CLAT 2019 – CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test which is considered the largest national level law entrance exam in India. CLAT 2019 will be convened by one of the NLUs to take admissions into law undergraduate and post-graduate programs. Apart from the NLUs, the CLAT score is validated by various other prestigious law colleges across India. There are 19 National Law Universities in India and CLAT 2019 will be the entry ticket for the admission seekers to pursue their higher education in law. CLAT is applicable to admissions into LLB as well as LLM. Law aspirant every year wait for this exam and attempt to a large extent every year.
Let’s start with the nitty-gritty and check the exam dates of CLAT 2019. This is only a tentative schedule and final official dates will be announced on the official website of CLAT 2019.
CLAT 2019 Important Dates Overview
CLAT 2019 tentative dates given in tabular form we will update important dates for the application form, admit card, result and counselling according to the official website, candidates can check important dates below.
|CLAT 2019 Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Release Date of notification||The third week of December 2018|
|Date of availability of Application Form||The first week of January 2019|
|Last date of submission of online application form||Last week of March 2019|
|Downloading availability of Admit Card will start||The third week of April 2019|
|Date of Final exam||The second week of May 2019|
|The release date of Answer Key||The third week of May 2019|
|Date of Correction raised on Answer Key||Until the third week of May 2019|
|Final upload of amended answer key CLAT 2019 (if required)||Fourth week of May 2019|
|Date of declaration of Result/Merit List CLAT 2019||Last week of May 2019|
|Date of 1st Indicative Cut-off Seat Allocation declaration||The first week of June 2019|
|Payment of counselling fee for CLAT 2019||Until 2nd week of June 2019|
Students must also know what necessary things need to be done on CLAT application form 2019. For this one has to read its detail below.
CLAT 2019 Application Form
Here CLAT aspirants will get an idea about the CLAT application form 2019 and its releasing date mode of availability of forms, necessary documents to upload & other details:
- The CLAT application form 2019 will be available for the students only through online mode and it will be filled only online.
- The student must note How to register for CLAT 2019 that will be available to fill online from the first week of January to Last week of March 2019.
- A student will fill the application form only once. Multiple submission is not allowed. One registration for one student.
- The student must note that they have to upload scanned photograph (Pic dimensions: 200×230 pixels & Pic size: 20KB-50KB), scanned signature pic (pic dimensions: 140×60 pixels & pic size: 10KB-20KB) and scanned image of Specially Abled person certificate (If needed).
- No hard copy of CLAT application form 2019 will be accepted at the CLAT office.
- After successful submission of CLAT application form 2019, no changes or alteration will be allowed.
Now there is another important section for student and that is APPLICATION FEE. Just check below
- All the students will have to submit 4000 as an application fee for CLAT 2019.
- For SC/ST students, it will be INR 3500 fee for CLAT 2019.
- The student will submit their fee through any of the non-cash/online mode i.e. credit card/debit card/ RuPay/net banking/wallet etc.
- Students who cannot make payment online they will also make payment through offline mode. Bank Challan.
- The student must note that CLAT Fee 2019 will be Non-refundable in any case.
Let’s have a sneak preview of the chart
|A student belongs to General/OBC/Specially Abled Persons & another category||INR 4000|
|A student belongs to SC/ST category||INR 3500|
Now let see the Eligibility Criteria for the students to appear for CLAT 2019.
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Students must see the below-given eligibility criteria to apply for the CLAT 2019 exam. Broad details about CLAT eligibility criteria 2019 are given here for reference;
- Students of Indian Origin/NRI students /NRI Sponsored students can apply.
- In case of NRI students /NRI Sponsored students, they can apply for those NLUs where such category students are permitted to take admission.
- Foreign National Students do not need to appear for CLAT exam, they can apply directly to the concerned institutions.
Upper Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit for the students to apply for UG & PG law courses.
Appearing Students: Students who are appearing in the qualifying exam will be eligible to apply for CLAT 2019
|Courses||CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria|
|Qualifying Exam||Minimum Marks|
|For UG Integrated Courses||The student should Pass 10+2 exam from the recognized central/state board||The student should secure minimum 45% marks (in case of Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons and other category students) & 40% marks (in case of SC/ST category students).|
|For PG Courses||The student should pass LLB or five years Integrated LLB-Hons. Or any other equivalent examination.||The student should secure minimum 55% marks (in case of Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons and other category students) & 50% marks (in case of SC/ST category students).|
Now let see the Exam Pattern for CLAT 2019 and vital idea of questions and subject matter.
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
In this section students will see and know about CLAT Exam Pattern 2019 particulars of UG & PG law courses including exam mode, duration of exam, marking parameter, negative marking, etc.
- Exam Date: The CLAT 2019 will be held in the second week of May 2019.
- Mode: This exam is fully online and students have to give it on the computer.
- Duration: The CLAT 2019 exam will be of two hours duration.
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions/MCQs will be asked in the CLAT 2019 exam.
- Number of Questions: In case of UG law exam total 200 questions & in case of PG law exam, 150 questions will be asked in CLAT 2019.
- Total Marks: In UG question paper total marks will be 200 marks & for PG courses total marks will be 150 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, students will be awarded 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from student’s total marks.
|For all UG Law courses||English including reading comprehension||40||2 hours|
|GK and Current Affairs Questions||50|
|Arithmetic/ Mathematics Questions||20|
|Legal Aptitude Questions||50|
|Logical Reasoning Questions||40|
|For PG Law Courses||Constitutional Law Questions||50||2 hours|
|Other Law related subjects such as Contract, Criminal Law, Torts, International Law, IPR etc.||50|
CLAT 2019 Syllabus
The CLAT syllabus 2019 for UG courses will be covered in the following sections, i.e. English including Comprehension, General Knowledge, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning and Current Affairs. In case of Law PG courses, students can study from these particular sections, i.e. Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence & Other Law Subjects i.e. as Contract, Criminal Law, Torts, International Law, and IPR etc.
A brief preview of Law syllabus is given below:
- English Including Comprehension
This part of English includes comprehension passages and grammar such as the real meanings of words used in the passage, understanding of the detailed passage, fill in the blanks in a paragraph with appropriate words, rectification of incorrect grammatical sentences, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
This section includes the questions on national and international current affairs, general awareness such as static GK, etc.
This section will test the students’ knowledge of elementary mathematics (maths up to class 10th).
- Legal Aptitude
This section will test the students’ knowledge towards the study of law, legal propositions problem-solving ability, research aptitude etc.
- Logical Reasoning
This section includes identifies patterns, syllogisms, rectifies illogical arguments, logical sequences, analogies, logical links, etc.
Preparation Tips for CLAT 2019
To get outstanding performance in any national level exam, the student must do some extraordinary CLAT Preparation Tips 2019. We are listing, some preparation tips & tricks for How to crack exam of CLAT 2019
- Manage your time. As time management is very crucial for cracking any exam. Make proper allotment of time for each section including revision.
- Buy and consult important books which all are related to the subjects and keep reading the newspaper and check the recent news to aware of day to day activity.
- Students’ should solve previous year’s question papers & test papers of CLAT to get a fair idea about CLAT 2019.
- Students should solve more and more online mock test for better preparation. This will help the students to achieve good marks in the CLAT 2019.
- Try to create formulas and trick which can be helpful at the last time preparation.
CLAT 2019 Admit Card
CLAT admit cards 2019 will be available only to those students who will fulfil the registration and pay a complete fee on time. In this section, the student will check this section for admit card details such as date of releasing of CLAT admit card 2019, mode of getting the CLAT admit card 2019 etc.
- Students will be able to download the CLAT admit card 2019 through online mode by signing-in into their LOGIN account.
- CLAT admit card 2019 will be issued to the students in the third week of April 2019.
- No, admit card will be provided in offline mode or by post.
- The student will carry the CLAT admit card 2019 along with all the mandatory documents to the examination hall at the time of final exam CLAT 2019.
- Apart from admitting card, students will also bring a valid photo ID proof for verification such as Voter ID card/ Aadhar Card/ Passport/Driving License.
CLAT 2019 Answer Key
- Students will be able to check the CLAT answer key 2019 in the third week of May 2019 only on the official website of CLAT.
- Students will view the CLAT answer key 2019 only through their valid login credentials i.e. username and password on the official website of CLAT 2019.
- In case of issues in published CLAT answer key 2019, students will contact the officials until May 2019.
- The final answer key will be displayed to the students in the fourth week of May 2019. (if applicable).
CLAT 2019 Result
It is one of the main section for the student’s point of view as this section will define the how the students can view their CLAT result 2019.
- The CLAT result 2019 will be declared in the last week of May 2019 on the official website.
- To check the CLAT result 2019, Students will have to login the official students’ corner with their username and password.
- There will be no other provision for the students to check the CLAT result 2019.
- Students should download the multiple copies of admit card for future purpose i.e. admission.
CLAT 2019 Cut Off
In this section, students can check the details of CLAT cut off 2019 releasing manner, date of releasing cut off, previous year cut off, etc.
- The CLAT authority will release the Cut-off list after few days of the announcement of CLAT result 2019.
- This cut-off list will be published in the month May 2019 on the official website of CLAT 2019.
- With the help of cut off marks, students will be able to know their probabilities of getting admission to the different Law colleges and universities of India.
There is a cut-off list of previous year issues by top coaching centers of India;
|Top India Coaching Center||Cut Off Marks|
|Career Launcher||145+ marks|
|Crack CLAT||145-148 marks|
|Rajneesh Singh (DO-Zen/ CLAT Essentials)||144.5 marks|
|LegalEdge Tutorials||142-145 marks|
CLAT 2019 Counselling
Just after the CLAT result 2019 declaration, the CLAT authority will publish first indicative seat allocation list of the successful candidates on merit cum preference basis in the first week of June 2019.
The particulars regarding CLAT counselling 2019 process are given below in a general way:
- The CLAT authority will organize a centralized counselling process for admission to the various UG & PG law courses in several participating universities.
- The counselling process will comprise of four rounds.
- The fee payment and other activities of taking in law courses will be started in the month of June 2019.
- Students will pay Rs. 50,000 as a counselling fee in the beginning. It will be adjusted at the time of admission in law courses.
- The allotment of CLAT seats will be done on the merit-cum-preference basis, i.e. CLAT rank, category filled, number of seats, the order of preferences, availability of seats, etc.
- Students will submit the balanced admission fee to the NLU later on.
Now let’s discuss some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for a better understanding of CLAT 2019.
Frequently Asked Queries (FAQs) about CLAT 2019
Following are the recently asked FAQs by students regarding the CLAT 2019
- Question: How will I realize that my application enrolled for CLAT 2019?
Answer: As soon as you will successfully register on the official website of CLAT 2019 an email and sms will come to your email and registered mobile number as soon as you will press ‘Submit button’. A registration number and password will come in your email.
- Question: How will I re-affirm that my application is saved successfully?
Answer: In the event of uncertainty about the effective registration of CLAT 2019, students are advised to visit the page for Print of Application, produce the Printout and save the physical copy of the form and soft copy of the form.
- Question: I need to change/alter some details which I have filled in the application?
Answer: Correction just permits before the submission of the application. Select the edit option to correct the details entered. Take a new printout after alteration of any essential detail. Information loaded with basic info can’t be altered changed in any case.
- Question: Do we need to send a hard copy of the filled CLAT application 2019 form or any other documents to the CLAT Office?
Answer: No, you need not send any hard copy of form nor credentials to CLAT office.
- Question: At what point when will I give my choices of alternatives of NLUs?
Answer: Students can fill the choices of alternatives of NLUs while applying for CLAT 2019.
Question: Can I change my NLUs decisions after locking it?
Answer: No you cannot change the decisions on NLUs once it is locked.
Question: Would be able to apply to some other Law School/University by utilizing CLAT Score?
Answer: Yes you can apply.
Question: If a Law school has its own entrance/exam test. Will despite everything they still accept my CLAT scores 2019 for admission?
Answer: Most Law Colleges, those have their own entrance/exam test, they don’t acknowledge some other law exam scores, yet there are some different schools, which acknowledge and accept CLAT scores.
Question: If someone doesn’t know how to use the computer. Is it mandatory to know the computer skills to give the online examination?
Answer: Yes you should know how to use a computer because there is no other way to give CLAT exam 2019.
This is all about CLAT 2019 on the basis of the in-depth research and information we collect through authentic official sources. You can freely post your queries in the below comment section to get them answered by our experts.