BLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 – The Hindu University of Banaras (BHU) will decide the BLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 for admissions to five-year combined Bachelor of Law programs. Applicants looking for admission to the LLB undergraduate program offered at BHU must verify the eligibility criteria before completing the application form. The application Form of BLAT 2019 will be available from the first week of February 2019. It is imperative that aspirants check the eligibility criteria before completing the BLAT application form or preparing the test. If the applicants do not meet the BLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019, they will be barred and the complete application fee will be seized. Candidates aspiring to get admission into integrated law course of 5 years first be familiar with the eligibility criteria and then apply for the same. All you have to do is visit the official web portal of BHU and fill the BLAT application form 2019 absolutely without any mistake.
BLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019: Educational Qualification
- Applicants must have completed a 10 + 2 level of qualifying examination from a recognized state or equivalent considered by the National Education Council of India
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% of total score from all subjects in their qualifying examination.
- Applicants must have secured a minimum of 45% in the aggregate if they belong to the OBC category
- Scheduled Caste/scheduled tribe applicants must obtain a minimum aggregate score of 40% in all subjects of the final examination
- Applicants expecting the result of the 10 + 2 final exams are also eligible for an application for BLAT 2019 only if they submit valid proof of scorecard examination with minimum marks mandatory at the time of admission.
- In accordance with the latest notification issued by BHU, the age limit criteria have been abolished for admissions to the five-year integrated Bachelor of Law program in the years. Earlier, in accordance with the guidelines of the Council of Indian Lawyers (BCI), candidates for admission to five-year law programs were not to be more than 20 years old if they were in a general category and, in the case of categories Reserved, the upper age limit is 22 years.
BLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019: Reservation Policy
BHU strictly adheres to the reservation policies set by the Government of India. Below is the list of seat slot for various categories:
- Other Backward Classes- 27%
- Scheduled Caste- 15%
- Scheduled Tribe- 5%
- Physically Disabled- 3%
BLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019: Important Guidelines
- Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in B. A. /B. Sc. / B.com. ensuring a minimum of 50% marks in aggregated consideration of all subjects in the 3 years excluding for the allied subjects.
- For SC/ST candidates, there is no minimum aggregate percentage of the marks in the qualification test, except that they must have passed the aptitude test.
- Candidates may also hold a bachelor’s degree as per the curriculum approved by the Bar Council of India.
- If the applicant has completed the entrance test in which the grades are awarded if the grade sheet does not indicate the corresponding percentage of marks from the grades, the candidate is expected to submit a duly attested conversion certificate.
- Aggregate percentage of the marks ‘ will also be the additional marks given to a candidate. The percentage of the marks in the cumulative is calculated as from the final mark sheet of the qualification test.
- Concerned Certificates of the applicants who have submitted counterfeit or counterfeit certificates or fraudulent means will be rejected. In addition, such candidates cannot be seen in all subsequent exams conducted by BHU.
- The candidates are entitled to take examinations on the basis of the provisional marks, subject to the definitive review of the marks/diplomas/certificates, the legitimacy of certificates/mark sheets of qualifying examination and also non-participation in the acceptance of them in one of the previously held university examinations.
- Applicants admitted to a course at this university are not entitled to pursue a different full-time course at this or another university/institution at the same time.
- The mere presence in the entrance test or the securing of basic marks at the BLAT does not permit the student to take part in the course unless he meets the BLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019. Applicants must fully comply with the eligibility criteria as described above before completing the application form.
Your further doubts about the eligibility criteria of BLAT 2019 are welcome in the comment box below.