CLAT Syllabus 2019 – CLAT 2019 is seen as the largest law entrance exam in India, to be held in 2nd week of May 2019. CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and conducted every year by National Law Universities (NLUs). It is the dream of every student to qualify CLAT to join a premium law college for higher studies. The apex body will not release CLAT Syllabus 2019 officially and hence, the students will have to refer the secondary sources to get an idea of syllabus of CLAT 2019. The syllabus of UG courses mainly involves English and Reading Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, and Mathematics of 10th level. Also, the Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning sections will become the part to test the IQ level of the students for CLAT 2019.
In this article, the aspirants will get to know about the different topics to be covered under CLAT Syllabus 2019 so that they can start their preparation accordingly.
CLAT Syllabus 2019 for UG Course Will Cover Topics From
- Mathematics (up to 10th class)
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning.
- General Knowledge
- English including Comprehension
CLAT Syllabus 2019 for PG Courses Will Cover Topics From
- Constitutional Law
- Other law subjects such as Torts, Contract, International Law, Environment Law Criminal Law, and Human Rights.
Here we are going to describe the course pattern in details:
CLAT Syllabus 2019 for English and Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary: Antonyms and Synonyms.
- English Proficiency: One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement and Rearrangement, Idioms and Phrases, Cloze Tests and Fill in the blanks.
- Finding Errors: Spotting inappropriate usage of words, Use of Correct Word, Spelling Mistakes (English Usage).
- Reading Comprehension: Paragraph with questions.
- Number Systems
- Square Roots
- Surds and Indices
- Fractions and Decimals
- HCF and LCM
- Ratio and Proportion
- Average and Logarithms
- Profit and Loss
- Areas and Volumes
- Partnership and Discounts
This section assesses your interest towards law and problem-solving ability. The questions will be based on legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions. Following are some important topics:
- International Law
- Indian Constitution
- Legal Terms
- Family Law
- Contracts and Torts.
- Criminal Law
- Legal Maxims
CLAT Syllabus 2019 for General Knowledge and Current Affairs
The syllabus of General Knowledge is really vast and it’s difficult to define. However, there will be questions from the following areas:
- Science &Technology
- Persons and Places
- Static GK & Latest Happening
- Books and Authors.
- Series Completion
- Nonverbal Reasoning
Few of the important topics from CLAT Syllabus 2019 for LLM course for each subject are mentioned below:
- Constitutional Law consists of doctrines, rules, and practices that govern the functioning of a modern state and other political communities. Candidates will be asked questions based on the concepts that they have studied in their graduation.
- Jurisprudence, also known as the “philosophy of law” is classified into three branches: sociological, analytical, and theoretical. The questions in this section will be framed on the basis of the syllabus prescribed in the graduation.
- The Tort Law is comparatively a common law development in India based on codifying statutes that include statutes related to damages. Some of the crucial tortious obligations like Nuisance, Defamation, and Negligence should be revised.
- A contract can be referred to as a piece of legal document which is a mutual agreement made by two or more parties, enforceable at law. The important decisions made by Supreme Court and High Court in relation to modern day commercial activities form a very crucial part of this subject.
- Criminal Law, known as Penal Law is anticipated at regulation of Social code of conduct and prohibition of antisocial activity that poses a threat to the property, safety, health and moral welfare of citizens. Significant topics on principles of criminal liability and (“guilty mind” in Criminal Law) should be given special attention.
- International Law is focused on the set of legal guidelines and contracts that govern the relations between two states or nations. International Laws can be classified into Public International law, Private International Law, and Supranational Law.
If you have any queries regarding CLAT 2019, you can ask your queries in the comment box.