CUSAT CAT LLB Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2019 – CUSAT CAT 2019 is a university level admission test which is expected to take place in the month of May 2019 for aspirants who are seeking admission to the undergraduate legal courses. The exam’s authority is the Cochin University of Science and Technology. Applicants who are interested in the CUSAT CAT 2019 exam can apply online on the official website of CUSAT. The application forms are only published online. All details required for CUSAT CAT 2019 are published here. The CUSAT CAT LLB Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2019 comprises of 150 multiple choice objective questions created to examine English expertise (50 questions) and logical thinking ability (50 questions), 50 questions on aptitude in general knowledge and current affairs, and 25 questions related to legal knowledge. The applicant has the prospect to choose one of the five-year courses based on his ranks. The CUSAT CAT LLB Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2019 gives the test participants with an overview of the entrance exam at the university level.
CUSAT CAT LLB 2019 Exam Pattern
Those candidates who have made their mindset to appear in the entrance test of CUSAT CAT LLB 2019 have to do an ideal preparation. But for this, candidates have to go through the exam pattern to know the overall pattern of the test paper including mode and medium of the exam, time duration, marking scheme, etc.
- Mode – the entrance test of CUSAT CAT LLB 2019 will be conducted in online mode merely
- Medium – the test paper of CUSAT CAT LLB 2019 will have questions in the English language
- Total Marks – total 450 marks of questions will be asked
- of Questions – total 150 questions will be asked in the examination of CUSAT CAT LLB 2019
- Time Duration – 2 hours of time duration will be allotted to the candidates for attempting all the questions
- Marking Scheme – for each correct answer, candidates will be given 3 marks whereas for the incorrect option, 1 mark will be deducted
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25|
CUSAT CAT LLB Syllabus 2019
Besides going through CUSAT CAT LLB 2019 exam pattern, candidates must check the syllabus to know the detailed information about each section and also the topics which are covered under each section from which the questions will be interrogated:
- English – The questions asked in this section aim at checking the grammar, writing skills, vocabulary. Thus, to know the topics covered under this section, go through the following:
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Improvement
- Common Errors
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs – To know the awareness of the candidates regarding the ongoing incidents and about the latest updates, go through the following topics and prepare accordingly:
- Awards and Literature
- Social and Political Issues
- Legal Aptitude – this section comprises of the questions that aim at testing the legal knowledge of the candidates. Therefore, for an ideal preparation of this section, go through the topic below-cited:
- Law of Contract
- Law of Torts
- Legal Sequencing
- Law of Crime
- Company Law
- Administrative Law etc.
- Analytical and Legal Thinking – The questions asked from this section test the problem-solving and decision-making ability of the candidates. Thus, to know the detailed information about the topics in this section, check out the following:
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Binary Logic
- Venn Diagram
- Blood Relations
- Number and Letter Series
Preparation Tips for CUSAT CAT LLB 2019
- First of all, strategize the study plan after going through the exam pattern, syllabus etc.
- Secondly, complete the topics the candidates have the good command over and then move towards the toughest topics
- Solve the question papers of the previous years in order to know the overall pattern of the test paper, distribution of questions, difficulty level of the exam etc.
- Prior to 3 months of the commencement of the exam, start taking online mock tests to learn the time management skills which will be beneficial for the candidates
- Take the help from the mentor or someone who has appeared and cleared the entrance test of CUSAT CAT LLB 2019.
- Also, purchase the reference books for each subject to learn different method or tips and tricks for solving the complicated questions in less time duration
- At last, stay calm and confident
- For each correct answer, three grades are awarded, while for each wrong answer, one grade is deducted from the overall secured score. If a candidate responds to a question with multiple answers, then it is considered wrong, and a negative scoring pattern will apply.
- The overall score of the aspirant is computed with these formulas-Stability 3R -1W. In this implies S CAT score, R is the number of correct answers and W is the number of wrong answers.
- A CUSAT CAT LLB syllabus also specifies the weightage assigned to different units and chapters, knowing which one you can come up with a strategy for preparing the topics as per its importance.
- Format of questions is also defined in the CUSAT CAT LLB curriculum that informs candidates about the nature of the questions asked and several sections in the exam papers. There is also an idea about the distribution of marks in the paper.
- A clear understanding of your curriculum in different sections will surely help you decide the time required to be allocated to each section.
We hope that the above article throws adequate light on different aspects of CUSAT CAT LLB 2019. Post your further queries in the comment section below.