for all candidates to read every single point of the DU LLB Eligibility Criteria 2019, which has been determined by the Central University of DU LLB 2019.